Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: would like some opinions  (Read 1764 times)
GrizzlyGator

« on: June 22, 2007, 09:33:45 AM »

I might have to sell my 2006 800 max (non-xt)  Cry ....aprox 300 miles on it maybe 10hrs. at the most...never,never,nerver In mud or water, as much as I like  Grin that kind of riding it was just to hard to put a $10,000 machine in the gunk..I bought it back in October..still 100% stock...still looks 100% new...so the question is what should I ask for it Huh and then what do ya'll think I could realistically expect to get...thanks for your replys     
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »

The problem with trying to sell a recent model is that you have to ask a price that presents a 'no-brainer' solution for the buyer.  If you ask too much, the buyer can rationalize that for another $1,500.00 or $2,000.00, he can have brand new and never second-guess how the machine has been treated.  You might even need to go as low as $7,000.00 to get interest.  You will be competing with the dealerships who are struggling to move their inventory.  I just purchased a 2007 800 Max XT for $10,238.00 out the door (tax, title, registration, shipping and delivery).  That makes your options pretty limited.  There was another individual on here not too long ago who was trying to sell his 2006 800 XT (not a Max) and couldn't move it for even $6,400.00.  At the end of the day, these are recreational items, will never hold their value and should only be purchased with discretionary cash.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »

The problem with trying to sell a recent model is that you have to ask a price that presents a 'no-brainer' solution for the buyer.  If you ask too much, the buyer can rationalize that for another $1,500.00 or $2,000.00, he can have brand new and never second-guess how the machine has been treated.  You might even need to go as low as $7,000.00 to get interest.  You will be competing with the dealerships who are struggling to move their inventory.  I just purchased a 2007 800 Max XT for $10,238.00 out the door (tax, title, registration, shipping and delivery).  That makes your options pretty limited.  There was another individual on here not too long ago who was trying to sell his 2006 800 XT (not a Max) and couldn't move it for even $6,400.00.  At the end of the day, these are recreational items, will never hold their value and should only be purchased with discretionary cash.

yeah 10-4 I new all that  Huh pretty much the way I ended up with mine  Grin, thats why i wanted realistic opinions...I will probably keep it...I'm sure nobody 100% would believe the no water no mud either.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »

I am just curious why people sell the units so quickly after spending so much?Huh

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »

I am just curious why people sell the units so quickly after spending so much?Huh

sometimes s#@t happens???  Undecided
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:31:52 AM »

So there is nothing wrong with the bike? The reason I ask is because IF i was going to buy another big bore ride that one would be at the top of my list. 

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »

So there is nothing wrong with the bike? The reason I ask is because IF i was going to buy another big bore ride that one would be at the top of my list. 

Nope not a thing! And the only reason I won't sell it is because what I'm hearing from here and the Highlifter board is between 6-7 thousand dollars and at that price I would just as well keep it... and work out some of my financial issues another way..believe me if i were to sell it, as soon as i was able I be right back down there a get another one just like it  Wink my quad has been to Durhamntown twice(trail ridden only and no where else) its an awesome machine...thats why I was only looking for opinions as of right now selling it is not at the top of my list, but if it comes down to it I wanted to be prepared for what the market would bare.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com