Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: atv lift kit  (Read 1739 times)
Ynot0323
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »

i am thinking about putting a lift kit on my 2003 kawasaki prairie 360 4x4, but not sure which is the best and will give me the most lift..

i currently have ITP Mud Lite 25's on my bike, but would like to lift the bike a bit..Maybe 4 inches, but all the kits i am finding are average of 1-2" kits..

I saw a kit a while back, for a polaris, that was 8 inches of lift. Oh my god!. Think it was custom built, but i want something similar to that, so i can get into some deeper water and not need to worry bout the bike leaving me STRANDED..

any and all help would be appreciated..

If you have any ideas, feel free to e-mail me at Ynot0323@aol.com

Thanks,
Tony
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »

2" is the highest for a praire unless you extend the rear driveshaft and a bunch of other stuff. You can get a 2" Highlifter then the Highlifter lift springs which should give you about 3"s more. After that you are looking at about $3k for a lift b/c it will be custom. Also I'm not for sure if your front axles with be at to much of an angle with the 2" + springs as it could cause a bunch of axles breaking(doubt it though). I would Do the lift, springs, and put in some snorkels that can go from short to tall. Put Di-electric grease on the fuses and in the spark plug boot. And if I would also get some different tires( I would do 26" mudbugs, gators or outlaws) for better floatation.

I have a friend that rides with me on a polaris 325 mag, and he goes as deep if not deeper than I go.

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
Ynot0323
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 11:25:52 PM »

The bike has snorkels on it right now, previous owner installed them, but i do not know if they are done correctly..

i would like to find someone who could look at them and let me know, maybe i need to extend them even higher..

the tires are fine, they havent left me in the mud yet.. let me not JINX myself.. My problem was, the water..

thanks,
tony
fl750mudder

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 08:10:16 AM »

The bike has snorkels on it right now, previous owner installed them, but i do not know if they are done correctly..

i would like to find someone who could look at them and let me know, maybe i need to extend them even higher..

the tires are fine, they havent left me in the mud yet.. let me not JINX myself.. My problem was, the water..

thanks,
tony

A couple of things about this post. One the snorkels were done right. I did them. The second thing is it already has a lift on it. It is called a 2" SuperAtv lift. It is good to see it is still doing a good job for you. You could extend the snorkels.

2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com