Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG SCRUB "May the 7th" SPEEEEEEEEEEEED  (Read 40373 times)
mudrat
Supreme Member

ATP Racing #19

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2005, 10:27:25 AM »

I have gps as well as a couple of 2 way radios I can bring!  

06' Honda 450er, ATP Motor, Walsh everything, LSR Axle, Holeshots on Douglas Beads, Rossier Pipe, Sidewinder Sprokets & Chain, SPS Graphics, Fasst Bars, Fasst Quad.......
05' Sportsman 800
RaptorBabe82

Ride Like A Girl!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »

So are there going to be any other girls that can hang for this one or am I going to be the lone ranger!

2004 660 Raptor
2000 F-150 4x4 (on 35's Mickey Thompsons)
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2005, 05:05:15 PM »

[smiley=Cool.gif]

I am sure dirtygrl80 would have joined you...but appointments were made before the ride was posted....

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2005, 05:24:35 PM »

So are there going to be any other girls that can hang for this one or am I going to be the lone ranger!

Hey Kristen,
Seeing how you rode that Raptor really well at Rodman I think you will fit in just fine but it would be nice to see some ladies on sport quads come out and challenge us guy's on the trails ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 05:24:51 PM by eric » Logged
dreth

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »

if all goes as i plan i will be home on the couch while yall are still waiting for the dust to clear Shocked
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2005, 06:52:26 PM »

If i can get my back brake to work properly by then, il probly be comin, got my dust mask this time  Grin

05 450r #13B
Holeshot36

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2005, 08:19:51 PM »

Put me down on the list, I'll be their. The yfz is down so I'll be their on the cannonbomb.
big_orange_one

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2005, 08:48:31 PM »

Boy i'll tell you what DRETH can sure talk the smack  (LOL) thats OK if he messes up any we can sure mess with him about it give us something to laugh at & never let him live it down. I can't talk any smack my machine is stock but like they say      "SIZE DOES MATTER"  
                                           orange 1    
blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »

I sure wish this rain was comming next friday!
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2005, 05:13:54 AM »

I can't talk any smack my machine is stock but like they say      "SIZE DOES MATTER"  
                                           orange 1    

You can't talk smack b/c you have a stock bike? What are you riding on? On this type of ride, size of the motor really doesn't matter. This is basically a matter of the size of your balls. How crazy are you to try and stay up w/ us loonies.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 06:06:45 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
dreth

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2005, 11:44:14 AM »

thats right, its all about the b@llz to keep up with us loonies Grin
dreth

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

OK! Its going to get hot so i say that we ride hard till 1:30 pm and then meet at the vehicles for some lunch around 2pm! eat, then grab our swim suits and head to blue sink for some cooling off before we head home. let me know  your thoughts on this!
big_orange_one

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2005, 02:50:16 PM »

Dreth that sounds like a good plan. Any ideal of how many people are going on the SPEEEEEEEEEEEED ride? how many was on the last ride ?   i'm looking foward to this ride i just hope i can keep up cause yall are soooooooooooooo fast & have such BIG boollls. Dreth's  plan sounds good to me
dreth

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2005, 03:53:07 PM »

we had 6 at the last ride and it looks like we will have atleast 10 to 15 taking into consideration a few always drop out do to unexpected things.
and as far as all the smack talk is concerned, we are just kidding around so dont take offense
dreth

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2005, 04:09:12 PM »

list of possibles

DRETH
T2RAPTOR
RIDE1ROB
FLEAJUMPER.....with friends
ERUPTION
01ZX12R
HOLLYWOOD
ERIC
FELIX_Z-4
BIGORANGE
BLINDKAETA
MUDRAT
RAPTORBABE82
ATVTRAILER
HOLESHOT36
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 08:10:19 PM by dreth » Logged
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »

Hey, remember... I'm also bringin' 2 and possible 3 guys w/ me. Man I hope that it rains thursday or friday so that the vision won't be bad.

