Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QT314  (Read 20413 times)
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 11:24:48 AM »

I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.

Thanks.  I usually get out about when you did but I had to finish cleaning my property out there.  No worries on the truck.  I'm upset about it cause it's looking like I'm gonna fix it and trade it in on a new/used truck.  I just hate getting rid of my baby!

if you fix it why not keep it?

Just seems like the problem today was a sign.  I don't ever want to worry about what happened today again.  I'm lucky I was able to put out the fires under the truck and in the engine or I'd have lost the truck and the quad.  I'm fortunate that I was able to get out.  But I'm not willing to risk something happening again.

I'm in a better budget now and rather than lift Blue like I was planning. I'm just gonna go w/ a total upgrade.  Blue may be safe and it may be fine.  I just won't feel the same if I have to worry about it. 

you shoulda bought a chevy, maybe this time you'll listen to me.... LOL    sorry it would of taken me so long to come and get ya but when you called I had just pulled in with my new genny on a borrowed trailer that the guy was standing there waiting for it back.

PS.  buy a CHEVY this time  

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
qt314nfla

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »

I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.

Thanks.  I usually get out about when you did but I had to finish cleaning my property out there.  No worries on the truck.  I'm upset about it cause it's looking like I'm gonna fix it and trade it in on a new/used truck.  I just hate getting rid of my baby!

if you fix it why not keep it?

Just seems like the problem today was a sign.  I don't ever want to worry about what happened today again.  I'm lucky I was able to put out the fires under the truck and in the engine or I'd have lost the truck and the quad.  I'm fortunate that I was able to get out.  But I'm not willing to risk something happening again.

I'm in a better budget now and rather than lift Blue like I was planning. I'm just gonna go w/ a total upgrade.  Blue may be safe and it may be fine.  I just won't feel the same if I have to worry about it. 

you shoulda bought a chevy, maybe this time you'll listen to me.... LOL    sorry it would of taken me so long to come and get ya but when you called I had just pulled in with my new genny on a borrowed trailer that the guy was standing there waiting for it back.

PS.  buy a CHEVY this time  

Is yours for sale?  Oh wait no thanks.  Your dumb arse bought a 2500 w/ a gas engine.  Hey Kevin, next time buy a diesel in a truck that big.  Maybe you could afford to drive it more.  LMFAO!  Just kidding Kevin.  You know I love your truck!

I know you would have been there.  I appreciate that you were willing to come help me out.  BTW- When's the next time you're going to camp?
qt314nfla

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »

where were you?  on the side of the road where?  you think getting stuck this weekend had anything to do with this? Dang, what an emotional roller coaster!! i'm sure!!

Rebecca

ps thanks Lauren

I know that the idiot that tore up my road is what caused this.  Sad when you can't go back to your camp w/o some body that doesn't know how to use 4wd and be conservative on the road.  I got in and out of there w/o any problems since I've had my camp.  I wish I knew who tore up the road so I could tell them thanks for almost costing me all my toys and my life.

I was on 64 just west of Ona.

It was a silver F250, Some friends saw it stuck in that hole late friday night.  You got stuck around 5 or 6am right?

That same F250 was stuck again in the new trail cut around the hole saturday night just before dinner.  I tried to winch him out, but didn't work out.  Went back to camp to find a snatch block, but discovered it was left at home, plus the lobster and dolphin was about ready.

I saw the guy then.  He was stuck when I had the bike out trying to find the best way to get a friend of mine into camp.  Big dumb arse.  I tiny little blond that can drive around there and have no prob but this moron tears up the road twice?
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »

Glad to hear that your safe. I have a friend who lives on 64 about 10 miles from Ona.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 01:18:21 PM »

Glad to see that there was a minimal loss in the situation. I can sympathize with your vehicle leaving you high and dry when you’re deep and wet.

qt314nfla

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »

Glad to see that there was a minimal loss in the situation. I can sympathize with your vehicle leaving you high and dry when you’re deep and wet.

I remember when your tranny blew on 27 headed to Lcross w/ your new hauler.  Always hate to see someone's misfortune.  I'm just glad mine didn't get as bad as bleedsblue.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »

Had you been in a Chevy it would have swallowed the fire and used it as a Kind of NOS Boost.....all other trucks are scared of fire.....LOL

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
qt314nfla

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »

Had you been in a Chevy it would have swallowed the fire and used it as a Kind of NOS Boost.....all other trucks are scared of fire.....LOL

LMAO.  Yeah I've been in a chevy.  My buddy brought his 3500 to pick me up.  Unfortunately, there was no camera around or I'd have posted the pics for all y'all to laugh at after what I've said about Chevy's.  So that rode so quietly that yes even I am considering one.  Although I'm still a ford girl and want a ford.

Thanks for the laugh Joe.  Sorry you missed the jello shots this weekend.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 01:42:13 PM »

LMAO.  Yeah I've been in a chevy.  My buddy brought his 3500 to pick me up.  Unfortunately, there was no camera around or I'd have posted the pics for all y'all to laugh at after what I've said about Chevy's.  So that rode so quietly that yes even I am considering one.  Although I'm still a ford girl and want a ford.

I had issues all weekend.....

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »

lol..... You've got issues all week too........ Cheesy

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »

lol..... You've got issues all week too........ Cheesy

So I have been told...LOL

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
qt314nfla

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 02:32:38 PM »

Sorry to hear it.  Hope it's nothing too bad.  I'll have more jello shots out there in the future to share.
Bo322

****FMR****

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »

Is this something new?Huh?

