Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #1  (Read 18776 times)
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 07:00:30 PM »

Still haven't gotten the new Quad yet??  That kinda sucks.  Hopefully you'll get it before the 2nd QS comes around.

Well can't wait to see everyone there and to see how the new 30+ class is going to be.  I know from the posts on here there are some fast dudes in my class.  It's gonna be fun. Grin Grin

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

Man what a track! Just over 9 miles of nothing but "TIGHT" trails. I got 2nd but man I paid for it! Cry Still was fun as always.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 02:29:35 PM »

I never saw so many red plates.
I got last place  Cry

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »

It was brutal. I was 3rd around the fist turn in my class. About 1/2 mile in I had taken the lead. Then I made a bad decision at mile 3 and went between 2 trees that I thought I could fit through and second place was right on my butt and rear ended me. That wedged me in pretty good. It took at least two minutes to get it out. By then I was in 7th or 8th. 2 miles later I hit a tree really hard with the left front tire. It sent me over the bars. I landed about 10 feet in front of the quad. It bent the tie rod, so now I can't turn right and going fast in a straight line is very hard, bummer. Plus I banged up my left thumb so now every bump in the track hurts. By then I was so far behind I just cruised for a couple of laps. No matter what the course is like I always have fun and enjoy all the good people that are attracted to such events.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:02:42 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »

Hey Frank did you stay to see your placement? How about Frank S? How'd he do? We had to leave as it was a long drive home. They count the best three points on each team. Chuck got 50 and I got 47.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »

We both finished 9th.

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

I never saw so many red plates.
I got last place  Cry

Yea but last was second. LOL!

YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »

It was a great race, very tight like you guys mentioned (I saw a lot of tie rods bent), no place to take a breath, it showed me how bad I need to get back in shape, this class will be very competitive.
It will be very interesting at Jacksonville in two weeks, it will be a nice track for what I've been told.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »

134 points for Team-MX SOUTH.COM !!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

It was a great race, very tight like you guys mentioned (I saw a lot of tie rods bent), no place to take a breath, it showed me how bad I need to get back in shape, this class will be very competitive.
It will be very interesting at Jacksonville in two weeks, it will be a nice track for what I've been told.

I agree with that.

duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »

I screwed up and didn't move to the 30+ class and had to kill myself to get second! The 30+ class 2nd place rider was I think about 6 minutes slower than my time. Oh well felt better doin good with the young'uns I guess?? There was a lot of stobs, stumps and trees and a lot of them weren't painted. And man it was slippery, definitely no places to relax.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 08:45:11 PM »

Frank, I appreciated you wedging your bike between that tree and holding up Jimmy at the same time. It let me have the lead for about a mile until I wiped out a tie rod and had to sit in the woods watching everyone for 2 hrs. I was going to skip the next race because of the distance but now I might go after this DNF.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »

Frank, I appreciated you wedging your bike between that tree and holding up Jimmy at the same time. It let me have the lead for about a mile until I wiped out a tie rod and had to sit in the woods watching everyone for 2 hrs. I was going to skip the next race because of the distance but now I might go after this DNF.

Your welcome! You can return the favor at a later date. LOL

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 09:16:41 PM »

You were riding really well. That was a good pass you made on Jimmy. When you guys got stuck and I went around I thought I was going to get a break but I quickly came up on the tail of the white Bs and they were riding like they were on a sunday stroll and there was nowhere to get around them. When I made my pass, I clipped a tree and it was all over but the crying.  Always a good time though. My son had a really good race in Super Pee Wee and watching him race is worth the trip alone. 

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

You were riding really well. That was a good pass you made on Jimmy. When you guys got stuck and I went around I thought I was going to get a break but I quickly came up on the tail of the white Bs and they were riding like they were on a sunday stroll and there was nowhere to get around them. When I made my pass, I clipped a tree and it was all over but the crying.  Always a good time though. My son had a really good race in Super Pee Wee and watching him race is worth the trip alone. 

Thanks. Those trees kept jumping out in front of me too. I was feeling strong but I got wore out quickly. I'm not in the shape I was last year at this time. Once I was in front I was trying to put as much distance and as many slow rides between me and everyone else before I started to get tired. I knew it was just a matter of time before the combination of the heat, rough track and me being out of shape to start slowing me down. Plus I knew you and everyone else in the class were right behind me charging hard. We have some really good riders in our class. After I bent the left tie rod I only could go slow. Can't wait for the next one. Too bad the next 2 are both in Jacksonville. Gas prices are killing me!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:37:26 AM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

predatorracer8

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »

man you guys are making me jealous i cant race until big cypress......how was c-open lookin
backinsaddle

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2007, 08:48:15 PM »

This was our first FTR race, and let me tell you, we had a great time and can't wait to do it again.  FTR puts on a great event, even my wife commented about how well it was run.  My youngest ran peewee B.  He got the holeshot and led for a couple laps, he must have spun out cause next time he came around the track he was in 3rd well behind the 2nd place person.  He ended up in 2nd with a big smile.  My oldest got a few bumps and bruises in practice and didn't want to race.  Hopefully next time.  I ran beginner class...it was me and another guy on a 450r...he beat me by about 2 minutes.  I was ready to quit after about 10 minutes of getting beat up on that track in that heat, but I decided to stick it out...I'm so glad I did, I got my second wind that carried my through to the end.  I did hit a tree, flip the bike and sprain my wrist though, that happened about 30 minutes into the race...it's healing well, just hope it's o.k. by the next race.

I want to say thanks to Brian (mudnuri) and Matt (chillin) for helping us out and guiding us through our first race, as well as all the helpful people at FTR that answered any questions. 
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2007, 11:10:28 PM »

Mark,glad to hear you want more. I will see you at the Jacksonville race, looking forward to it.
  Tell me again what was the name of that cleaner that you had, I have to get some of it, it worked great.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:59 AM »

Glad you and your family had a good time!
Sorry to hear you got hurt. It is no fun, I know.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com