Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KIDS SECTION IN RESTAURANTS???  (Read 59395 times)
KB

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 08:53:06 AM »

I was at Sonny's here in St. Pete a month ago with my dad and we had to sit next to a screaming kid the whole time. Nobody in the resturant could have a decent conversation. The parents did nothing!!!! Angry

OMG was there (TYRONE BLVD) why do ppl who can't handle them always have a litterHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Now that is funny AND true.

LOL, When theres somebody like that I'll try to be louder & try to annoy them (turn it around on them), like pretend your on your phone talking real loud & say somethin like "what do you mean you have crab's, is it contagious" then get up & sneeze at there table or somethin on your way to the bathroom.
Or times like that is when you had one of those little fart machines.

You gotta just get funny like that, act retarded or somethin, start throwin food or some peanuts at who your sitting with, maybe it'll land on them or there table, make them want to leave.

A funny thing I remember is when I was in High School (91) I took a girl to FUN-LAN drive-in & the couple next to us started arguing in there car, we were in my truck, the girl & guy sittin next to us started goin at it she kept sayin "I want some pop-corn" after a while he said "shut-up, I done paid to get yo azz in here" she said "take me home den, take me to my momma house" he said "shut-up", they kept on for a few minutes then started there car up & left, they were funnier than the movie.

KB

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

really?i thought the point of wallmart was to go at 4am and spray tire shine on the floors and slide around in your socks Shocked  Wink

lol gotta try that.ITs funny how the workers dont get mad they laugh

i dont know what wally world you went to but they sure were ticked!!haha it was really fun..my brother tackled a bicycle accidently lol

You gotta go to the Super Wal-Mart in Lakeland, you'll see some funny stuff, take your camera.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »

It's a bar you moron.  If you don't want me talking like that in an adult atmosphere then don't bring your kids there.  I wouldn't go to chuck e. cheese or any other child oriented place and speak that way.  Besides isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  I know the type of language that is used around children in different circles.

LOL Classy... Roll Eyes

yeah this coming from a guy that thinks everyone around should change b/c he was dumb enough to take his kids into a situation that was inappropriate for them.  who's the one lacking in class?  think again sunshine.  i don't do things around children that are inappropriate.  no need to... ppl like yourselves do it anyway.

QT I have never taken a Child into a Bar. If you do not know the difference between a Hooters type bar and an Irish Pub kinda place you need to get out more. If you went into an Alehouse ( tables and waitresses serving food to Families and people like you)   and sat at the Bar and began cussing like some degenerate....I think you are wrong.

If some fool brought a Child into a "BAR" BAR ...and tried to have a drink while the child ran amuck ..THEY would be wrong.

Do me a Favor QT just when you start to formulate a thought concerning Me as a Person or how I do things....STOP you have no Idea little girl...stick to the debate and keep your half cocked theories of how I parent to yourself.....YOU DIG?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:30:13 PM by Moose » Logged

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2007, 09:51:25 AM »

I think someone should invent little kid carriers like they have for pets when you fly.

Yeah...that's what they should do.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »

I leave mine in the car. If its TOO hot i CRACK THE WINDOWS

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:26 AM »

Buy one of those solar fans that keeps it cool. only $20 and you will never have to worry about how hot it gets. cheap price for a babysitter.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2007, 10:20:40 AM »

Buy one of those solar fans that keeps it cool. only $20 and you will never have to worry about how hot it gets. cheap price for a babysitter.

6 pack and a pack of Smokes is the best Baby sitter... Wink

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2007, 10:21:52 AM »

I think someone should invent little kid carriers like they have for pets when you fly.

Yeah...that's what they should do.

Why don't they just put one big jail in a back room to throw the kids in and you can feed them like they are wild animals...I take responsibility for my kids and what they do, if they start acting up in walmart or any other store for that matter, I will walk out full cart or not... It's easier for the people who "Work" there to put the stuff back than to have people look at you like you are an unfit parent. most the time we make it to the parking lot and they mysteriously straiten up...lol j/k.....maybe Smiley

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »

Do me a Favor QT just when you start to formulate a though concerning Me as a Person or how I do things....STOP you have no Idea little girl...stick to the debate and keep your half cocked theories of how I parent to yourself.....YOU DIG?

i can't see how ANYONE could make that mistake.

j/k Joe, you know yer my favorite mudslut. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
East Coast Dirty Girls

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

i have no problem, giving them a swift smack on the backside in front of anyone, hell i figure that they are going to look at you for them acting up or you smacking them,,,,might as well be one that gets the kid to stop!  I have a 5yr boy and a 14yr old boy.  After a time all you have to do is give the look......generally that does it!   Angry

Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 12:21:40 PM »

Do me a Favor QT just when you start to formulate a though concerning Me as a Person or how I do things....STOP you have no Idea little girl...stick to the debate and keep your half cocked theories of how I parent to yourself.....YOU DIG?

