Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suburban Estates/Holopaw questions  (Read 39735 times)
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »

Me and my dad are looking into some property at Subruban Estates/Holopaw and have a few questions(and probably a few more).

1.The peice of property that is purchased(will be at least 1.25acres) is it the peice of property you build your camp on?
2.How many people are able to be on one deed?
3. How well do 2x4 trucks get in?
4. There isn't any "guest passes" is there? Or is it just any guest that come with you have to be with you?
5. How many acres is there? I seen 10k acres on ebay and I thought it was more than that but might be wrong...
6. What is it like durning hunting season out there?

Thanks for any info Grin

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »

I know several owners out there and have been there and I only know about a few of these.

2. 4 ppl can be on the deed which allows you 4 keys
3. if you want to stay in the parking lot 2x4 will be fine.  you will not get to camps w/o 4wd
4. no guest passes.  you can have anyone you want out there.  however, you must be w/ an owner or own a key otherwise you can be prosecuted for trespassing.
Able

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Check with Cableguy. I think he and his brother have a place out there
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:05:04 PM »

Angry

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Able

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Angry

What now we can't talk about Suburban Estates either?  Roll Eyes
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:01:45 AM »

shh  its still top secert  Grin

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:12:51 AM »

Angry

I would find that really laughable.  Especially sense, Four Wheeldrive magazine just did a big write up on Suburban Estates.  Even listing a website where to buy property.

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:56:45 AM »

Just remember, Broward County welcomes EVERONE. We would be pleased if you joined us at 8th/157th, Macks or the south side of the alley this and every other day. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 09:20:14 AM »

This isn't one of those Jim Jones communities or David Kerish Waco compounds is it?
Able

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »

This isn't one of those Jim Jones communities or David Kerish Waco compounds is it?

LMAO. That 's why we can't speak of it! We don't want them interrupting before the commet comes to take us to our sacred place!  Grin
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »

LMAO - no, it is just a really cool place.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »

Angry

I would find that really laughable.  Especially sense, Four Wheeldrive magazine just did a big write up on Suburban Estates.  Even listing a website where to buy property.

No we can not, and you want to know why....

Let's see ever since that friggin article in the magazine there have been atleast 10 intentional fires, several camps lost, and heck even on of the members of this forum lost his truck to the fires.  This is not to mention the break-ins, the vandalism, and other crap that was going on even before the fires.  This is not to mention a landowner was out there last weekend with his family, saw someone coming up hauling a$$, so he and his FAMILY pull to the side of the road to let them pass, they ppl haulin butt, lose control and crash right into him and his family.  Thank GOD no one was seriously hurt, but they did total out his bike.  Oh and guess what, someone how the nit-wit that hit him was not a landowner, apparently he was out there with a landowner.  Oh how about all the trashed that is left around.  Next time perhaps I will bring back the pics of all the friggin trash that people leave out there with no respect to land at all.  

There were more fires last week, and more camps lost.  Let me just say that it is totally out of control out there, especially ever since this friggin magazine.  Yea, they make money off of SE, but do you see them put anything back into it.  Do you see them donating to our Volunteer Fire Dept, No.  Yea, that's right bcz we have so many fires, that we had to start our own fire department.  So you know what STAY AWAY, DON'T BRING IT UP, cause everytime you do, someone get pist.

Most of you know me on this board, and know that I am a pretty easy going person, but when it comes to this subject, I get really pist.  You would too.  It just like all the other riding areas that used to be open, and once the got openly discussed on the internet, everyone went there and trashed them, and now they are gone.  Many of you can appreciate that.  

Currently there have been plenty of things put into place, and being put into place, to stop this crap.  So if you are not a landowner, stay away, cause you aint getting in anyway.  Enough is enough.  As for buying lots on ebay, just like I PM Kawa that lot she was looking at was in section 8, and if anyone knows anything about SE, that is some serious swamp land.  So buyer beware, if you buy a lot on ebay, more than likely you ain't getting nothing but swamp.  

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Able

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 09:46:58 AM »

You had to find out about it somehow right? and you think of yourself as worthy to own and ride there, what about others ? you people think when you buy in somewhere they should just close off future land sales so you can keep it to yourselves ? talk about egotistical.
I on the other hand know about this cool thing called freedom of speach. I'll talk about what I like regardless of how many  land owners think they have sole rights to discuss something. If I choose to I'll buy in Suburban Estates and River Ranch and bring in anyone I please just to upset those that think it's an exculsive secret society  Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »

You had to find out about it somehow right? and you think of yourself as worthy to own and ride there, what about others ? you people think when you buy in somewhere they should just close off future land sales so you can keep it to yourselves ? talk about egotistical.
I on the other hand know about this cool thing called freedom of speach. I'll talk about what I like regardless of how many  land owners think they have sole rights to discuss something. If I choose to I'll buy in Suburban Estates and River Ranch and bring in anyone I please just to upset those that think it's an exculsive secret society  Wink

You should have to learn how to spell it before practicing it in the US. Wink

BTW: It was a spaceship, not a comet.

MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »

Chero I feel for what your saying.  2 months ago we had a 3000+ acre fire in our camping/riding spot and we lost over 300 camps.  This was caused by someone who left a burning fire   IDIOT!!!!

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 09:55:53 AM »

HEHE, when you going back to RR Jack, Big-daddy said he built a heated matress on top of his generator for you to bunk on...
 Smiley
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »

You know what coming from this site I find this really surprising.  Yea, I bought land there too, just like the guy who had his friggin truck burnt to the ground a few weeks ago.  When you stuff gets vandalized, and your camp gets broken into various times, and you see one of the nicest guys in the world get his awesome truck burnt to the ground, and then you see other ppl have their camps burned to the friggin ground, YOU GET A LITTLE PIST.  I am not saying that I am so friggin worthy, all I am asking out of some common courtesy, don't discuss on the open forums.  This just isn't a good time, and more of this was brought on by Peterson 4wheel magazine.  Just have some common courtesy, thats all.  Cause I promise you this, if your camp was there, and it was getting broken into, fires, ect, you would feel the same way.  

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »

Chero I feel for what your saying.  2 months ago we had a 3000+ acre fire in our camping/riding spot and we lost over 300 camps.  This was caused by someone who left a burning fire   IDIOT!!!!

Thank you mudfreak, I was really thinking I was in the Twilight Zone here......  It shouldn't be that hard to understand....  Wink

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »

Did you know on page 687 of the senate immigration bill, it requests a giant electric fence covered in razor wire to surround SE.  Oh and beartraps
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »

HEHE, when you going back to RR Jack, Big-daddy said he built a heated matress on top of his generator for you to bunk on...
 Smiley

Beats feeding quaters into the bed. Wink

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:51:02 AM »

no its not. the riding sucks. the hunting sucks. its not worth it. buy somewhere else.

Angry

No we can not, and you want to know why....

Let's see ever since that friggin article in the magazine there have been atleast 10 intentional fires, several camps lost, and heck even on of the members of this forum lost his truck to the fires.  This is not to mention the break-ins, the vandalism, and other crap that was going on even before the fires.  This is not to mention a landowner was out there last weekend with his family, saw someone coming up hauling a$$, so he and his FAMILY pull to the side of the road to let them pass, they ppl haulin butt, lose control and crash right into him and his family.  Thank GOD no one was seriously hurt, but they did total out his bike.  Oh and guess what, someone how the nit-wit that hit him was not a landowner, apparently he was out there with a landowner.  Oh how about all the trashed that is left around.  Next time perhaps I will bring back the pics of all the friggin trash that people leave out there with no respect to land at all.  

There were more fires last week, and more camps lost.  Let me just say that it is totally out of control out there, especially ever since this friggin magazine.  Yea, they make money off of SE, but do you see them put anything back into it.  Do you see them donating to our Volunteer Fire Dept, No.  Yea, that's right bcz we have so many fires, that we had to start our own fire department.  So you know what STAY AWAY, DON'T BRING IT UP, cause everytime you do, someone get pist.

Most of you know me on this board, and know that I am a pretty easy going person, but when it comes to this subject, I get really pist.  You would too.  It just like all the other riding areas that used to be open, and once the got openly discussed on the internet, everyone went there and trashed them, and now they are gone.  Many of you can appreciate that.  

Currently there have been plenty of things put into place, and being put into place, to stop this crap.  So if you are not a landowner, stay away, cause you aint getting in anyway.  Enough is enough.  As for buying lots on ebay, just like I PM Kawa that lot she was looking at was in section 8, and if anyone knows anything about SE, that is some serious swamp land.  So buyer beware, if you buy a lot on ebay, more than likely you ain't getting nothing but swamp.  

very well put.
howard

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »

I went out there and they starting shootin at me.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »

I thought that was common at any riding spot north of the lake. That is why my helmet is Kevlar and my cheat protector is military grade. Wink

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »

I thought that was common at any riding spot north of the lake. That is why my helmet is Kevlar and my cheat protector is military grade. Wink

SE just got armor piercing rounds. enter the gate and die.
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »

no its not. the riding sucks. the hunting sucks. its not worth it. buy somewhere else.

Funny just got an invite from a owner there and he tells me what a great ridin spot it is. Guess I will just have to accept the invitation and see for myself
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com