Took my bike out and rode it (Hard) for the first time since I made the adjustments to my bike (Elkas, Valve adjustments, and another GYT-R pipe) Gonna have to play w/ the shock adjustments b/c It seems almost like a different bike. Definitely running stronger and smoother Grin.

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2005, 07:14:39 PM »

think u mispelled my sn or left me off???
Posted by: dreth       Posted on: Today at 6:09pm
list of possibles

DRETH
T2RAPTOR
RIDE1ROB
FLEAJUMPER.....with friends
ERUPTION
01ZX12R
HOLLYWOOD
ERIC
FELIX_Z-4
BIGORANGE
BLINDKAETA
MUDRAT
RAPTORBABE82
ATVTRAILEO
HOLESHOT36

05 450r #13B
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2005, 01:54:29 AM »

Barring anything major between now and then I'll be there. Just a word to the wise for those who have not been on a ride like this before......if we get started and you can't keep up don't be afraid to head back and ride with the slower group it will be a lot more fun than us hauling you and your quad back in pieces! It will be pretty much WFO the whole time just Lean back and Pin it! Just don't want to see anyone get hurt for riding beyond their abilities. Now Let's Get It On! Right now I am just hoping for my Rev Box to get back from Dyna in time cause I am sure missing that extra 1k RPM's  Cry

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2005, 06:26:58 PM »

Good advise Hollywood. But at the same time remember that you can always go at your own fast pace. You don't have to be right up there w/ the Loonie crew. More than sure w/ this big of a ride that there will be different paced groups and remember that we stop at all Forks, intersections, etc... to wait on the rest so that we don't get seperated. Kinda why I like an experienced leader at the front that remembers the rest of the crew behind him/her.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 06:27:57 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

dreth

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2005, 06:49:56 PM »

OK! Its going to get hot so i say that we ride hard till 1:30 pm and then meet at the vehicles for some lunch around 2pm! eat, then grab our swim suits and head to blue sink for some cooling off before we head home. let me know  your thoughts on this!

Cool
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »

remember that we stop at all Forks, intersections, etc... to wait on the rest so that we don't get seperated. Kinda why I like an experienced leader at the front that remembers the rest of the crew behind him/her.

Stopping at all forks is a great idea. We do it on all group rides. It's not so much the leader, it's more a matter of each person remembering that there is a person behind them. Everyone needs to keep glancing back if the person behind you is gone then stop. everyone will realize very soon. If anyone gets seperated from the pack then just stop and the pack will come back for you. Just remember to never leave the trail you were on.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
dreth

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »

and if you have to back track please do so with caution incase  they are just playing ketchup ! you dont want a blind corner collision
dreth

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2005, 08:14:08 PM »

im not trying to scare anyone away but it will be EXXXXXXXXXTREMELY dusty ! if you feel uneasy after the firts little trial burst we do ,then when we stop to check on everyone dont feel obligated to keep going because it will only get worse! unless everyone is less than 4 feet from the guy in front of him vision will be limited!
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2005, 11:18:18 PM »

Rob is right we deffinately don't all have to run WFO the whole time I am sure there will be a time when I get tired and fall to the back of the pack to rest. It is always a good idea to stop at any intersections to allow the group to catch up. It is the only way not to lose people when on a group ride.

Good call Dreth we might wait till we get there and see how the dust is if it's real bad we may want to take the longer trails in groups of say 4 at a time. One group goes as soon as the dust clears the next can follow.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2005, 06:49:54 AM »

May not be that dusty at all. Forecast for this week...(40% chance of rain tomorrow/ 50% chance on thursday) That'll keep the dust down tremendously. Seems like we may get what we hoped for.

As far as glancing back and checking on the guy behind you. We won't get very far like that on this type of ride. There's no way all 15 guys (Or more) are going to stay in contact w/ each other through the trails. We'd have to stop every few hundred yards are so.

If it is dusty, I think Hollywoods idea is great. We run the Loonie group 1st and when the dust settles we run a few more. But we may have 6/7 guys (if not more) that want to run in the Loonie group??
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 06:54:11 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com