Glad your truck survived Lauren!!!
SwampRat

Life's hard; get a helmet.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »

Pretty bad when Joe goes to sleep before I start my first ride.  Glad your okay QT, sounds like a good opportunity to move up to a SuperDuty.  Thanks for the Jello shots at the Playpen.  Not sure how many I had but didn't get back to camp until after 5 AM so I guess it was the right amount  Grin

Keep us posted on the repairs.

Keith

06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg
qt314nfla

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »

Thanks for the well wishes.  Pretty much set on a diesel crew cab on the next one.  Still checking my options.  Hoping that the only problem is the transmission line leak.  If it's anymore I'll probably claim it on insurance to fix it.

Hope to be in a new truck w/in two weeks.  I hope Scotty can find the right truck in time.

Keith glad you enjoyed the jello shots.  Had more out there the next night but didn't see y'all.
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »

I am surprised to here the oil ignited, that was my initial thought, why did it ignite? Means the flash point is pretty low. Now as far as the truck and don’t dismiss it yet but, Dodge with a mega-cab. The back seats actually recline. I found it useful for a cross county midday expedition to acquire hardware from time to time. Those V-8 just don’t give you the fuel economy that the old reliable inline 6 gives ya, 20-24 mpg is not anything to overlook. just my .02 cents.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »

Your such a shmuck with your chevy chit....HA!~

Glad your Ok and not too much damage.If its paid for? Just buy a bigger fire extinguisher,if not get rid of it.No sense having payments & headaches.

truce (trūs)
n.
A temporary cessation or suspension of hostilities by agreement of the opposing sides; an armistice.
A respite from a disagreeable state of affairs.
tr. & intr.v., truced, truc·ing, truc·es.
To end or be ended with a truce.

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »

Glad you made it out OK.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
qt314nfla

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »

Wacker thanks for the truce.  No, the truck isn't paid for which is why I'm gonna get something nicer to pay for.  I'll find out damage tomorrow when I fix it.  Hoping it's easy otherwise I'll let insurance pay for it.

Logic, it wasn't the oil.  It sprang a leak in a transmission fluid line.  So it blew transmissin fluid all down the road.  Fortunately it had just busted when I pulled over.  But that's what caught it on fire.

As for fire extinguisher.  I didn't have one.  I need bigger feet and to wear my boots not my crocks next time I stomp out a fire.  And I had water in the cooler but I couldn't get to it cause it was bungied down.  So a guy that stopped and watched molly for me dumped water on the engine.  We got to it very quickly and from the outside there appears to be no damage.  I"m more concerned w/ the engine and electrical.

PL- do tell me more of the dodge idea.  I'm a bit nervous about the transmission problems that dodges are known for.  Also last I recal their diesels are louder than a chevy or ford.  I'm trying to not get something that I have to scream inside to talk.

Also, I'm debating new or used.  Not sure if I can do a new diesel but I can do a new Toyota.  Just thinking about payments, percentage financing, and incintives.  I'm listening to your thoughts and taking in the info.  Going to get a crew cab this time also.
qt314nfla

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

Glad you made it out OK.

Thanks Art.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »

Wacker thanks for the truce.  No, the truck isn't paid for which is why I'm gonna get something nicer to pay for.  I'll find out damage tomorrow when I fix it.  Hoping it's easy otherwise I'll let insurance pay for it.

Logic, it wasn't the oil.  It sprang a leak in a transmission fluid line.  So it blew transmissin fluid all down the road.  Fortunately it had just busted when I pulled over.  But that's what caught it on fire.

As for fire extinguisher.  I didn't have one.  I need bigger feet and to wear my boots not my crocks next time I stomp out a fire.  And I had water in the cooler but I couldn't get to it cause it was bungied down.  So a guy that stopped and watched molly for me dumped water on the engine.  We got to it very quickly and from the outside there appears to be no damage.  I"m more concerned w/ the engine and electrical.

PL- do tell me more of the dodge idea.  I'm a bit nervous about the transmission problems that dodges are known for.  Also last I recal their diesels are louder than a chevy or ford.  I'm trying to not get something that I have to scream inside to talk.

Also, I'm debating new or used.  Not sure if I can do a new diesel but I can do a new Toyota.  Just thinking about payments, percentage financing, and incintives.  I'm listening to your thoughts and taking in the info.  Going to get a crew cab this time also.

I can lend a hand in the way of a Ford diesel or otherwise both on the location of one, service and parts.  Have you spoke with Swamp Donkey yet?
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Crocks??  Hell, I thought you wore Birkenstocks.... Cool

Glad you were toasted at RR and not on the road. And I thought I had problems when my wheel fell off on main grade Sat nite. And when the Foreman blew a seal on the shifter.....

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
qt314nfla

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

I can lend a hand in the way of a Ford diesel or otherwise both on the location of one, service and parts.  Have you spoke with Swamp Donkey yet?

Yeah, I put in a post last night and called him today.  Waiting to here back.  Thanks on maybe being able to lend me a hand on getting hold of a ford if I go that way.
qt314nfla

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 05:35:49 PM »

Crocks??  Hell, I thought you wore Birkenstocks.... Cool

Glad you were toasted at RR and not on the road. And I thought I had problems when my wheel fell off on main grade Sat nite. And when the Foreman blew a seal on the shifter.....

I do have Birks also.  I wasn't at the ranch I was half way home.  About 45 minutes from my house way out hwy 64 w/ a cow pasture on both sides of the road.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

get something with 10k miles on it...still new but someone else took the depreciation hit....GL

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com