Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durhamtown for Memorial Day weekend...  (Read 4959 times)
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

3-5 of us are going to be there thur. (may 24th) thru Sunday in one of the campers/RV.  I believe Wild boar is the name of the RV.  If anyone is going to be there drop by and say hi.  There will be a orange kfx, blueish/purple yfz, black predator that are a sure thing.

Mark
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,23978.0.html

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
RedPred05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »

Hey there, iam going with a couple of duche bags. See ya there.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »

Anyone heading to Durhamtown please Read

http://durhamtown.com/

ALERT !!!  Police Harassment?

Do not come thru Union Point.  Do not use EXIT #138. 

Use EXIT #130.  Turn in Greensboro at the old Hardees to the left 

Follow for 11 miles and cross over Hwy 77 in Woodville   

Continue on the main road for 3.3 miles to the stop sign   

Turn left onto Randolph Church Rd and go 3.5 miles to DP

This is 1/2 mile closer and you will avoid Union Point Police dept. 

The Union Point Police have been harrassing visitors badly over the past 3 months with tickets for 3 miles over the speed limit,  tinted windows, blown trailer lights, blown tag light, etc.

Do not shop in Union Point, wait until Greensboro, when the businesses see the traffic passing thru and not stopping they will put more pressure on the Mayor to stop all this unnecessary harrassment

coastieoif

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »

I am planning a trip for October hopefully. we will be going from Fl to Coal Creek for a few days, then to Durhamtown.  we will be going through Athens, GA  does any one know about how far durhamtown is from Athens?  Any tips would be great as this will be our first trip to both places.

2 2007 Polaris Sportsman 500's
2005 Silver Dodge Ram 1500
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »

its 30 minutes south

310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 09:32:38 PM »

Anyone heading to Durhamtown please Read

http://durhamtown.com/
Do not shop in Union Point, wait until Greensboro, when the businesses see the traffic passing thru and not stopping they will put more pressure on the Mayor to stop all this unnecessary harrassment

A few weeks back we went up there to ride... I got sick and ended up missing my ride...
so I had to drive up myself the next day... got lost... at like midnight... low and behold...
WHO did I find to help me get to Durhamtown???  Union Point's FINEST!!!

I stopped and asked them especially since I read the warning message before I left Wink

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 09:52:41 PM »

I don't understand how when something good like DTP provides an economy for that broken down city why the cops would screw with people. If any thing they should be out there trying to guide people in to town.

We went to that grocery store in town and the dollar store. That is a lame excuse for a grocery store. It smells bad and is dirty. Why we didn't shop at home and load the camper up I'll never know. We're going back again this year some time and I'll guarantee you I won't stop in Union Point.

I wonder if Mike has thought of opened a little store there that you can at least buy eggs and bacon and other little supplies.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

I just got back and your better off just watching you speed and driving with the windows down if you have to. The new directions add about 30 mins to your trip. Other that that they also havent groomed the trails mush as they are spending alot of time working on the freestyle jumps.  Either way im sure you will still have fun but skipping union point isnt a must when they first opened they warned you not to speed through union point its no different now.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 10:16:58 AM »

I just got back and your better off just watching you speed and driving with the windows down if you have to. The new directions add about 30 mins to your trip. Other that that they also havent groomed the trails mush as they are spending alot of time working on the freestyle jumps.  Either way im sure you will still have fun but skipping union point isnt a must when they first opened they warned you not to speed through union point its no different now.

Yeah, they are very busy preparing for memorial day. The freestyle contest is paying out BIG money and they want the jumps to be perfect. I am sure the trails will be fixed before then.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
coastieoif

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

its 30 minutes south

THANKS!

