Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Palm Beach riders?  (Read 17142 times)
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2004, 12:23:32 PM »

Im looking for some new trails to ride on around west palm area. I know a few trails 1 on the turnpike around ockeechobee blvd u can see it from the turnpike, there is one off southern and 441, there is one near palm beach central high school. Any other trails withn 50 miles of west palm let me know im looking for new areas. Also when i drive down 95 towards boca i see lots of trails im not sure how to get back there to them though.
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 03:14:32 PM »

Hey whats up. The trails at okee and the turnpike they were handing out warnings there and sunday I saw an officer out there next to a f250 with a trailer so maybe he got a warning. Southern and 441 is that by the ford dealer. I thought that was getting run out. Haven't been there in 3yrs after i got warned. The one by glades rd and 95 i see also but don't know how to get there either. By the school never heard about that one so can't help you there sorry. I've gone down to the humps in Florida City with some members here. I go to River Ranch a lot. Most of the trails I use to go to aren't there anymore.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

Ya ill help you out my friend knows the directions but the 441 and southern we always go back there cause there is a rope swing, no 1 is ever there just park in the woods tons of trails through there. You ever ride out on 20mile ben?
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 08:50:44 AM »

no never rode out at the 20 mile bend. Is the place on southern by the ford dealer or is it the back way to banyan estates in between southern and forsest hill. I know that place closed down.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:20 PM »

its near the cemetary dont go back there alone though cause i know mostly everyone out there and if you drive by the rope swing rednecks will stop you so if you do wanna go out there sometime let me know.
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 06:00:39 PM »

also 20mile ben is probably the best place to ride its tons and tons of open dirt roads and feilds, mud pits. There is no houses or nothing out there so you wont have any problem with cops or wild life control.
mudman8024

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 08:30:40 PM »

Where do you leave your trucks out at 20 mile bend, does anybody ever mess with you riding out there.  What about the place off of southern by the cemetary?
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »

Its kinda hard to explain but we leave our trucks out in a field you cant really see them but yea we never are messed with out there by any officer. if you enter the cemetary and go to the back of it you will see the paved road go's off to dirt and grass follow it right then left back into the woods find a spot to park beware houses are around so you might hear from cops.
300exstangboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 11:35:57 AM »

Im looking for some new trails to ride on around west palm area...

Hey DAKOTA.. I know a good place close by.. I didn't see an EMAIL addresss for you, so youy can email me at rodco@rodcogroup.com

I usually try to ride twice a week.
Anyone else can email me also..
LAter
http://www.rodcogroup.com/300ex/tusk2.jpg
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 08:51:21 AM »

How do you get to 20 mile bend??? I live in West Palm Beach.

tvman
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 08:59:50 AM »

Palm Beach is a tough market for finding places to ride..

Please stay away from the place out there on Belvedere and Jog.. I did call the owner of the property and it has been sold to a developer that plans to build condos there...The FL Wildlife police are giving out warnings and such..

Here's this place out on Ocheechobee Blvd??

tvman
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 06:42:59 PM »

You live in jupiter so take turnpike south to Southern Blvd then go west until you reach twentymile bend.
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 09:29:11 AM »

Dakota:

You say just go west on Southern Blvd till I get to 20 Mile Bend??

How will I know when I'm there?? Is that a road name or something?  What do I look for?? Where do I park??

Help me out partner...

tvman
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 11:24:47 AM »

Yes follow southern blvd west past seminole prat keep going till southern starts to have a big bend in it right before southern starts headed north west turn left onto 20mile bend there is tons of dirt roads and sugar cane fields to ride on I dont know what that other dude said about a little lap that takes 30secs you can ride for miles on the dirt roads and through the surger cane fields. Its up to you where you wanna park if you see a nice place park there and ride.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 11:25:52 AM by DaKota » Logged
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 11:31:34 AM »

here is a map view
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 11:38:24 AM »

Dakota:

Thanks for the info.

I read that there's a cemetary that you can enter and go to the back of ....Is that at 20 mile bend??

So I guess you can just ride on the roads out there??

Are there any trails or jumps or anything like that??

tvman
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 12:03:32 PM »

No its not at 20 mile bend its about maybe a mile on the right when you turn off 441 onto southern its on the right hand side you enter the cemetary and head towards the back where the road ends its out in the woods but becarful because there is houses there so you might hear from cops. but 20mile bend is great place to ride turns of roads and trails through the surger cane fields.
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 06:02:05 AM »

Dakota:

Sombody else wrote that 20 mile bend only had a 30-second long track and not much else..

Is that true or have you been there??

I have a 12 year-old son that loves to ride trails and stuff...Is there enough there for a day of fun and riding??

tvman
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 11:25:27 AM »

I told you in a couple post back there is no tracks its dirt roads and surgar cane fields yes i have road there before.
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004, 06:13:24 AM »

Dakota:

Thanks alot...It sounds like this place is not worth going to for a day...Another member from WPB said it was really good so I wanted to put it out there again..

tvman
cdalepaul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »

you should of said something about bring your  kid,,  if you have a kid he prob. would like it but the track will be alittle dangerous if he is not comfortable with small hills. plus there are alot of canals that run along side of the dirt roads.. but I thought you where talking about adult riding...sry. it's kid aproved...Smiley

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 08:48:54 PM »

cdale is this the track thats hidden somewhere on 20milebend cause me and my friends heard there is jumps and crap back there but can never find the entrance to it.
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 07:29:06 AM »

Anyone want to go riding in the west palm area let me know. We could try the areas suggested. I have ridden years ago off southern and at twenty mile bend. I did not know of any track area. The area at forest hill and turnpike is too small. It is good for  kids though. I also have two kids that like to ride. I noticed some kids mentioned. customrubicon@yahoo.com   561-541-0996 Tony

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
cdalepaul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2004, 05:33:47 PM »

take southern west PAST lion country safari for about 2 miles you will see a blinking yellow light go past the intersection then take your first u turn lane left . which goes into the caine fields. you will see the little track on the left by the bridge there are really no jumps just little bumps in the track.
BTW plz don't ride on the highways with your bike have respect for the others who don't have a place to ride..thx

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 06:53:54 PM »

Na we know not to go riding around out on highways and crap we try to stay outa site. Today we went back into these woods that have trails it was at least a foot deep with water and plowed all through there. Friend on his CR 250 worked me with mud got out infront of me and let loose, I went from dry to soke in 1 sec with nasty black mud.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com