Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NORTH PORT  (Read 6801 times)
TOBY_660

« on: November 14, 2004, 05:14:09 AM »

Hey everyone,is it me or is there some kinda secret force of a**holes out there trying to shutdown what little places to ride?Me and my son were down in northport and while we were riding someone blew up  a car in the woods and left it there.This is becoming the norm and it's pissing me off!Am i alone?Me and another rider out with his kids called th fire department and told them the reason we called was to make sure they new that some of us are responsible,some other riders helped us give the fire dept(good job guys)a ride to the burnt car.As a group(and we really are it seems)we need to take a stand and not let these idiots get away with this.Seems like i am rambling so i"ll end this,just tired of losing places to ride to burnt cars.This is what happens to everyplace me and my son ride and we lose it!!This is starting to piss me off,it would really suck if croom was the only place to ride(and at that point it's not worth riding at all)!!
Tmack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:18:39 AM »

We were camping in North Port Saturday night.Had a great time but I hear you on the Idoits that are ruining It for us responsable rider.. WE are just trying to have a good time with our familys..Was that the car by a sand pit? Went on a trail run with my Husband and we seen a burnt car.. There was a lot of traffic after dark with the teenager driving like idiot in there cars up and down the roads...Come on guys smartin up..... Stacy...
TOBY_660

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:58:20 AM »

Hey glad to see i am not the only one having trouble with all of this,we were there saturday and yes it was right at the mud hole,right before the bridge at about 5pm,i was on the red/white raptor.we were the ones giving the fire dept the rides.Did you see the toyota?
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 11:51:13 AM »

I was out there saturday with my wife and son. I must have left before all this happened but I totally agree with you all. I live in Venice and North Port is very convenient for me when I don't feel like driving to Croom. It would be a shame to lose a good riding area because of this crap!
Tmack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 01:05:35 PM »

We didn't see the car until sunday afternoon... No we were at camp around 5pm... We were camped around the long straight away on the other side of the pit or around there..don't know the area that well usually stay around camp to watch the kids... We were the ones with about 10 tents around the site... Stacy, Tmacks wife...
TOBY_660

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 02:10:46 PM »

Were you guys the ones me and my son were talking to about the raptor 80?
Tmack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 03:16:58 PM »

Not sure  ???there was a white chevy truck with T.J. Mackin Property Restoration on it,Ford Windstar mini van and a bunch of cars parked on the side of the road. There was a tent pitched right by the trail with a pick-up truck by it.. We were a big group from NorthPortOffRoad.com....
TOBY_660

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 04:55:46 PM »

Are you the ones who ride the YFZ450's,with the daughter who has the raptor 80?
stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 06:32:36 PM »

Its sad to hear about crap like that. Even though I haven't been down there for awhile my friends usually go.

If stuff like that keeps happening North Port will be off limits for sure.

I hate it when places close down, usually for developments.The holes that used to be Bee Ridge ext. are now a golf course!!!
Flat_Out

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 04:27:04 PM »

Its sad to hear about crap like that. Even though I haven't been down there for awhile my friends usually go.

If stuff like that keeps happening North Port will be off limits for sure.

I hate it when places close down, usually for developments.The holes that used to be Bee Ridge ext. are now a golf course!!!

Yeah tell me about it.  We used to go out there and hang out all of the time.  Those flag ponds were loaded with bass back in the day.  Breaks my heart to see all of those houses out there today.  If only I had a wheeler back then.  When my parents moved down here 28 years ago, my dad said that he could ride from central sarasota to out east till he couldn't anymore and never see that same thing twice.

2003 Suzuki Vinson - Stock
"Son If I Wanted To Talk To Your Mother, I Would Have Bought A Car"
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 08:25:39 PM »

This is the exact reason that I won't mention the 2 places that I like to ride, I don't want to atract morons who will ruin it for the rest of us, very unfortunate.
stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 08:27:24 PM »

I know what you're sayin, back in the day it didn't take long for a new place to be ruined. That was when it wasn't so popular. Now it only takes a week for a rumor to start and then 200 people show up.

I told 2 people about a place off the myakka river and the next week it was filled w/ H.S. kids and got trashed that weekend. And that was that...
goin_deep

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »

THAT PLACE STILL AROUND IT'S BEN YRS SENCE I BEN OUT THERE . LOVED IT LOT'S OF RIDEING I HAD A TOYOTA TRUCK ON 42" SWAMPERS AN DID A LIL PLAYIN BUT GOT ME A 4 WHEELER AN WANT TO FIND PLACE TO RIDE. I;M GLAD TO SEE IT'S STILL OPEN  ( 4 NOW  )  .

05 4x4 kawasaki prairy 360 camo lifted
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »

THAT PLACE STILL AROUND IT'S BEN YRS SENCE I BEN OUT THERE . LOVED IT LOT'S OF RIDEING I HAD A TOYOTA TRUCK ON 42" SWAMPERS AN DID A LIL PLAYIN BUT GOT ME A 4 WHEELER AN WANT TO FIND PLACE TO RIDE. I;M GLAD TO SEE IT'S STILL OPEN  ( 4 NOW  )  .

A City Ordinance was passed in July of 2006 banning AVT riding in the city of north port and the fines are steep.

I would not advise riding there.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
goin_deep

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »

thanks scooterb was thinkin about it till now . lol

05 4x4 kawasaki prairy 360 camo lifted
miller

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

So is there anywhere in the north port area to legally ride? (not necessarily in the city, but anywhere close)
RJ

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »

Unless you own a piece of property away from civilization, there is nothing. You can thank inconsiderate, irresponsible morons for this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com