Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thinking of getting rid of sport bike...  (Read 3567 times)
hwy raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »

I currently ride an 03 Raptor 660. I really love everything about this bike. BUT ... I have come to the conclusion that there are not many places to ride the sport bikes anymore in S. Fl. It almost seems like all the riding areas are for the 4x4's. Ive always been into the sport bikes but this reality is making look into the UTE's. What do you guys think about this ? I dont know much about the 4x4's except for that a buddy  of mine has a Kawi Brute Force and that thing is the fastest 4x4 ive ever seen. (stock) If I was to change over, i would have to have something that moves good. Any other recommendations ?
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 12:26:27 AM »

the can-am 800 is fast.
xr100racer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:59:33 AM »

the can-am 800 is fast.

hell yeah it is. i raced 3 of them last week on dirt, grass, and pavment with my built raptor and we were even till i hit 4th on dirt and grass and then i was gone but untill then they pull real hard. but on pavment its no race, they have a huge advantage on dirt with the 4x4. and its fun as hell pulling wheelies on a big utility

if they didnt cost 10k i would buy one, way too much money for a 4 wheeler imo
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »

Why dont you get a renegade?there 4x4,fast,and its still a sport bike
hwy raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »

wow, 10 k i also think thats alot of money for a quad. im gonna look at the renegade and every other model out there. Ive always had either Yamaha or Honda  Ive never been a big fan of Kawasaki. But I know that they have stepped it up the last few years with all their powersports quipment.
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »

wow, 10 k i also think thats alot of money for a quad. im gonna look at the renegade and every other model out there. Ive always had either Yamaha or Honda  Ive never been a big fan of Kawasaki. But I know that they have stepped it up the last few years with all their powersports quipment.

Get a new Arctic Cat Thunder Cat 1000.

Costly but oh well. They are going to be beasts especially on 8 31" outlaws Grin Cool

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:41:39 PM »

Just do what I'm going to do...

Keep the 2wd, and buy a used 4x4.

Take the trip up to croom or even C&R (when it's dry) and you'll love having a sport. 

You can always buy a trailer big enough for the two bikes (what I'm doing) and take both up to L-cross, ride the 4x4 in the mud pit and the 2wd keep for getting around and partying or just messing around in the sand/dirt on. 

In the long run, I think it's better to do it that way...you'll get raped selling your bike and you'll probably get just as raped buying one brand new around here (stealerships).

If your getting tired of 2wd, just go to holeylands, go all the way out past 1st pumphouse and ride those trails and relax.  You'll get lost out there, theres a lot of trails that are on high land.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »

On the used 4x4. You could look for a nice 90-2000 honda 300 4x4 do a gear reduction, and probably send it to a custom place and have it turned into a IRS and have a 10" lift put on it for possibly about 5-6k total. It won't have the wheel popping 70+ mph like the new 800+s but it will turn 30s and go every where all the other big 4x4s will go. If you drown it, change the oil and your good to go. I love those old 300s

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
hwy raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »

If your getting tired of 2wd, just go to holeylands, go all the way out past 1st pumphouse and ride those trails and relax.  You'll get lost out there, theres a lot of trails that are on high land.

are you saying that there are trails at Holey lands for the 2wd. i was out there when it opened up a few weeks ago but i never saw any trails for the sport bikes, how can i get there ?

as far as the 4x4's , im still thinking about my options. i defitnately dont plan on getting raped buying a new bike. you can always pick up a used bike and not get hit with all the fees
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »

Onther cross over quad is a wolverine, 450cc and 4x4, keeps the sport bike appeal
KB

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »

Hwyraptor, I'm thinking about getting a 4x4 ute also, seems like us sport riders get a ot of flack 'cause were so loud or too fast or whatever, maybe it's just me but it seems like the Ute riders don't get as many dirty look's, especially in the Forest's.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

are you saying that there are trails at Holey lands for the 2wd. i was out there when it opened up a few weeks ago but i never saw any trails for the sport bikes, how can i get there ?

as far as the 4x4's , im still thinking about my options. i defitnately dont plan on getting raped buying a new bike. you can always pick up a used bike and not get hit with all the fees

Yes, there are trails for 2wd's.  It's quite wet right now, but it's over towards rottenburger.  it's all paved, but if you like the sights and stuff it's decent.  It's definetly not like anything like the trail ride at l-cross for the rally or anything, but you can pound your own stuff...it's a bit wet right now, give it another month or so.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com