Stop hitting on me

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 11:50:23 AM »

I know this has already probably been said, but it all depends on the parents.  My wife and I have one child who is almost 2.  She is very well behaved.  Granted we don't take her out late at night to the bars, but a dinner at chilis or applebees is not a problem.  My daughter is my pride and joy.  As long as we don't act like your typical scumbag family, which we don't, and let your kids run wild and scream, why should all families be punished for this.  For those of you who portay yourselves like morons here that have no kids, hopefully one day when you do, you will understand once you are a responsible parent.  The parents are the influnce and the teachers.  I agree with all of you that have had the experience at restaurants with kids being out of control and making your time there a living hell.  I have seen it.  Once again, screw those scumbag parents, not us all.

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:17 AM »

Stop hitting on me

Yer such a sexy bastad with that zuki samurai I couldn't help it. 

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Anoriginal

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:19 AM »

You know, you really need to think of the class of restaurant you're in when faced with a screaming demon child. Chili's, Olive Garden, Sonny's, etc... What do you expect? They're not Zagat rated eateries and more on the level of a Walmart. If you're paying less than $30.00 a plate you can't really complain.

Heck, when I go to those types of places I take off my underwear, put them on my head, run around with a fork and scream at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I even throw salt and pepper shakers for kicks and pee on the floor.

I will say this. When aced with kids acting in this manner I usually turn and face the parents and start belching really loud in their direction. Sometimes I even stare at them and chew my food with my mouth open, talk really loud and laugh obnoxiously. It usually results in them controlling their brood.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2007, 09:15:37 AM »

I will say this. When aced with kids acting in this manner I usually turn and face the parents and start belching really loud in their direction. Sometimes I even stare at them and chew my food with my mouth open, talk really loud and laugh obnoxiously. It usually results in them controlling their brood.

I've heard you do this even without kids present.

Anoriginal

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »

I've heard you do this even without kids present.

Have you been talking to QT again? She wasn't supposed to say anything. Hey, I wear a bib....most of the time.
KB

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 09:49:09 AM »

You know, you really need to think of the class of restaurant you're in when faced with a screaming demon child. Chili's, Olive Garden, Sonny's, etc... What do you expect? They're not Zagat rated eateries and more on the level of a Walmart. If you're paying less than $30.00 a plate you can't really complain.

Heck, when I go to those types of places I take off my underwear, put them on my head, run around with a fork and scream at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I even throw salt and pepper shakers for kicks and pee on the floor.

LMAO, thats funny.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 10:35:38 AM »

1st I have to say, don't say anything unless you have kids.  I can clearly remember my pre-k days (you know prior to kids), I would see some kid and well, my kid would never, yea right!!!

Honeslty though it is all about diversion and keeping them occupied.  Bring stuff they like, and also if you there for a while or dinner is taking a while, take the kid for a walk or something.  Toddlers have very little attention span, it ain't going to take long and they are bored.  But so many parents just sit there ignore there kids, so yea, the little tike goes off. 

The thing that always gotten me, is the Catholic Church.  The Catholic Church says you must bring your baby to Church.  Now anyone can tell you can't keep a toddler content for one hour doing absolutely nothing, and stay absolutely quiet.  I hear of so many other Churches, they actually do specific activitied for specific age groups.  This not only keeps the entire Church quite, but more importantly it actually draws the child into learning more about God.  The Catholic Church needs to really get with that. 

Well, there's my 2cents....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
qt314nfla

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »

QT I have never taken a Child into a Bar. If you do not know the difference between a Hooters type bar and an Irish Pub kinda place you need to get out more. If you went into an Alehouse ( tables and waitresses serving food to Families and people like you)   and sat at the Bar and began cussing like some degenerate....I think you are wrong.
Well I wasn't gonna rehash this thread but since it's back up.

Joe, you said it yourself.  Do you take kids into a hooters type bar? Well that's still a bar.  Hooters is not a family establishment.  I don't know if you do take your family there, but if you do I find it rude of you to take your wife and daughter to a restaurant so you can look at boobs.  We all know their food isn't the best and several other places sell beer and wings that are better and more apropriate.  

I have never sat at any bar cussing like a degenerate.  In fact, when I have slipped up and cussed in front of a child I try to correct it then apologize to the child for my mistake.

Do me a Favor QT just when you start to formulate a thought concerning Me as a Person or how I do things....STOP you have no Idea little girl...stick to the debate and keep your half cocked theories of how I parent to yourself.....YOU DIG?

Sunshine your the pot calling the kettle black.  Before you run off w/ your half cocked ideas about me I suggest you consider ignoring what you brood has made up on their opinon of me.  Sit back have a beer w/ me and realize that you as well have NO clue who I am or what kind of person I am.  Be an individual, think for yourself, and formulate your own decision about who I am or am not.  I could atleast respect that.

