Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital camera's?  (Read 7065 times)
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »

Whats up everyone,

I'm in the market for a new digital camera. I had been using my canon SD450 and it was a really good camera but it wasnt meant for riding and all the other stuff i do so i need one that can handle the outdoors better. I was looking at an Olympus 770sw 7.1megapixel 3x zoom that is shockproof (5ft), waterproof (33ft), crushproof (220lbs), and a bunch of other stuff. But a lot of the reviews say its really only good if you do a lot of water shots. Even then they say the picture quality isnt that great. A lot of people said their digital cameras that they got with 3-5 megapixels take better pictures than this one does. So does anyone know a camera that can take great pictures, some abuse, and has high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds?  I'd be willing to pay up to $400 but only if the camera meets the my standards. I'm going to continue searching, but i figured we have a few photographers on here so why not ask!

Thanks for any help!

Kyle

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »

Sony 10.1 cyber shot.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »

Nikon D72

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »

dont get a sony then. my sister has one and it has been good and takes great pics but the motion picture setting broke and it cant take much abuse. she went running across the tri-oval at the daytona sx and the battery "cap" or whatever holds the batteries in broke off. just from being bounced around.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »

We have 4 Sonys and two Sony cam corders and we have had no issues with them.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:28:22 AM »

We have 4 Sonys and two Sony cam corders and we have had no issues with them.

our sony camcorder is great. just that one camera  Undecided. everything else that weve had sony was great too.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »

Canon rebel 6.1 meg 5 yrs old still going strong!!! Grin
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 11:06:41 AM »

Nikon D72

I am currently using the fuji E550 it takes great pictures, as a little shutter delay
I am looking to replace mine with the  nikkon D40 or D72 just for the shuttle delay
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »

Sony 10.1 cyber shot.

I have the 7.2 Cybershot and its awesome.  I love the battery on it also, lasts a really long time.  Other Digitals Ive had were AA-operated, this has a lithium ion.  Sony = awesome.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »

so sony seems like the way to go? I've only ever had canons and love them, but you get dirt in them and your done. You think the sony's would hang with bouncing around in a camelback?

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »

so sony seems like the way to go? I've only ever had canons and love them, but you get dirt in them and your done. You think the sony's would hang with bouncing around in a camelback?

Buy a case Tongue.  I love my Cybershot, takes great video also.  I have a 500MB card and it can take up to 22:xx minutes of film in really good quality.  I also got it on sale for 199.99 I think which was around February sometime at CircuitCity.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »

weve taken my moms kodak digital camera on rides but they ride slow. we wrap it in a towel and put it in a small compartment so that it fits tight and it has done good.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »

Mine have survived my wife...lol... Yea I take them on my King Quad in the front storage unit but I wrap them in a towel or stick them in a glove...works great.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 11:10:56 PM »

I have a Sony Cyber shot 5.1 Mega Pixel and it is great. I also have the sports pack with it too. The sports pack is a water proof, shock proof case that I put my camera in when I got out on my atv!

My Dad has a nice Nikon D50 SLR Camera. Really nice!

Sony's are great!!!!

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »

I have a bunch of Canons and they are indestructible. My A-75 , A-85, and S2 IS have all been to the deepest swamps and back.

As a matter of fact I had the S2IS in my hand running video when I did this:

..and it landed about seventy five feet away. I picked it up and shot the picture.

The A85 was in my hand when I did a drifting trick gone wrong into the hole all sideways, it went to the bottom. I wiped it off and shot the picture.

I also lost the A-85 at River Ranch once, and when I found the wrist strap sticking out of the sand an hour later it had been run over by a buggy and is still kicking today. Wink

All in all, I say get a Canon. The A530 can be had for $120 sometimes and is just as tough.
The S2is has 12x zoom and takes pictures as good as my Rebel which is too delicate for riding IMO.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:11:35 PM by JackL » Logged

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »

I have a bunch of Canons and they are indestructible. My A-75 , A-85, and S2 IS have all been to the deepest swamps and back.

..and it landed about seventy five feet away. I picked it up and shot the picture.

The A85 was in my hand when I did a drifting trick gone wrong into the hole all sideways, it went to the bottom. I wiped it off and shot the picture.

I also lost the A-85 at River Ranch once, and when I found the wrist strap sticking out of the sand an hour later it had been run over by a buggy and is still kicking today. Wink

All in all, I say get a Canon. The A530 can be had for $120 sometimes and is just as tough.
The S2is has 12x zoom and takes pictures as good as my Rebel which is too delicate for riding IMO.

Wow! crazy pics man!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:02:55 PM by Moose » Logged

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »

I had the LCD break on my cybershot P70 just being in the drybox on my Vinson. What Canon did you have problems with? The A-85 made funny noises zooming for a while after it got run over in the sand, but that cleared up after a while.

Wow! crazy pics man!

Thanks. I have a bunch more that look way better, but I can't post em because of riders without helmets. I just wanted to show what a Canon can take and keep ticking. The quality of those is some of the worst I have also, I guess because I was traumatised. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
KB

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:22 PM »

I think the next camera I get will be a Canon, I'm sold.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »

I think the next camera I get will be a Canon, I'm sold.

I got the A-85 from ebay for $45. That is a cheap way to try them out. I recently got another a-75 with the underwater housing for $110 there on ebay also. You can look at the pics here:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/keys72007/

Those are even cheaper and take great pics. Wink
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:20:44 PM by JackL » Logged

Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »

I got my daughter an older Olympus Stylus 410 when they first came out, still works great and you can take pics in the rain.

If I were in the market now, I would go with one of the newer ones for sure.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »

if you want a big one, i think th canon xti is the best for the money....  if you want small, id go with any of the Canon digital elph line.  i have had a 3 meg sd100 for a long time and it took years of riding and boating abuse.  if you want one for riding and outdoors stuff , you can probably pick up a used canon elph that will work perfect  from craigslist cheap enuff not to worry too much about it on the bike.

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

if you want a big one, i think th canon xti is the best for the money....  if you want small, id go with any of the Canon digital elph line.  i have had a 3 meg sd100 for a long time and it took years of riding and boating abuse.  if you want one for riding and outdoors stuff , you can probably pick up a used canon elph that will work perfect  from craigslist cheap enuff not to worry too much about it on the bike.

Those elphs are great, but so small I can't hold them right riding. I like the S3IS over an XTI based on the price of lenses alone and the fact it will never survive hard riding.

I got my daughter an older Olympus Stylus 410 when they first came out, still works great and you can take pics in the rain.

Those are cool, but they all suffer from water drops and muck on the lens....

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »

And a BUSH LIGHT in the other...lol sweet pics, just put new Mud Bugs on my daughters Eiger.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:07 AM »

And a BUSH LIGHT in the other...lol sweet pics, just put new Mud Bugs on my daughters Eiger.

Thanks! Haha, I don't drink that crap. Wink Bud light for me. You can see my toilet flange drink holder on the back holding a dew that day though, it was like 9:00am....

Tell her doughnuts and mud tires are generally a bad idea. Wink

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

Thanks! Haha, I don't drink that crap. Wink Bud light for me. You can see my toilet flange drink holder on
the back holding a dew that day though, it was like 9:00am....

Tell her doughnuts and mud tires are generally a bad idea. Wink

whatever. that aint no green can.  Wink

yea, i agree with the donuts thing too.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 02:35:07 PM »

whatever. that aint no green can.  Wink

yea, i agree with the donuts thing too.

Well to be honest, I don't really remember, but it was too early to be drinking for me...and I was wearing a helmet. I promise. Wink

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com