Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transport business - Need work!!  (Read 29026 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

chino, i was looking at this a while back. sounds like it may work good for you

http://www.horizontransport.com/index.asp

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:45 PM »

Too many qualifications. I can't be authorized for that company, their very strict!! Ridiculously strict just for hauling trailers.
KB

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »

Chino, I don't know if your working for yourself or for someone else & just looking for side work, I can tell you that the only way your going to make any decent $$ is by working for YOURSELF, but I guess you gotta start somewhere, have you looked at www.uship.com website out yet or not ? Another thing you can do is call some courier companies, I know of one around here called "N-E Where Transport" my mom use to use them for delivering cases of paper from her print shop to her customer's. But they got to big for her small order's so now she just uses a regular courier co.

Too bad were not gonna get any hurricanes this year, you could be chasing them if you had a big dump trailer like Cutngrs has, rent a Bobcat & make enough $$ on 1 storm to buy your own bobcat & trailer.

Good Luck !
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »

I have access to a big trailer. It's a 20 foot long dual axle steel trailer big enough for a tractor. I do work for someone, but he wants me to come up with the money for fuel to get to the first delivery, then he reimburses me when I get back. It was a run from Cincinnati to Washington State. It would be like $1200. for fuel.
   I just dropped all my cash on getting my truck. He's trying to find a run that's not so far away. If he does, he'll pay for the fuel so I can get started again. I'm always looking for sidework!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:17:52 PM by ScratchupBangupBoy » Logged
FOREMANRON

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 08:32:19 PM »

HAVE YOU CHECKED WITH LOCAL EQUIPMENT DEALER ON TRANSPORTING EQUIPMENT THEY SELL. LIKE BOBCAT, CATERPILLAR. FLAGLER(VOLVO), LINDER(KOMATSU) JONN DEERE AND KUBOTA THEY ARE ALWAYS MOVING EQUIPMENT HOPE THAT HELPS

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »

I have access to a big trailer. It's a 20 foot long dual axle steel trailer big enough for a tractor. I do work for someone, but he wants me to come up with the money for fuel to get to the first delivery, then he reimburses me when I get back. It was a run from Cincinnati to Washington State. It would be like $1200. for fuel.
   I just dropped all my cash on getting my truck. He's trying to find a run that's not so far away. If he does, he'll pay for the fuel so I can get started again. I'm always looking for sidework!!
I would take the load, and get reombursed when I got back Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »

so would I dude.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 09:52:30 PM »

I want to.The problem is, I don't have $1200. for the fuel to get me to Washington State. I just shelled out $1700. to get my truck. I'm tapped out!! Cry Cry Cry Cry
   He's trying to find a shorter run that's maybe halfway and doesn't cost so much, then he'll try to get me some cash.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »

I want to.The problem is, I don't have $1200. for the fuel to get me to Washington State. I just shelled out $1700. to get my truck. I'm tapped out!! Cry Cry Cry Cry
   He's trying to find a shorter run that's maybe halfway and doesn't cost so much, then he'll try to get me some cash.

you can always go to Guido that hangs out at Satriale's drinking coffee all day wearing sweat pants and a big old chain,,,,,dunno what he does for a living but he always answers "Waste disposal" ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »

how much time do you have before the Washington State trip gets handed to another person?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »

I'm not sure. He has more runs. But there all far runs, and he doesn't have much cash to fork out.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2007, 03:46:46 PM »

not trying to tell you what to do, but if he doesnt have the money to pay for fuel upfront, I would worry about getting paid afterwards also. there is tons of money to be made in transporting stuff though and I am sure you will do good.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »

I want to know how you dont have to have a dot # , and an authority. Unless your working under your boss`s authority.

What did the commercial ins. run ??

The " Black Pearl "
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »

I work under him. The comm. Ins. was $1100. He has always paid me, it's forking out $1200. bucks before knowing the job is done.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »

I see, Can you pm me the company that you got your ins. through ??
 I am working on getting my own authority and DOT #, When thats taken care of I`ll give you a shout to see where your at employment wise...

The " Black Pearl "
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »

Give me a call(727)204-0883 Chino
Palmettobay_recon

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2007, 11:02:37 PM »

I may buy some atvs out of state that need transporting I'll let you know.

R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »

Chino, I`ll call you tomarrow. Wink

The " Black Pearl "
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »

Let me know.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »

how much would it be to pick up a atv or motorcycle from say texas or somewhere? we are thinking of starting a small business on the side and buying bikes that need work or that are just great deals and fixing them up and re selling them. and playing with them while we have them  Grin. would you use a semi or just a pick-up truck to get them?
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

how much would it be to pick up a atv or motorcycle from say texas or somewhere? we are thinking of starting a small business on the side and buying bikes that need work or that are just great deals and fixing them up and re selling them. and playing with them while we have them  Grin. would you use a semi or just a pick-up truck to get them?

Sounds like an awesome idea. My friend does the same thing with cars and makes good money.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

To make it worth while, you would have to be buying at least 6 to 7 of them. You pay for the fuel and $200 per quad. I use my own vehicle- F350 dually and a steel trailer.
  Let me know (727)204-0883 Chino
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

Try this site

http://www.uship.com/ Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »

The problem with Uship, you have a bunch of people bidding on the same jobs. Everytime you think you have a job, someone bids lower than you until you'll end up doing it dirt cheap. I'm not working for beer money!!
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »

Noone needs anything transported anywhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com