Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parkland  (Read 3058 times)
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »

I heard on the new radio yesterday that the city of Parkland in Broward had been approved to acquire 700+ acres into their city limits.  Once that is complete 600 of those acres are already speced for developement.

I'm not familiar with the parkland area, but I thought it boardered the everglades?

backinsaddle

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »

nope, it's in the middle of a bunch of towns,
2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »

It is bordered on the everglades to the west, but they are just taking land that was considered unincorporated. They took land that was $200 an acre and made it $500k an acre by putting a parkland address on it.

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »

I don't know about $200 an acre.  That land used to have a Boca Raton address connected to it but because it was south of the Hillsboro Canal, it was incorporated into Broward County and, thus, Parkland.  Your chances of ever riding a quad in Parkland without getting beat half to death by the cops is next to nil, unless you own one of the larger estates out there and ride on your own land.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »

LMAO, that land was never $200 an acre, ever! Furthermore, if you don't have a PHO sticker on your vehicle, you will get pulled over and harassed if you try and drive around in the neighborhoods.

digginfool: LMAO, beat half to death, right on brother.

It use to be fun to go over the dike back there, but those were different times.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »

LMAO, that land was never $200 an acre, ever!

No kidding, its called sarcasm and trying to exagerrate(sp?) to make a point. The land was however being sold for 5k an acre back when there was nothing but swampland in the late 70s early 80s. My parents wanted to buy at the time but didnt think anything would ever be built out there. the story of my life Cry

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:17:32 AM »

LMAO, that land was never $200 an acre, ever!

No kidding, its called sarcasm and trying to exagerrate(sp?) to make a point. The land was however being sold for 5k an acre back when there was nothing but swampland in the late 70s early 80s. My parents wanted to buy at the time but didnt think anything would ever be built out there. the story of my life Cry

I hear you. I use to ride it in during the 80's. My parents were going to buy some land near the end of McNab in the late 60's. I sure wish they would have.

Whats up with the end of lock road these days?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »

I was just gonna say, "does anyone remember McNabb Rd?" I was riding there EVERY Sunday in 1983 &1984 on my old faithful atc 90 & 110. Man those were the days. After a long day of mudding, we would park the atc's in the edge of the lake & wash them while swimming.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 08:10:09 PM »

pbsh, who cares about McNabb road, I used to ride with my parents and some neighbors on the land that is now the JW Marriot in Orlando.  We would ride all day, the set a campfire and cook hotdogs, wait till the sun went down and watch the fireworks from Sea World cause we were so close.

then one weekend we went out there, a HUGE mound of clay was there,,,,,it was fun to ride on for a few weeks, then they put a road through there,,,,,,John Young Parkway it's called now.

http://www.grandelakes.com/

that's the hotel, great place, but I miss my rides there.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »

pbsh, who cares about McNabb road, I used to ride with my parents and some neighbors on the land that is now the JW Marriot in Orlando.  We would ride all day, the set a campfire and cook hotdogs, wait till the sun went down and watch the fireworks from Sea World cause we were so close.

then one weekend we went out there, a HUGE mound of clay was there,,,,,it was fun to ride on for a few weeks, then they put a road through there,,,,,,John Young Parkway it's called now.

Id@

Well, one time in band camp.......nah forget it.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 01:40:19 PM »

Id@

...but did you ever ride McNab?? That is the million dollar question, because like I said in the other thread I was out there every day and all weekend pretty much it's entire existence, down to the very last square of rideable land. Wink and have a ton of old time pictures. That place was GREAT!!! Almost good as Hollywood Sporto.. Wink or exit 99 on the Turnpike. Oh yeAH!!!!

McNab extended from Southgate to what is now Flamingo and all of the Sawgrass Expressway. You could get to any of the riding spots we have today back then from there.

Again, thanks for the memories guys. Wink

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »

When you say Hollywood Sportatorium, wouldnt that also be considered Pembroke Pines. We rode there befpre McNab. I saw ALABAMA in the Sportatorium in 1983 & Van Halen in 1984. First time I ever saw the Bigfoot Monster Truck was at the old dragstrip out there, got an old picture setting inside the front rim. Back when the skunkape was running wild out there... Wink Those were the days for sure. Life in the glades is different from anywhere else in the state. That is the only thing I miss from S. Florida.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 02:01:43 PM »

When you say Hollywood Sportatorium, wouldnt that also be considered Pembroke Pines. We rode there befpre McNab. I saw ALABAMA in the Sportatorium in 1983 & Van Halen in 1984. First time I ever saw the Bigfoot Monster Truck was at the old dragstrip out there, got an old picture setting inside the front rim. Back when the skunkape was running wild out there... Wink Those were the days for sure. Life in the glades is different from anywhere else in the state. That is the only thing I miss from S. Florida.

You got that right. I thought everyone called it the sporto. I was at both those concerts as well, and later use to drink at the place across the street from there when riding Pines. We were just talking about that bar and I forget the name now..haha, skunkape.

First time I saw BigFoot was at Lockhart (Striker) LMAO Stadium though.

Those were the days, gas was  $.90 a gallon and the mud was every where.

Trust me when I say, you ain't missing anything nowadays here in good old Broward.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com