Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HoleyLands, Just so you know.  (Read 12025 times)
hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT ON HOW TO GET TO 8TH/157TH PLZ THANX

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »

10-4 Jack.

We are heading to chrome tonight if anyone wants to come.  Be there around 4ish

I'm going to see what happens. I do want to check this place out. Everyone I know says it was closed a long time ago, and is a bust.. Wink haha, guess not.

hondarider450r : SW 8th st to 157th. I hear their is a BBQ joint at the turn. I've never been, so if this is wrong please correct it.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »

IT LEGAL THERE ON 8TH/157TH? AND IS IT GOOD FOR SPORT QUADS

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »

IT LEGAL THERE ON 8TH/157TH? AND IS IT GOOD FOR SPORT QUADS

Everyone here says it is legal and great for sport quads. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »

FWC said it was legal.  Just not legal to ride on the "gravel road". 

It is still a state road and has rules/regs just like every other road.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »

If you're talking about that chunk of land at the southeast corner of Krome and SW 8 St, bordered by SW 157 Ave on the east, that had been a very popular area for years.  I thought that Metro-Dade had started running people off of that land a couple years back.  The area of land on the north side of SW 8 St and east of Krome was also popular but was quite a bit more swampy from what I heard.  Let me know what you find when you get down there.  Hopefully, the 'opportunists' won't be working that area too hard while you're out riding.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »

I just got off the phone with a guy who says it is most excellent riding, good food at the BBQ and no problems with the law.

We may hit it tomorrow during the day, nothing in my truck to steal. I have a special one for just such occasions and places.  Cool

My buddy's rig on the other hand...we shall see. I'll post up pictures and my feelings on the place for sure.

crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »

rode there today and man sport bikes have fun and 4x4 evan more fun   u def will like it jack

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 10:53:22 PM »

My friend got arrested about a year ago off 8th street by the lake i think. i don't know if this is the same place everyone is referring too. if it really is legal i will be heading out there this weekend.   Smiley

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »

I'll let you guys know tomorrow what I find, I'll be there early AM....unless I get arrested that is. Cool

06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »

To tell you the truth its illegal to ride there.I hate riding there when I know its gunna be packed because cops sometimes park in front of the entrances and wait for people to come and give you tickets.Best time to go is on a weekday.Youll have the place to yourself and no cop will show up.I used to go every day after school or at night by myself to rinker and ride the forest or go all the way to the back and go to the hills and then ride the trail down to 41st and go to were the huge grass hill was.That was the best
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »

To tell you the truth its illegal to ride there.I hate riding there when I know its gunna be packed because cops sometimes park in front of the entrances and wait for people to come and give you tickets.Best time to go is on a weekday.Youll have the place to yourself and no cop will show up.I used to go every day after school or at night by myself to rinker and ride the forest or go all the way to the back and go to the hills and then ride the trail down to 41st and go to were the huge grass hill was.That was the best

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this. Wink

Even though it is still during the week tomorrow, isn't school out for the summer....?  Oh well, we shall see what happens, maybe it will be a trip for some BBQ before Macks.

06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »

Dont let what I say stop you.Because its been a while since they have raided the place.The officer that stopped me told me every once in a while they come and raid it and when they do they are very big ahole about it
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 11:26:10 PM »

I just got home.

It was an awesome ride.  We went all the way through the entire place.  There was no where that a sport bike couldn't go around.  It would have been fun on a 4x4, but trail riding on our bikes was freaking awesome!  I wish we could have seen more of the sun set, but none-the-less, awesome ride!!! I love how it's slick sand and some wet dirt, nice for sliding around!

Don't let the police bother you.  They don't do too much except kick you out.

BTW, you are required a warning before you get a TICKET (or NTA for that matter) for trespassing.  If you ARE driving an ATV on the public roadway (yes, that is the gravel road) THEN you can get a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle.  It is such a touchy thing that most officers just ask you to leave.

JackL, we just got done riding, it was awesome.  We saw a handfull of people out there, but it was almost completely dry.  I had a blast!!!

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 11:31:44 PM »

Dont let what I say stop you.Because its been a while since they have raided the place.The officer that stopped me told me every once in a while they come and raid it and when they do they are very big ahole about it

The only think that will stop me is the police or a BIG no TP sign.  Wink

I'm glad you spoke up, because I did find it hard to believe all was totally cool there. I remember when they turned the screws tight on that place. Now I know it is a grey area. haha

jrpro130,  thanks for the report. I love the slick stuff myself. Hopefully I will keep the rubber on the ground.
I don't recall Dade opting out of the atv on unpaved law. I wonder if the ticket would stick...

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 12:03:56 AM »

Like I said, thats what FWC said, he said he patrols there.  It is a gray area.  He told us most of the time they just ask you to leave.  Unless you are being stupid.

I would definetly go out there w/ a 4x4.  theres a lot of holes, just dug up by trucks though.  Shoulda taken pics, but I was too busy riding trails having fun!

08 Brute 750
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 07:07:44 AM »

GO have fun there this weekend.I was just giving you a heads up.I used to live by there and I would usually ride there like everyday.Oh yeah engoy it while you can because that forest geys REALLY flooded.
hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 09:07:50 AM »

QUESTION. HOW ABOUT RIDING THERE ON A SUNDAY. WAT WOULD U GUYS SAY WOULD IT BE RAIDED BY COPS. OR WOULD I BE OK?

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
Raptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 11:34:37 AM »

The only time I have seen the cops out there is when jerks are ridding and racing on 8th street only. If you stay off the road you are okay.
hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »

OK THANX ILL BE OUT THERE NEXT SUNDAY I WISH THIS SUNDAY BUT I AM HEADING TO TAMPA FOR BUSH GARDENS. THANX GUYS FOR UR HELP!!!!!!!!!

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com