Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fee Structure/ Rules and Regulations- Ocala National Forest- revised 9/6/7  (Read 23963 times)
pinkfloyd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 06:47:07 AM »

I was at the Umitilla meeting and was told that 80% would go back to the forest for maintenance on the system, not necessarily for grooming of trails, it could be for facility maintanence, picninc tables, etc. So who has the correct answer, or should it be who is lying. That is also what is in the federal register
BradG47

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »

Hey Grizzly,

We rode the trails today (wow, it was hot!).  We parked at Lake Delancy Campground and noticed the sign about the new fee structure.   Since its a per operator fee, will they issue a card or a sticker? 

Basically, how will the forest service personnel know who has and has not paid?
Also, so you happen to know when will the new parking lot on Rt 19 be open?

Thanks,
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »

You can pay the fee at any visitor station, ranger station or at any trailhead.  At the trailhead there will be Iron Rangers, like at Lake Delancy.  Pay the fee and take the ticket with you.  Hopefully the trailhead t Hwy 19 and the one on FR 75 will open within 2 weeks.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 08:46:57 AM »

I won't be dropping a penny for that dumb permit. as a matter of fact, i hope the trail tenders pick up my empty cans as that will be all they will be getting from me that is worth anything. unreal. what is next? probably have to pay for a guide to ride those lame trails next year. what a joke.   Evil

I don't live up there dude! And i was joking about leaving my empties there. I am not a litterer!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »

Terry, Stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway...The 7 day and 3 day passes do they run concurrently or possibly are they like a Disney pass and you get stamped each time you use them until you reach your limit? Either way I know some here think its a bit pricey, but I don't personally think its that bad at all...someone like me and my family (with three quads x $10.00 = $30.00) a visit is not that bad considering and I'll probably only make it down there about 3 - 4 times a year...at least we have the option of not buying a yearly pass like croom and not getting our moneys worth!!
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »

It is 3 days or 7 days in a row.  However, for a weekend, if it is 2 adults and 2 under 16 the fee is $30.00

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
12secTA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

Will you still be able to pay to day park and ride out from at Big Scrub campground?  The link posted states:

"Starting in October, 2007 the forest will be transitioning away from allowing day use parking, for the purpose of OHV riding, out of Delancy and Big Scrub.  Only campers will be allowed to use these areas.  Since we now have trailheads open, the forest will be directing all day use to park at the trailheads."

It's nice to set up camp at Big Scrub for lunch and the restrooms are a plus for the wife.

'04 KFX 400
'06 Recon
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »

Until they get trailheads in Phase II, yes you will.  Once new trailheads are built, then you won't.  They would like you to park under the power lines in the designated areas now.  They are having problems with day users using the best camping spots.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »

Until they get trailheads in Phase II, yes you will.  Once new trailheads are built, then you won't.  They would like you to park under the power lines in the designated areas now.  They are having problems with day users using the best camping spots.

I can understand that Terry. Now that it's getting cooler we're planning on coming down. I guess I'll stop and get my daughter and me legaled up. I truly hope the trails we're keeping are groomed. I still think it sucks that other states are TRYING to open places to ride but FL seems to always want to close trails. I wish somebody like Durhamtown would open a place and the USFS could take the chincy areas we have left and they could shove it up their a$$eS.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Yamahonda41

Born to ride!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »

I started a thread about hunting vs. riding on the numbered trails in winter but no one responded.  Now that we have given up so much
riding area it seems that we should be able to ride on the numbered trails without fear of being harassed by hunters.  The trails are only about 1/4 of ONF leaving 3/4 for hunting.

Is there anything official or unofficial? 

2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe
pinkfloyd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »

Currently no fees are in effect for the Phase II (central portion) of the forest. Pending a decision, trails will be designated and fees will apply.

It sounds like they will want more money out of your pocket when phase II is complete?
Tecatematt

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »

That fee is bullS***!!!!  Angry  First off the riding there isnt that good.  2nd they are like closing every thing off Wtf, and on top of that now we have to pay to ride the the woops!  They will never see a dang dime out of me and my family!!!!! Evil

http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/

85 Tecate (working on it!)
86 350x (restoring)
86 Tri-z rolling chassis
ar963

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »

They are getting exactly what they want !  Less ATV users through financial pressure and limiting riding areas.  They did it at Big Cypress years ago and it worked.  I hardly ever go now and I have a place in Hog Valley.
alafiaoutlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »

EFFECTIVE    1 OCTOBER, 2007

This is the offical Ocala National Forest website with the fees and rules

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recreation/ocala_ohv.shtml
Ok, Now some of the local businesses are seeing the effects from the fees and less people wanting to come and visit the area now. The fees are making the local businesses lose money.

2003 PREDATOR 500
2001 SCRAMBLER 500
2004 TRAILBOSS 330
2000 LT 250
alafiaoutlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 03:44:01 PM »

Local businesses are losing money because of less visiters willing to pay the fees. They are hurting our communitee. Less visiters = Less money

2003 PREDATOR 500
2001 SCRAMBLER 500
2004 TRAILBOSS 330
2000 LT 250
KENDO

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »

They are having problems with day users using the best camping spots.

Been there 3 times now,have not seen a camper yet that was not there to go 4 wheeling.I did see one guy living out of the back of his car...
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 04:45:12 PM »

I am receiving an email from a ranger in Ocala stating that you do not have to pay the $75.00 fee for riding while riding @ Big Scrub.  Who knows if this is really true?

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com