Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, I'll Be It  (Read 3214 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »

What was there to prove by closing down the Rally thread?  Clearly, the event took a tremendous amount of work and my hats off to Dreth for his efforts.  But equally clear is the fact that the original goal was lost in the planning.  Dreth showed that we can rally for a cause.  Now we need to focus on what our goals and targets are.  This Rally was obviously a wonderfully fun event but in order to succeed, we need to stay on track.  Future Rallies cannot focus on exhibitions of riding prowess.  They must focus on the issues.  Dreth and his committees should open up and pay attention to what is being offered as advice.  The members on these sites are from all walks of life and with great depth of experience.  Use those experiences to build upon what you started.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

I'm with him

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

I could agree with that.
 Thats part of the reason I didnt make it out. Seemed as though "drag bikes" werent welcomed with open arms, Could just be me, BUT a few had pm`ed me saying they thought the same thing.

But , anyway, Dreth WORKED his azz off, and others as well, So HATS off to all of those who put the rally together Clapper

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:05:51 PM »

Future plans are in the works. See this thread for more info

http://www.floridaatv.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&topic=2311.0
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

What was there to prove by closing down the Rally thread?  Clearly, the event took a tremendous amount of work and my hats off to Dreth for his efforts.  But equally clear is the fact that the original goal was lost in the planning.  Dreth showed that we can rally for a cause.  Now we need to focus on what our goals and targets are.  This Rally was obviously a wonderfully fun event but in order to succeed, we need to stay on track.  Future Rallies cannot focus on exhibitions of riding prowess.  They must focus on the issues.  Dreth and his committees should open up and pay attention to what is being offered as advice.  The members on these sites are from all walks of life and with great depth of experience.  Use those experiences to build upon what you started.
We do pay attention to the advice of others. I think it was just deleted because the rally was over and they are going to remove that board. The more advice received the better the next rally will be. It would be better to go the association website and start a thread there. www.floridaatvassociation.com . The racing events were more for fun and giving people something to do before the rally. It was the first one ever and we didnt have a full day of speakers so we had to fill the gaps with something.

I could agree with that.
 Thats part of the reason I didnt make it out. Seemed as though "drag bikes" werent welcomed with open arms, Could just be me, BUT a few had pm`ed me saying they thought the same thing.

But , anyway, Dreth WORKED his azz off, and others as well, So HATS off to all of those who put the rally together Clapper
I dont think anyone meant to come off as not liking drag bikes, there just wouldnt have been anyplace to ride them. Believe me your bikes on display would be a huge attention grabber, those things are sweet.

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:58:40 AM »

I could agree with that.

From what I hear, I am real sorry my camera didn't get to see your bikes there.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
bmd11

Location: Waitin' for the green light to drop at the Motoplex!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »

Diggin you make some good points. The original goal was to get people together to spread the word. If you missed Rick Valera's speech then you certainly missed the whole point. The Association is working on promoting more events. The first was definitely a learning experience. Everyone was welcomed, no matter what you rode.
We are also working on updating the association's website with a great FAQs section and some more cool stuff. We would welcome constructive criticism, but everyone please remember that Rome was not built in one day. We are learning as we go! We have a huge battle ahead of us, and we need to be on the same page TOGETHER! Remember, WE have to beat the drum daily!

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 08:57:45 AM »

With each Rally I think more and more people will come. This first one had some unforseeable obstacles and changes.
We definately have learned a lot from this one. It's unfortunate that the origianl location fell through because I believe we would have had more media exposure there, the only issue would have been how many people would have shown up. When I look at how many flyers were passed out and how many people I spoke w/ and emails sent out and responded to It was easy to suggest that several thousand people would show, but thats all we had to go w/ was those estimations.
The next Rally we Hope to hold it on Private land that belongs to the association and we can set it up and lay it our however we wish.
I hope that everyone will continue to Rally not behind an individual but behind the association, We have to have #s and if we all love to ride our quads then it should be easy to tell others when we are out about the association, this is how we can unite under one huge umbrella and show the state that we are not just out here in lala land and we need the Land that the T Mark Schmidt Florida OHV safety and recreation act has proven the need for.
As a group we can offer Ideas which sound a lot nicer then Constructive Criticizm, the only reason I say that is in a public setting like this it never comes across as friendly advise, If we can come together and say hey, I have this idea under the terms of working together for one good, no one will have to feel big or small as we all are here for what? Unification of fellow riders and to build friendships.
I will be the first to say I tend to be easily excited w/ emotion both on negative and positve but I never set out to belittle anyone and I apologize to those That I have offended.
There are new stickers out that Shawn has and we can get to everyone that simple say
"Just wanna Ride" I will have it as my sig soon, just have not been able to scan it to my PC yet. In a nut shell we all just wanna ride and that is why we come to this forumn initially, the friendships are a bonus for living on the forumn for 3 or 4 hours a day.
Well I hope we all can agree to disagree and then agree some more and build more friendships, thanks for your time........
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:51:01 PM by Inyourdraft2000 » Logged

bmd11

Location: Waitin' for the green light to drop at the Motoplex!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »

Well said Jake!  Cool

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »

I think the date and venue change hurt as far as the number of people attending.But it was an uncontrollable hurdle.the way I see it at that point there were 2 choices scrap the whole idea or do double duty to find a new venue.I know alot of people would have probably gotten discouraged and gave up but Dreth,Paul S.,AND EVERYBODY ELSE endured and found another venue and showed everyone just how dedicated they are to the cause,if every rider were that dedicated then that would make organizing future rallies and other events a whole lot easier as well as getting the land that we have paid for and deserve.unfortunately i didn't make it to the rally but I am a member of the florida atv association.so now instead of passing out flyers and tellin everyone about the rally tell them about the association and encourage them to join the only thing they have to lose is more riding areas if they don't.we need as many members as we can get Wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:47:30 PM by eldiablo64 » Logged

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »

With each Rally I think more and more people will come. This first one had some unforseeable obstacles and changes.
We definately have learned a lot from this one. It's unfortunate that the origianl location fell through because I believe we would have had more media exposure there, the only issue would have been how many people would have shown up. When I look at how many flyers were passed out and how many people I spoke w/ and emails sent out and responded to It was easy to suggest that several thousand people would show, but thats all we had to go w/ was those estimations.
The next Rally we Hope to hold it on Private land that belongs to the association and we can set it up and lay it our however we wish.
I hope that everyone will continue to Rally not behind an individual but behind the association, We have to have #s and if we all love to ride our quads then it should be easy to tell others when we are out about the association, this is how we can unite under one huge umbrella and show the state that we are not just out here in lala land and we need the Land that the T Mark Schmidt Florida OHV safety and recreation act has proven the need for.
As a group we can offer Ideas which sound a lot nicer then Constructive Criticizm, the only reason I say that is in a public setting like this it never comes across as friendly advise, If we can come together and say hey, I have this idea under the terms of working together for one good, no one will have to feel big or small as we all are here for what? Unification of fellow riders and to build friendships.
I will be the first to say I tend to be easily excited w/ emotion both on negative and positve but I never set out to belittle anyone and I apologize to those That I have offended.
There are new stickers out that Shawn has and we can get to everyone that simple say
"Just wanna Ride" I will have it as my sig soon, just have not been able to scan it to my PC yet. In a nut shell we all just wanna ride and that is why we come to this forumn initially, the friendships are a bonus for living on the forumn for 3 or 4 hours a day.
Well I hope we all can agree to disagree and then agree some more and build more friendships, thanks for your time........

WELL SAID JAKE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com