Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Utility with 33" Tires  (Read 9056 times)
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »

I want something like a 350 rancher, i think they make an ES model that is automatic trans. I dont care if its 2wd or 4wd. I know it wont be fast and probably not able to spin 33's but i just want the ground clearance so i dont get wet, and i can make my own lift if i need to. I just want a bike that I can cruise around on with fenders that block all water, so ill get some skinny tires so they are well withen the fenders. The lift doesnt have to be huge, the tires can be stuffed. I just want to be able to drive around and sit up real high, i dont go through any deep mud where it would bog down, im sure it will have the power to go through a little water in low gear.

so what would be a good bike to choose for this project? im thinking the rancher 350 ES because the motor is a decent size and its automatic. possibly something different? please remember i know its not gunna accelerate good, i have a sport quad for going fast. as long as it doesnt bog down to the point where i cant even move, deepest stuff ill be going through is 1' of water with hard bottom, no sticky mud. this is for cruising wet trails and places like mudfest.

let me hear your thoughts, thanks
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »

I think it be better to get a truck or a Jeep for that. If thats all you wanna do is cruise i would say get a ford ranger or a old Tacoma be about the same price as a ATV. you would just need a bigger trailer to get it out there.  that is what i would do let me no what you think.

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:37:05 PM »

i thought about that, but i want an atv so i can jump on and off, lot smaller and easier to work on, less things to go wrong. plus i think it will look neat, smaller investment, dont need to register, insure, atv will fit down any trail, dont need a different trailer, etc

thank you for your opinion though
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »

Not a problem, a truck like that you would not have to register it. you will see my ford ranger out there soon, It is 2wd now it is on 33 but it will soon be on 38 or 40 i am making it just to cruise around the mudhole at candr, l cross, mudfest or where ever i go for that matter.

2008 brute force 750

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »

I have a 95 Blazer S-10 4x4 with A/C automatic with new 30inch Swampers..2700.00

Matt is correct... the Rancher will barly fit 25's stock and almost not enough power to turn a heavy tire.

a 33 inch tire is 8 inches taller 4 on top and 4 on bottom you would have to fashion       a four inch lift                                                                                                                                                                                                                             lift to even fit them and then you will have the lack of power issue.....kill this plan before you wast allot of $$$$$$$.

JMHO
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »

i just think an atv is going to be all arond cheaper and easier for my purposes
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »

I have a 95 Blazer S-10 4x4 with A/C automatic with new 30inch Swampers..2700.00

Matt is correct... the Rancher will barly fit 25's stock and almost not enough power to turn a heavy tire.

a 33 inch tire is 8 inches taller 4 on top and 4 on bottom you would have to fashion       a four inch lift                                                                                                                                                                                                                             lift to even fit them and then you will have the lack of power issue.....kill this plan before you wast allot of $$$$$$$.

JMHO

no thanks on the blazer

i know i wont have any power. but as long as i can sit on it in flat level grass, dirt, whatever, and squeeze the throttle and it start moving foward with 33's then thats all the power i need. fabbing up the lift is no problem. does the rancher have low gear? i hear that honda trx300's are legendary, and theres some kit to reduce the gear ratio, what about one of those?
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 10:49:48 PM »

you can get a truck for $1500 spend no more than $3000 getting ready if you do the work your self and you got a sick mudfest machince to get all the girls

2008 brute force 750

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »

JMHO

no thanks on the blazer

i know i wont have any power. but as long as i can sit on it in flat level grass, dirt, whatever, and squeeze the throttle and it start moving foward with 33's then thats all the power i need. fabbing up the lift is no problem. does the rancher have low gear? i hear that honda trx300's are legendary, and theres some kit to reduce the gear ratio, what about one of those?

The Rancher does not have low range... How about a lawn mower with low range?
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »

it might evan be better to get a gas powerd golf cart i seen one on 30 inch boggers the thing was sick

2008 brute force 750

#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 11:03:20 PM »

it might evan be better to get a gas powerd golf cart i seen one on 30 inch boggers the thing was sick

that might be a good idea, defiantly easier to keep dry in one. but i wonder how much lift ill need to clear a 30"+ tire, stock size on golf carts is 18-20"
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »

gas carts have open cvts, not great for mud i would think, mine slips when i hit a big puddle

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »

gas carts have open cvts, not great for mud i would think, mine slips when i hit a big puddle

yeah, my buddy has a stock cart and it slips when it gets wet
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 11:31:07 PM »

Maybe look for like a Arctic Cat 400 or 500 auto. IRS for an easy high lift and it will turn the 33s but not great in the mud but will turn when just crusing. What kind of 33s are you looking at? Maybe even the 30" mudlite XXls on a 14" chrome rim? They look sweet on lifted quads.

Ohh on the old Honda 300s.......man them things are SWEET I want one to build up like this one. http://www.highlifter.com/forum/MY_300_WITH_THE_20gc/m_2124922/tm.htm

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 11:44:09 PM »

that thing is sick, bout how much would it cost to build that minus the price of the bike?
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 11:50:45 PM »

that thing is sick, bout how much would it cost to build that minus the price of the bike?

alot of time and money. alot more than the old toyota trucks.  Wink
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 09:54:54 PM »

ok take it from me. you wanna do custom work it means  2 things, time and alot of it and also money and alot of it.  for what you want it be better just to save $10,000 and buy a rhino or something lke that do the 9 inch highlifter lift for like $3,500 and make some rims and tires fit or get the new outlaws i think they come in 31 or 32 inch now. if what i said dont do what you want or like buy and old truck and do the work to that you will have alot more fun and save a lil money doing it and in the long run it be good for 2 things drink alot of beer out of it and also get a whole latta girls out at l-cross in it. that is what i would say to do i will be glad to help u in this project if u want i got alot of no how in bulding and working on custom cars and trucks

2008 brute force 750

Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:36 PM »

alot of time and money. alot more than the old toyota trucks.  Wink

Most of the time you can get the bikes from 1500-2000 then add 2500-3000 for a custom lift. ends up about 5-6 grand and unstopable

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com