Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bluetooth on laptop?  (Read 1843 times)
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »

okay, i have a dell inspiron 9300 and one of the little light has a bluetooth symbol, i have had the computer for a while but never decided to play with it and i don't see anything on or in the main files and i dont see anything for it, any help would be awesome guys, it's just a feature i've wanted to play with and all the books on the comp are up in the attic and i figure someone might know my anwser

thanks

josh

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:30 PM »

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R112482&SystemID=INSPIRON%209300&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7388&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=147257

that is the driver page for the bluetooth,,,,,funny thing but sometimes manufacturers will hide the bluetooth functionality of their laptop,,,,I didn't even know that my tablet pc had bluetooth till I had a hard drive crash a couple weeks ago and had to re-install everything after three years of having it.

I would suggest downloading the program and running it, it may unlock that functionality and VIOLA there's your bluetooth.

I know I can connect to my cell phone now,,,,,but I can't transfer files yet so it's of no use to me.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Bounty1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:59:33 AM »

If you buy bluetooth equipment like a printer or mouse that is wireless--You are ready to go--Mine works great.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 01:53:35 AM »

you most likely dont have the bluetooth card in it. to check look at the battery and you will see a little cover inbetween the battery and the outside of the computer. take out the battery, screw and that cover. if you see nothing you dont have it, if you see a wire/plug you have the harness but not the card. if you have a card connected to the harness you have bluetooth. I did not order bluetooth with mine, but added the card later. it caused problems with the wirless internet of the computer so I took it out. let me know if you want to try it in your and I will look for the little card and send it to you.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »

thanks guys, i'm not sure if my dad ordered it with bluetooth, but i'll check n that later big scrub an let you know, an Ida i'll look into that download as it's an hour and 5 minutes dowload time, again thanks guys

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »

dang dialup,,,,,I grabbed it in about half a minute for fun.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:33:45 PM »

search your harddrive for a way to make the bluetooth discoverable.Then after making it discoverable you can link to another device.I dont thinkthey would install blueetooth without some software to run the program.you need to search for that program,or go buy an apple.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »

search your harddrive for a way to make the bluetooth discoverable.Then after making it discoverable you can link to another device.I dont thinkthey would install blueetooth without some software to run the program.you need to search for that program,or go buy an apple.

what's fruit got to do with a computer? ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com