Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free to all atvfloridamembers  (Read 32083 times)
Rick16b

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »

It's been hovering around a 100 degrees for the last 2 weeks, a/c is a must.

Also, I don't know if anyone is bringing a UTE, but I just finished the UTE Xtreme course, it's over a mile long and runs will be timed.  It starts of going through a lake, up a canal (with a penalized bypass if you don't want to drive through the canal), tabletop style jumps, strategically placed tree trunks, cambered corners, lots of minor elevation changes, through an artificially (at the moment) watered swamp area, more tabletops, more cambered corners and back to the parking area. It is awesome.

Hondas are the recommended ride, but as long as you are not worried about your time, any UTE "should" be able to make it.  Wink

Lots of trails are now cut in too.
I believe the Zuki went thru the canal just fine there Mister and how far did the "Honda" get.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »

It's been hovering around a 100 degrees for the last 2 weeks, a/c is a must.

Also, I don't know if anyone is bringing a UTE, but I just finished the UTE Xtreme course, it's over a mile long and runs will be timed.  It starts of going through a lake, up a canal (with a penalized bypass if you don't want to drive through the canal), tabletop style jumps, strategically placed tree trunks, cambered corners, lots of minor elevation changes, through an artificially (at the moment) watered swamp area, more tabletops, more cambered corners and back to the parking area. It is awesome.

Hondas are the recommended ride, but as long as you are not worried about your time, any UTE "should" be able to make it.  Wink

Lots of trails are now cut in too.
I believe the Zuki went thru the canal just fine there Mister and how far did the "Honda" get.

I was checking out the penalized bypass.  Wink
KB

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »

How is it if I bring a Banshee or a YFZ or maybe both ?
The Banshee is more of a trail's(full skids) & the YFZ is more of a MX track bike.

I don't have a utility quad so I'm just wondering.

But That Banshee could go thru a little bit.

HOW HAS THE DUST OR RAIN BEEN UP THERE ?

Also,
 PaulS, whatever happened to AmericanHighlander ?
I havent heard him around lately & I know the MOTOPLEX is near his house ?
Just curious.
Lookin forward to this weekend.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »

How is it if I bring a Banshee or a YFZ or maybe both ?
The Banshee is more of a trail's(full skids) & the YFZ is more of a MX track bike.

I don't have a utility quad so I'm just wondering.

But That Banshee could go thru a little bit.

HOW HAS THE DUST OR RAIN BEEN UP THERE ?

Also,
 PaulS, whatever happened to AmericanHighlander ?
I havent heard him around lately & I know the MOTOPLEX is near his house ?
Just curious.
Lookin forward to this weekend.

There are miles of one way sport quad friendly trails and an MX track and hill climbs. There are also miles of 2 way trails that either of your quads will go around fine, just have to keep the speed down on the 2 way. The Ute -Xtreme trail is for utes only, but it's just a small area of the park.

I have not heard from AM Highlander for ages.

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »

Also, I don't know if anyone is bringing a UTE, but I just finished the UTE Xtreme course, it's over a mile long and runs will be timed.  It starts of going through a lake, up a canal (with a penalized bypass if you don't want to drive through the canal), tabletop style jumps, strategically placed tree trunks, cambered corners, lots of minor elevation changes, through an artificially (at the moment) watered swamp area, more tabletops, more cambered corners, through one of the mud drag strip lanes, then back through the other lane and then back to the parking area. It is awesome.

Just keeps getting better and better.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
YELLOW RR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:17 PM »

A little off topic but, does anyone know a place that rents RV's with the back door that drops down to hold the quads??

2007 LTR450
KB

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »

I don't know of any off hand, I'm in Tampa, the only thing that comes to mind is Bates RV in Plant City, to me these would be a hard thing to rent because people know your gonna go play w/it in the dirt, i could be wrong though, I remember when U-Haul rented out ATC's back in the early 80's LOL.

Maybe rent an RV and trailer the bikes up there, or maybe a big U haul, then you can camp out in the back of that, but you probably want some A/C.
YELLOW RR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »

Thanks for the reply KB. I guess i'll keep looking. You are right i want A/C!

2007 LTR450
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »

I don't know of any off hand, I'm in Tampa, the only thing that comes to mind is Bates RV in Plant City, to me these would be a hard thing to rent because people know your gonna go play w/it in the dirt, i could be wrong though, I remember when U-Haul rented out ATC's back in the early 80's LOL.

Maybe rent an RV and trailer the bikes up there, or maybe a big U haul, then you can camp out in the back of that, but you probably want some A/C.

Man I wish that I could go...

Hey KB did you get my PM I sent you?

