Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Modern Parable  (Read 2187 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:18:15 PM »

A Modern Parable

A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River . Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens and a certificate of completion for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower (a reduction in workforce) for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was "out-sourced" to India ...

Sadly, the End.

However, sad, but oh so true!  Here's something else to think about:

Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages. Toyota has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US

The last quarter's results:

Toyota makes 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in losses. Ford folks are still scratching their heads.

IF THIS WASN'T SO SAD IT MIGHT BE FUNNY!

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »

Well, yall know I think its funny. And very true. I cant believe that people wont buy Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. They employ more Americans than Ford, GM and Dodge. Them so called American made cars are really Mexican made and Canadian made cars. And them so called Jap made cars are REALLY AMERICAN MADE cars.

Just the other day, my friend was tellin me how crappy Jap stuff was and he goes inside, turns a Sony tv on, and fires up the PS3 (made by Sony). Then to top that off, he has a Honda ATV and streetbike. But wont buy a Toyota truck (even though he admits they are better) cause he wants to buy American stuff.  Huh Man I could do this all day.
KB

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »

Great Post about the American way.

They make building materials in some other countrys like Sweden or someplace that are not allowed in the USA.
Like roof coatings that last a long time (too long), because we have to keep our people working we use the materials that need replaced more often.

I heard if you want the most American made car it would be Toyota's mini-van.

I know the 05 Chevy pickup I have, the metal is way thinner & cheaper grade, than cars built back before the 70's.

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:47:27 PM »

I'm not even going to go in depth.

American > Foreign

[/END]

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
KB

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 09:38:28 PM »

I hear ya Rob, I call it to much fat in the office, the company I worked for got like that, but I told myself, if it was my kid or in-law I would do the same thing for them, bloods thicker than water.
After about 10 yrs. i quit.(that company isn't anything it use to be either, was all employees, now all sub's)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:25:36 AM by KB » Logged
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »

The main reason I think people like to buy american cars over jap cars is that the profits go right back to japan

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »

A Modern Parable

A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River . Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens and a certificate of completion for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower (a reduction in workforce) for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was "out-sourced" to India ...

Sadly, the End.

However, sad, but oh so true!  Here's something else to think about:

Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages. Toyota has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US

The last quarter's results:

Toyota makes 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in losses. Ford folks are still scratching their heads.

IF THIS WASN'T SO SAD IT MIGHT BE FUNNY!

They might show on there taxes that there losing 9 million but do you think that there really losing 9 million a year. I think not!!! They wouldn't be in business other wise. Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com