Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: holyland for sport quads  (Read 22752 times)
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »

nope its b/c people that thik the are the best

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Anoriginal

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 10:24:42 AM »

nope its b/c people that thik the are the best

WTF were you attempting to convey?  Huh Huh
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 12:13:41 PM »

This conversataion is starting to hurt my head.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 04:44:49 PM by Justbilly » Logged
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »

LOL
anarion55

Sportbike Scum & Inadvertant ATV Stuntman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »

Some of the posts in this thread (not naming names - it's obvious) are the direct result of learning to communicate via test messaging. *sigh*. I weep for this generation.

The thread seems to have drifted, so I'll try to winch it back... lol.

Like any other activity, the misdeeds of a minority few have dire consequences for the rest of us. It's always been so, in my experience, and probably will continue to be the case. The only way to deal with it fairly is to address the INDIVIDUALS who are a problem, and not everyone who "looks like them". I get that a lot on my street bike; it's a sport bike (aka crotch rocket), so immediately people think I'm one of those morons doing 100mph wheelies on the interstate. I'm not, but I get treated that way.

I've never been to Holeylands (even though it's on our way to the property we own west of Clewiston, and we pass it on US27 almost every weekend). From what I've heard, it's not the most perfect riding for sport quads or dirt bikes - levee riding can get pretty boring at 15 or 20 mph.

The answer is to try to get areas more suited to ATV's (both sport and 4x4/utility) & other ORV's (side by sides AND bikes) allocated for that kind of usage. In addition, we have to fight hard to keep open the (pathetically few) places we have now.

Just riding the way you like is not acceptable any more (if it ever was); whenever you're riding, you're an ambassador for our sport. Doing stupid things gets us a bad rep, and gets lands posted.

Oh, and by the way, I'm one of those guys who wears all my gear; I've been riding dirtbikes, ATC's, 4WD trucks and now Quads since I was 14.. I'm almost 52 now. I'm willing to bet I was riding before a lot of hotshots here were born. Just sayin', in case y'all think I'm some newbie poseur.

Tony

Shut up and hang on.

Tony

Kawasaki KFX400, ZX-9r
Anoriginal

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »

Some of the posts in this thread (not naming names - it's obvious) are the direct result of learning to communicate via test messaging. *sigh*. I weep for this generation.

The thread seems to have drifted, so I'll try to winch it back... lol.

Like any other activity, the misdeeds of a minority few have dire consequences for the rest of us. It's always been so, in my experience, and probably will continue to be the case. The only way to deal with it fairly is to address the INDIVIDUALS who are a problem, and not everyone who "looks like them". I get that a lot on my street bike; it's a sport bike (aka crotch rocket), so immediately people think I'm one of those morons doing 100mph wheelies on the interstate. I'm not, but I get treated that way.

I've never been to Holeylands (even though it's on our way to the property we own west of Clewiston, and we pass it on US27 almost every weekend). From what I've heard, it's not the most perfect riding for sport quads or dirt bikes - levee riding can get pretty boring at 15 or 20 mph.

The answer is to try to get areas more suited to ATV's (both sport and 4x4/utility) & other ORV's (side by sides AND bikes) allocated for that kind of usage. In addition, we have to fight hard to keep open the (pathetically few) places we have now.

Just riding the way you like is not acceptable any more (if it ever was); whenever you're riding, you're an ambassador for our sport. Doing stupid things gets us a bad rep, and gets lands posted.

Oh, and by the way, I'm one of those guys who wears all my gear; I've been riding dirtbikes, ATC's, 4WD trucks and now Quads since I was 14.. I'm almost 52 now. I'm willing to bet I was riding before a lot of hotshots here were born. Just sayin', in case y'all think I'm some newbie poseur.

Tony

Great post and well said. I agree with you 100%.
KB

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 02:49:25 PM »

Ya, that was a good reply, & I hope when I'm 52 I'm still gettin at it like you are.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »

Nice post.  I couldn't say I agree more!