I came on here w/ a comment about some things I've seen.  Not necessarily what I've done.  YOU assumed, w/o knowing me, that I would do these things.  We know what assuming makes out of us.  Then you opted to accuse or criticize me for things I have not done.  I was not the one who started battle w/ you.  And this is not the first time you've attacked my integrity w/o knowing me.  So before you run off w/ your diarhea of the mouth about someone you don't know.  I suggest you take a moment to get to know the person.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:50:28 AM by QT314 » Logged
qt314nfla

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »

1st I have to say, don't say anything unless you have kids.  I can clearly remember my pre-k days (you know prior to kids), I would see some kid and well, my kid would never, yea right!!!

For those that aren't aware.  I was a parent for 3 yrs to my x's children.  I loved them dearly and very much like kids.  I just chose to not have any of my own.

Chero- I understand where you are coming from but this was a discussion on if ppl think a separate area would be a good idea for those w/ and w/o kids in restaurants.  I'm not gonna get into the not my kid theory cause it doesn't get anyone anywhere.  Every child makes mistakes so does every adult.  It's life and we are not perfect. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:54:38 AM by QT314 » Logged
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »

It's a bar you moron.  If you don't want me talking like that in an adult atmosphere then don't bring your kids there.  I wouldn't go to chuck e. cheese or any other child oriented place and speak that way.  Besides isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  I know the type of language that is used around children in different circles.

LOL Classy... Roll Eyes

yeah this coming from a guy that thinks everyone around should change b/c he was dumb enough to take his kids into a situation that was inappropriate for them.  who's the one lacking in class?  think again sunshine.  i don't do things around children that are inappropriate.  no need to... ppl like yourselves do it anyway.

Re- read your 2 comments above.......Maybe that will refresh your memory. Do you always have to throw yourself on the floor as the victim? Have a normal debate with out being so HARSHLY Opinionated. Stop for 5 seconds and realized YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING...

I have never been in a Hooters
I am gonna ignore the comment about "If I take my wife and daughter into a hooters it is rude"...You just do not know any better. Roll Eyes

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »

Having a kid section in a restaurant is a direct reflection of parenting.  Cause sorry in the day I was kid, you acted up in the restaurant, well then you took that long walk to the restroom.  (Which now makes me laugh)...  I remember when I was kid, I must been acting up, well of course not me, well anyway my mom took me to the bathroom and she must of beat my butt.  From that day on, my mom would ask me, "Rebecca you got to go to the bathroom, and not matter what, I was like no mommy"....  reardless if I was in trouble or not.  I could remember having to go to the bathroom so bad, but hell na, it could wait....too fuuny...

But anyway, yes it does reflect on parenting skills, directly.  

As for Hooters, I don't see that as a bar, and I am not offended.  Hell, now-adays it's a good thing your boy is looking at chicks.... Going down to the corner bar, yea, that's wrong, but heck we go to Wings over here Oakland Park, and no the women don't exactly dress like Hooter chicks, but it's about the same.  As for the use of language, I am with you, and not that I don't slip.  But heck, my kid hears more bad words in the woods, than he ever does in any setting.  But like I tell him, just bcz you hear it, don't give you the right to say it.  

I guess I am up to 4 cents....LOL

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »

Honeslty though it is all about diversion and keeping them occupied.  Bring stuff they like, and also if you there for a while or dinner is taking a while, take the kid for a walk or something.  Toddlers have very little attention span, it ain't going to take long and they are bored.  But so many pare
nts just sit there ignore there kids, so yea, the little tike goes off. 

You have to remember, quite a few parents in this world never should have be in the first place. The same ones you see with kids going bonkers, bouncing off everything and everyone are the same type that would buy their child a big quad and send them off with no supervision to get hurt or killed.

Joe, you said it yourself.  Do you take kids into a hooters type bar? Well that's still a bar.  Hooters is not a family establishment.  I don't know if you do take your family there, but if you do I find it rude of you to take your wife and daughter to a restaurant so you can look at boobs.  We all know their food isn't the best and several other places sell beer and wings that are better and more apropriate.  

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with QT on this one. I would never take my daughter in a Hooters. I would also be very disappointed if she ever finds the need to go work there either. Hopefully I will have taught her to respect herself a bit more than that when it comes time.
You are also right, the wings suck.

As for Hooters, I don't see that as a bar, and I am not offended.  Hell, now-adays it's a good thing your boy is looking at chicks....

LMFAO, you've been in Broward WAYYYYYYY to long. Hahahah, thanks for the laugh.

qt314nfla

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »

LOL Classy... Roll Eyes

Re- read your 2 comments above.......Maybe that will refresh your memory. Do you always have to throw yourself on the floor as the victim? Have a normal debate with out being so HARSHLY Opinionated. Stop for 5 seconds and realized YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING...

I have never been in a Hooters
I am gonna ignore the comment about "If I take my wife and daughter into a hooters it is rude"...You just do not know any better. Roll Eyes

I see that I've gotten your goat.  That's funny.  Nothing like posing a situation to get a rise out of you.  I have never, nor would I ever act like that.  But then you don't know me. 

I respect you for not taking your wife and daughter to a hooters.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2007, 11:31:37 AM »

Yea Jack you're right, so true, so true.  Been in Broward WAAAYYY too long. 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com