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »

I am definately planning on being there and I have a little 1800 generator that I could rent out cheap ;-)

I'll be staying up the road at the hotel and could rent the shower out cheap as well ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
qt314nfla

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »

Sorry Ida I'm bringing my own hot shower.  I don't need any video tapes getting around of the shower scene in your hotel room. Wink

Who all is going? 
KB
Paul
QT
Ida
T2

-The florida atv crew...

I'll be bringing the jello shots and hootch juice for after the riding is over.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2007, 07:07:15 AM »

speaking of the hooch,,,,,hey Paul, is there Taxi service around there ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

I don't think so  Undecided

Bunch of people staying up at the motels though, so I am sure we can get you a ride.  Wink
KB

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2007, 07:53:11 AM »

Ya, I got it, I wish you could go to , but there will always be other times, & since you live so close, we could car pool up there sometime.
 A couple people will be getting to my house around 10:00-11:00, I'm in the Town & Country area ( Memorial & Hillsborough (where Tampa Rd.changes names to Hillsborough Ave).
I'll ask the others if we'll have time to meet up for Breakfast, theres a little Spanish place on Waters Ave. that has good breakfast for cheap, but I have a feeling were (I know I am) gonna be so excited, probably won't want to stop, but we'll see, I'll get back w/ you.
And just remember this winter we can always head up there when it's a lot cooler.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »

Everyone ready? I sure is. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »

Ya, I got it, I wish you could go to , but there will always be other times, & since you live so close, we could car pool up there sometime.
 A couple people will be getting to my house around 10:00-11:00, I'm in the Town & Country area ( Memorial & Hillsborough (where Tampa Rd.changes names to Hillsborough Ave).
I'll ask the others if we'll have time to meet up for Breakfast, theres a little Spanish place on Waters Ave. that has good breakfast for cheap, but I have a feeling were (I know I am) gonna be so excited, probably won't want to stop, but we'll see, I'll get back w/ you.
And just remember this winter we can always head up there when it's a lot cooler.

Sounds good to me KB. Just let me know. We could always meet up when you guys get back too.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Little redneck girl

I am a florida mudrider.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »

YEA,I WILL BE THERE.IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE OLD RIDING BUDDIES. :PCAN'T WAIT!!!SEE YA SATURDAY

650 CanAM
Little redneck girl

I am a florida mudrider.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

CAN I GET A NAME AND NUMBER OF THE HOTEL.SO I CAN GET RESERVATIONS.THANK YOU!!!!

650 CanAM
KB

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »

Another question for PaulS,

I know your bussy but I have some friends that might come up in there Diesel Pusher R.V., they stay at Yogi Bear a lot w/it & say you can ride around there, I know your place is close to Yogi Bear but would they be able to stay there & ride there quads to the MOTOPLEX ?
It would be my friend, his wife, & 2 sons.

Thanks, Kelly
Little redneck girl

I am a florida mudrider.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »

bump

650 CanAM
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:46 PM »

I know your bussy but I have some friends that might come up in there Diesel Pusher R.V., they stay at Yogi Bear a lot w/it & say you can ride around there, I know your place is close to Yogi Bear but would they be able to stay there & ride there quads to the MOTOPLEX ?

Thanks, Kelly

How close is it? May be worth it to ask Yogi Bear if they know the neighboring land owner and get permission to ride to the motoplex. I imagine that would bring big bucks to both places.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »

Yogi Bear campground is 5 miles away.

You can ride on dirt roads in Madison, not sure if there is a way to the plex from there though. I will look into it and keep you posted.

Motel Numbers:

Deerwood Inn Inc. & Madison Campground. I-10 at State Road 53, Exit 258 Madison, FL 32340 850-973-2504.

or

State Road 53, I-10 Exit 25b, Madison - (850) 973-3330

Both are 5 miles away at the intersection of 53 and I-10.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »

I'm ready boys. Anyone pudriders need a lift, i have room. Wink

singleshot

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »

Thanks, Kelly

How close is it? May be worth it to ask Yogi Bear if they know the neighboring land owner and get permission to ride to the motoplex. I imagine that would bring big bucks to both places.

I own property up there and have been staying at Yogi Bear since it opened and stayed at the Deerwood Inn campground before that.  There are a number of different land owners between the campground and the motoplex, including a couple of hunting leases.   It would be very difficult to be able to get permission to ride there.  Yogi Bear does have some nice trails on their property but they started charging additional money to ride. 

2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »

Paul,

Any word yet on 3-wheelers??

C'mon...I'm 'ol skool here!!!  Gotta allow an '85 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red out there!!!   Wink

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com