Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Morons at Croom  (Read 7092 times)
pywacket1955

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:57:29 PM »

It's been awhile, so before our stickers ran out my son and I wanted to check things out.  We arrived early sunday morning sat up at the camp ground everything a okay. After riding to Sand Hill we decided to head back to the camp ground.  We do not haul butt, we put along at about 7 mph, We like to check out the wild life also. I bet there are alot of people that miss the animals that live there.  That fast enough for us.  Well I guess we took the fast trails (the old ones that not many people ride because of the growth) well we was wrong. Hundreds of trails and people keep running up my butt and expecting me to get out of there way, real bunch of but holes and then when they past you they kick up as much dust as possible. I think we will stick with river ranch. After going to Croom for 10 years we will not be going back anytime soon.  It (the people that ride) has changed so much. They have no respect for one an other. Not friendly at all. And that is my thought.

Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

Wow, I was also there Sunday morning early. Set up before 9am. Rode to the pit just like you and on the way back & was lucky enough to have one of those jumping oak trees jump right out in front of my left front wheel. Needless to say, my tie rod looks like a boomerang now. I thought the park was more empty than I had seen it all year on this past Sunday.
I never passed anyone on the way to Sand Hill Pit or on the way back. I always ride up & back just like you guys did & rarely ever get passed or even come upon anyone else. Must be the main trails you took.
Dont let a few jerks ruin your sons experience. Look at it this way you can use those idiots like an example of how not to ride. Chalk it up as a learning experience for him. He wont act like that later in life & that is because you stressed to him that those guys ride like morons.
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »

Show your son how a man handles things; Beat the crap out of them! Angry

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »

Show your son how a man handles things; Beat the crap out of them! Angry

Exactly.  I think the members of ATVFlorida should gangup on people like this.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:50 PM »

I dont see the problem, if someone comes up behind me and I'm just cruisin I move over and let them by. If I come up on someone, I expect them to move over.  Thats how it works.  Are you the guy in the fast lane on the interstate doing 60mph?

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
YELLOW RR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:05 PM »

+1 ^^^

2007 LTR450
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »

I don't see the problem either, just get out of there way and all is good. Would you suggest they maintain your 7mph speed limit?? Slower riders should get out of the way.That's what poplite golfers do, they let you play through if you are holding thing's up.I have a young son that rides with me also,If we are slower we pull over and let people through.This is just my opinion.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:09:33 PM »

I dont see the problem, if someone comes up behind me and I'm just cruisin I move over and let them by. If I come up on someone, I expect them to move over.  Thats how it works.  Are you the guy in the fast lane on the interstate doing 60mph?
I have read a lot of posts from you, chillin.
On this one you are dead wrong. Croom isnt like ONF, there is a million trails criss crossing each other & noone should have to get over in the trails.
If a better rider comes up on a slow rider especially with young kids they should find a way around them, not force them over with intimidation.
The interstate reference is like apples & oranges.
I have never been on an interstate with more than 6 lanes. Around here, 3 is the norm. There arent any options on an interstate like there is at croom. If I come up on a slow group I will find an alternate trail to get around them, God knows there is enough trails in croom to do that. No reason for all these guys riding up on utes or any group, do the right thing & find a way around.
These posts are why no one important showed up for the rally imho. We all fight amongst ourselves over stupid things like this.
There will always be assholes wherever you ride & there will always be good people too.
Only the assholes make enough noise to be heard & seen though.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

thats usually what i do if i come up behind a slower rider/group.just hit a different trail and go around.and you can leave a good margin between you and them when you do that your not right beside them dustin them out.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »

At one time, I had stole the bell off my little sister's Huffy for such occasions.  However, do to the engineering design, I kept getting the thumb throttle and the bell ringer thingy confused. So I had to abandon that technique. Now I just ride up behind them and wait for a wide enough to pass....

Then I fly past, and kick the rear end towards them to spray them with sand, dirt, and gravel.

And just in case they didn't get the point, I flip them the bird!

I can't believe that ATVers are actually complaining about ATVers.  I guess it's just some people's nature to complain.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 03:59:29 PM »

thats usually what i do if i come up behind a slower rider/group.just hit a different trail and go around.and you can leave a good margin between you and them when you do that your not right beside them dustin them out.
Finally a reasonably thought out post. It is just that simple.  Toast
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

Maybe I was wrong, I haven't been to Croom in a few years. My advise is just general trail etiquette, I think it applies anywhere.  Obviously if you are passing a family with children you need to be extra cautious and courteous.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Anoriginal

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »

Then why is it every time your son passes me he kicks dirt on me and flips me the bird?  Grin Grin
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

Finally a reasonably thought out post. It is just that simple.  Toast

Man, I think they're messing with you. I know for a fact that Rico rides a 90 and it's incapable of kicking up a roost or passing anyone.

But, like most ATVers I do like giving people the bird as I pass them, and when I do it, I do it as hard as I can.

I think the point here is, most people practice trail courtesy, but some people are going to FIND something to complain about.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »

Then why is it every time your son passes me he kicks dirt on me and flips me the bird?  Grin Grin
He has his mothers bad attitude.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
riverranchrat

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »

i thought ridin' your atv was all about gettin dirty?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

Flick a booger at them!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »

I like to get right up on em and lay on my train horn. Works like a charm every time.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »

anyone ever see the idiot that rides the banshee with no fenders or any plastic at all?

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »

never seen him but I have seen a couple different quads with no rear fenders.kinda stupid if ya ask me

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »

you would know this banshee if you seen it. ugliest one ever.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
KB

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »

Maybe I was wrong, I haven't been to Croom in a few years. My advise is just general trail etiquette, I think it applies anywhere.  Obviously if you are passing a family with children you need to be extra cautious and courteous.

I know it's an old tpic but I will say this about Chillin even though I don't know him, a couple maybe almost 3 yrs. ago some people were talking about making a group ride up to the Alapaha River bed(Jasper), i wanted to go so I asked, he said sure but thats it's not a place for small quads(my ex g.f. daughter,I bought a quad for)
well we went any way, riding down the river bed here comes a family on a couple Rhino's & I think Chillin was on a quad, he seen me lifting the girls quad out of the sand cause it was getting burried & asked if everything's OK, I said ya, thanks.
I was on a blue Banshee, she was on a blue Raptor(sold) & the girl was on a blue Baja 90. He probably remembers, his family's truck was parked under the bridge in the shade & I was parked down in the river bed in a 05 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 w/ a red trailer.
Not a lot of people stop to ask if your OK anymore, most just roost right past you.
I'm glad I went that weekend because that was the last weekend before they closed that place down, I got to see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com