Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala National Forest Group ride and ATV Safety Coures- October 6  (Read 2913 times)
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

To kick off the beginning of the ATV Safety Course for youth as required by the State of Florida we are going to have a group ride with both a morning and afternoon class for youth. This event will be sponsored by ONFA and will have representatives from the State of Florida and the USFS present.  We will be putting on the classes to demonstrate to the public what these classes will include. If you want to register , call the ATV Safety Institute at 1-800-887-2887  The price is $75.00, but after we are paid our fee, we will reimburse each parent $25.00  We will have a morning class for 6 to 11 yr old and in the afternoon for 12 to 15 yr old.

We will have 2 rides in the morning, a long trail ride(about 29 mi) and a short trail ride(about 11 mi) and a second short trail ride in the afternoon.  These will be family easy rides and we will have $.50 hot dogs and sodas.

This ride will be a good time to learn about what the safety course is all about.

The ride will start at the OHV Center.  If you would like to come, please post name and number here for a count.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:47:22 AM »

We will be there (T. Willis family)...(3 quads - 2 adults / 1- 16yr. & 1- 12 yr.) Terry, please explain the $75.00 fee? is it for all quads? All present? or just my 12 yr. old who is required to take the safety class? Also, will I have to pay the 1 day pass fee for the other two quads? And lastly where exactly is the OHV center? Do you have the GPS coordinates for the entrance to it?   thanks 
ps. put us down for the long ride  Grin
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »

sign the 12 yr old up at the 800 number.  The fee is what the ATV Safety Institute charges. My instructors(myself included) have agreed to teach the course for free, therefore, when the institute sends us our money, we will send you a check for $25.00.  I am still trying to get an answer from the USFS as to if we will have to pay the daily fee for this ride.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »

Thanks Terry, I will wait for further info.. Smiley
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »

I want to take my 8yr old to a safety course nut I have not purchased a youth atv yet would I have to bring a atv for him?
561Kodiak

"If life gives you mud, wrestle"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »

Can anyone tell me if a kid can just ride on the back of their parents ATV in Ocala? Would they still take the course if they do not have their own?
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:34 AM »

Until the state law changes July 1, 2008, you can still have a second person on an atv made for 1 person. If under 16, they must have a helmet .   You only need to take the course if you intend to operate your own atv.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com