Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: banshee hard to start??  (Read 5514 times)
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »

its a 2000..stock with vforce 3 reeds and boost bottle..i just got it yesterday..when i bought it, it started 1st kick right up for a test ride..and the enginge was cold when we started it..and i got home and it was flooded so we finally got it started again after many kicks..so i made sure to shut the gas off and let the fuel burn up so it wouldnt flood again..well this morning i went to start it and it won't start..well i got it runing once after we checked the plugs and they were wet so we cleaned them until we get some new ones..and it started to bog and was flooding again..this was with the gas off..and i know the petcock does work..annyone have any suggestions on why it floods? thanx
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »

Its a yamaha. Get a honda, problem fixed. Umm I aint no expert but maybe adjust the carb. Dunno

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »

ya i figured carb..and how are your valves doin?..if u have a thumper..haha
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »

you need to find the way it likes to start. theres a nack to most bikes. i cant start a 2 stroke for my life but i can jump on a XR or CRF and fire em right up. i dont understand it. my XR will only start if the kick starter is at the right spot too. its weird. it took me a few times to get it dialed in. that may be the problem.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:22 AM »

ya..i know what you mean..but this isnt the case..i've owned a blaster..which is almost the same kick starter..3 cr125's..2 kx250's..yz450f..xr400..kdx200..and i was able to dial in my starting on those bikes like nothing..so i dont know..i'm thinking its the fuel
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »

Just give up and give it away, preferably to me Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »

hahaha
KB

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »

Change your plugs (ngk b8es).
(BR8ES if you have a Dyna ignition)
take your carbs off, take them apart one at a time, take out your jets, make sure there isn't a piece of dirt on your needle & seat
(float bowl)
blow jets & entire carbs out w/ a can or 2 of carb. cleaner & the red nozzle that comes w/it.

while you got carbs apart wright down your jet sizes on paper or in your manual if you have one so you know what sizes you have for future reference.

put it back together & see what happens.

If you still have your T.O.R.S. hooked up disconect the cables to them, www.bansheehq.com will tell you step by step, & a lot of how to's.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:04:38 PM by KB » Logged
KB

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 04:03:44 PM »

I think your plugs are just fouled though.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »

thanks KB..i think i'm going to start at the basics..empty the old fuel..new plugs..and see how it runs then..and then decide if it needs the carbs cleaned
KB

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

I know you said the petcock works & I don't think it has anything to do w/ your prob. but there is a little screen inside that petcock like a filter, if you have it apart, make sure that screen/filter is clean too.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »

I know you said the petcock works & I don't think it has anything to do w/ your prob. but there is a little screen inside that petcock like a filter, if you have it apart, make sure that screen/filter is clean too.

or if theres a fuel filter, make sure its clean.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 08:51:09 PM »

ya..no fuelfilter..but i'll look into the petcock filter
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55:34 PM »

but tomorrow i'm puttin ne plugs in..but today i drained the old gas and i put in new premium with bel ray oil at 32:1..it started right up and before it seemed to lag on the throttle response at low rpms and today after doing this..it seemed much much better and didn't hesitate at all..before it was almost like a bogging when i took off..like from idle to movement it kinda bogged unless i kept the rpms WAY WAY WAY up..like a drag bike..but it didnt need that today..so i think i may have solved my problem..and it started way easier too
KB

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »

Get you a pack of clear plastic fuel filters from the dealer, i bought a bag of 6 i think from Cahills Yamaha, there like 3.00 a piece, good for gas or alcahol.
Thee clear so you can see if your gettin gas to your carbs.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 09:53:31 PM »

ok thanx
KB

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »

I could be wrong but Bel-Ray is a good oil, I would mix it at least 40:1, I mix mine 50:1

The books say 32:1 to cover there buts.
You don't need that much oil.
Might not foul out plugs as much either.(I still always keep an extra set w/ me when I'm out riding though)
Usually when you let friends put around on it & not know how to start it, is when you'll foul plugs
You need a book.
& again www.bansheehq.com will help you out a lot.
I know CutnGrs & Don are prob. readin all of this & laughin there azz off, but I remember when I got my first Banshee.
 They are pretty basic motor's, even splittin the cases was easier than I thought it would be, you'll learn fast.

Most my friends run Banshee's, we love them.

But you gotta get a book,
 I'll help the best I can. Have fun & be careful on that thing.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 05:47:30 PM »

ya deffinately..thanx for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com