We are on the receiving end of a lot of profiling.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 06:00:57 PM »

yea are right just b/c i cant type how u wannt me to means i am retarted u never meet me u dont no anything bout me and if u wanna judge me for that good for u. i am one of those guys that never wear any gear mybe goggles from time to time but i got a cooler of beer and jack or jim. i am proud of it and when i am 52 i will be doing the same thing teaching my kids and grand kids to do the same thing. i got to keep my family tradition alivebe who u are and do what you want. u feel u wanna break some rules go head and do it just doont be stupied bout it  then u get some old guys talking crap b/c they think they and smarter, brighter , and what ever they are but they are same as everyone else just likes to have fun doing what they want. and i no for a fact theer is no one in this world that is perfect we all break rules from time to time

2008 brute force 750

Anoriginal

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »

yea are right just b/c i cant type how u wannt me to means i am retarted u never meet me u dont no anything bout me and if u wanna judge me for that good for u. i am one of those guys that never wear any gear mybe goggles from time to time but i got a cooler of beer and jack or jim. i am proud of it and when i am 52 i will be doing the same thing teaching my kids and grand kids to do the same thing. i got to keep my family tradition alivebe who u are and do what you want. u feel u wanna break some rules go head and do it just doont be stupied bout it  then u get some old guys talking crap b/c they think they and smarter, brighter , and what ever they are but they are same as everyone else just likes to have fun doing what they want. and i no for a fact theer is no one in this world that is perfect we all break rules from time to time

Don't they make some kind of spray or pellets to keep these people away?
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »

Time to do something cause now it is no good for sport or utilities  http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,26634.msg325145.html#msg325145

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 09:31:45 PM »

see u all are crying bout people speding and all that crap when u should have been out ridding having a good time now we all are gonna ride when not sposed to and break all the rules so u must be retarded as me   her i got a spray for u

2008 brute force 750

KB

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 10:24:20 PM »

4X4Matt, don't take it too too personal, but in my personal personal opinion your making a complete azz of yourself on this thread.

and thats about all i got to say about that

crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »

hey kb if i asked u you can say what ever you want but no one asked u to come here and asked u so stay out   and thats all i got to say

2008 brute force 750

snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »

oh well, on the topic, i was out there yesterday afternoon an i only rode my banshee for about 1/2 hour lol its like riding through a big bowl of soup...

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »

I can feel the love in this thread. Nice to see some things never change. Cool

oh well, on the topic, i was out there yesterday afternoon an i only rode my banshee for about 1/2 hour lol its like riding through a big bowl of soup...

Just the way I like it.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »

jack you are the best         

to everyone esle

i feel like a tramiplen all of thses stuck up  no good for nothing rich hide behind computers dont like me  but when u sit at home looking at yr atv i will be in HOLYLANDS ON MY BUGGIE  see u there ill save u a beeer

2008 brute force 750

Anoriginal

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »

Can anyone tell me what the heck a "tramiplen" is?
KB

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 10:03:52 AM »

I think it's a musical instrument like a flute or somethin.
I remember when I was 14 or 15 the kid down the street had one.
Anoriginal

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

I think it's a musical instrument like a flute or somethin.
I remember when I was 14 or 15 the kid down the street had one.

Oh yeah! I remember. Thanks KB.

That's funny right there.   Cheesy Cheesy
Old Grizzly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »

I think its some kinda Fruit. LOL Evil
Old Grizzly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2007, 01:48:41 PM »

The spell check buttons works well to make me look smart!!!!! DUH ok george
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »

i believe a "tramiplen" is also known as a forum where i look an idiot because i can't type and people rag on me for it...
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »

i believe a "tramiplen" is also known as a forum where i look an idiot because i can't type and people rag on me for it...

....because..if you fill in the rest of what's after "also known as"...in the original context by our skeleton friend...it just makes more sense than a jumbo shrimp
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 04:30:21 PM »

this is awsome i still got all u guys going for this hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ha

2008 brute force 750

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com