Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO VOICE YOUR OPINON  (Read 4169 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: June 01, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

I received this letter today from Tami Leonard OHV Coordinator

Hello Mr.Norris and others who have responded to me from this website location,
  I have not forgotten your request. Rodmans Pit was closed as it was not part
of designated trail routes, Eureka Pit was closed by office of Greenways and
Trails.

The USFS is having their Route Designated Workshop on June 30th, 2007
8a.m.-5:00pm and on Sunday July 1, 2007 8:00a.m.-3:30p.m. at the Staybridge
Suites 1600 Summit Lake Drive Tallahassee, Florida.  I encourage all folks who
currently ride the National Forest OHV Recreation areas to attend and provide
comment.  If you don't attend then you can not know how your travel will be
effected or the USFS can not hear what is you are looking for as to the types of
areas that you so desire to ride in.  This is your chance to help with providing
constructive criticism to route designations that the USFS must provide
according to their management guidelines in areas of all off-road vehicle travel
in the USFS Areas of Florida.  There is a registration deadline of June 19, 2007 number is 888-458-0131. To get more information on this you can log on to
www.nohvcc.org and click on Forest Service OHV Route Designation Workshops and
data base link.  Hope to see there Tami Leonard OHV Coordinator
lisa

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »

Who is the association sending?

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
FLA.SHEE

lil' ol' YFZ 350R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:29:22 PM »

new rally date :

June 30th, 2007
Suites 1600 Summit Lake Drive Tallahassee, Florida.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 08:44:35 AM »

new rally date :

June 30th, 2007
Suites 1600 Summit Lake Drive Tallahassee, Florida.

FLA.SHEE the above is a meeting with The USFS for the purpose of  Trails & Route Designation through ONF and express your opinion about the current condition of trails this is on June 30th, and July 1 2007 THIS IS NOT THE RALLY

The date for the Rally is going to be the 23rd Of June 2007. It is now going to be held at L-Cross, an OHV park located in Okeechobee, Florida. Come for the day, or come for the weekend. Just please make sure you are there. This is going to be a history making event.

Visit their web site: http://l-cross.com/index2.html

Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »

FLA.SHEE the above is a meeting with The USFS for the purpose of  Trails & Route Designation through ONF and express your opinion about the current condition of trails this is on June 30th, and July 1 2007 THIS IS NOT THE RALLY

Chuck you are right, but this would make a good place to be heard, we all should turn up, bikes on trailers and close this place down. Then we would be heard.

I am up for this.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25106.0.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:26:04 PM by Paul_S » Logged
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 11:31:01 AM »

This meeting has nothing to do with any trails in the Ocala National Forest, or any forest in Florida.  It explains how the process is done.  I will be attending, it is similar to the seminar held in Ocala last year in May.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:16:04 AM by GrizzlyBear » Logged

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
ladyinpink

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:12:37 AM »

I received this letter today from Tami Leonard OHV Coordinator

I encourage all folks who currently ride the National Forest OHV Recreation areas to attend and provide
comment.  If you don't attend then you can not know how your travel will be effected or the USFS can not hear what is you are looking for as to the types of areas that you so desire to ride in. 

Now ya all rally ya all that sounds might fine to me. ya all better count this lady in. ya all why would this ms tami encourge all of us folks to attend and provide comment, and this here mr. grizzleybear says it has nothing to do with any trails in the Ocala National Forest, or any forest in florida. Well by gosh if this here meeting has nothing to do with any of the trails in ocala national forest or florida, well by gosh why in tarnation are they even holding a meeting.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 09:17:41 PM »

http://www.arra-access.com/arra/florida_ohv_workshop.html

Guess this means whoever intends to attend should register?
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

This meeting is geared to let the forestry folks know what is wanted/needed here in the state. From what I understand the officials from both state and national attend this meeting every year...also FL4WDA attends, so if it has nothing to do with the forest or trails why are these folks so interested in being there?  Roll Eyes

Renmus, yes, you can show up at the meeting and pay the fee, unless they changed it from last year. Last year it cost $100.00. I don't know, as I haven't checked, what the cost is this year. Last year the meeting was held here in Ocala (possibly why someone suggested emailing Rick Lint to get the meeting location changed? I see that post has been removed....)

Hmm, a gathering at the meeting...interesting, who would coordinate that? Could be a very good idea....

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 07:11:53 AM »

Hmm, a gathering at the meeting...interesting, who would coordinate that? Could be a very good idea....

I vote for Lisa!!  Grin, she seems to care a lot about this (sport/hobby) of ours and she seems to be up on all the governmental issues we face? Dunno
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

Well thank you! Pm me if interested.....I can coordinate, but I am working a field trip that day, and since I don't get paid unless I work in the summer, I won't be able to make the day. (I am a school bus driver)

In His Hands,
Lisa
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com