2 2007 Polaris Sportsman 500's
2005 Silver Dodge Ram 1500
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »

I am planning a trip for October hopefully. we will be going from Fl to Coal Creek for a few days, then to Durhamtown.  we will be going through Athens, GA  does any one know about how far durhamtown is from Athens?  Any tips would be great as this will be our first trip to both places.
check out houston valley on your way to coal creek.
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 07:19:47 AM »

Flipping over DP
Come watch the freestyle guys do back flips at DP

PROJECT 9-6-1 FMX NATIONAL COMPETETION

BIKES & QUADS

MAY 26-27
                                                                  DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION

PPROJECT 9-6-1 radio station in Atlanta is sponsoring the 1st  FMX NATIONAL COMPETETION by donating                   $10,000 prize money to the Pro Riders    over $15,000 total money
                                    THEY WILL BE BROADCASTING LIVE FROM THE EVENT   

the Events are Also being sponsored by Tucker Rocky....Parts Unlimited....Oakley..... HJC.... ProCurcuit...Thor.....AlpineStar.......  others coming

below is a schedule of events

706-486-4603     CELL  706-318-1770   email    mikemc@durhamtown.com

FRIDAY 
Practice of all events

SATURDAY
9:00 am  --  poker run  begins last all day covering 4000 acres of Atv and Bike trails   family event
9:00 am-    12:00am   Amateur FMX practice
 1:00            Novice FMX competetion  awards imediately afterwards
 2:00           Amateur FMX elimination competetion
 3:00           QUAD PRACTICE
4:30            Poker run ends at lodge
5:00- 6:00   cash awards and prizes  for poker run
6:00- 8:00   steak buffet in lodge  $10
7:00- 8:00    Pro FMX Rider Freestyle Park competetion
8:00----------  Drink Beer and Party  Freestylers  at lodge

Sunday 
9:00 am-12:00          Pro FMX  practice
10:00- 12:00 am       1st round ATV Drag  Elimination
1:00 pm                      Amatuer FMX Finals
                                    QUAD FINALS 
2:00                            Pro FMX  Finals  (ramp to dirt)
2:30                            AWARDS
3:00                           ATV DRAG RACE FINALS
5:00                           CASH AND TROPHIES  for Drags
6:00                           Bar-B-Que Dinner
6:00                           Drink Beer and Party   

there will be no charge for the events to paying riders as usual    but ALL spectators or NON bike/atv operators will be charged  $10 saturday and sundayand  monday

10 yr old and under is FREE

all cabins are booked   

we are allowing RVs to run self contained all weekend   with a sewer truck coming in on saturday evening to empty RV tanks 

PLENTY OF TENT CAMPING AVAILABLE  ALL WEEKEND

Local motels have some rooms available  Exit 130  Greensboro  Jameson Inn  $69-$99/night   706-453-9135  MicroTel    706-453-7300   fi you stay in a motel  you may leave your bikes /atv at my house for security  free of charge

there will be extra porta- potties   added concession stand at event area   added Proshop/ T-Shirt stand  at the event
there will be some product vendors here   

I AM TOLD THERE WILL BE SOME BACK FLIPS  IN THE COMPETETION    RIDERS FROM ARIZONA - CANADA- FLORIDA  WILL BE HERE

Several Magazines will here doing stories and pictures     Several Video compaines plan to be here "On The Pipe"
" Fallout"

more info and questions answered on the Durhamtown Forum   "General "  see " PROJECT 9-6-1  FMX"
www.durhamtown.com

Also go to  www.project961.com for info as well

we will have  a hay ride shuttle from the parking area  to the event area and to the lodge

DP ANUAL MEMORIAL  POKER RUN

saturday  9:00 - 4:30  for card search   this year there will be a extra unmarked box for a extra card in the drawing
 $5 entry for the event   family friendly

all cash will be given away

5:00 sharp  drawing will start   cash to top 6 hands    then every one who has a card is in the sponsor prize drawings
lots of good stuff this year    Helmet   Loading Ramps  and alot more arriving daily

ATV/UTV DRAG RACES

THIS WILL BE A FIRST TIME EVENT
SUNDAY
10:00-12:00     ELIMINATIONS   WINNERS AND LOOSER BRACKETS    1 BUY IN FOR LOSERS $5
  register at the drag strip

3:00 UNTIL      DRAG RACE FINALS

CLASSES   
2- STROKE OUTLAW  run what you want        $$$CLASS                $15 ENTRY
2-STROKE STOCK                                           trophies  3 places      $10 ENTRY
4 STROKE  150 249cc  KIDS WELCOME      trophies 3 places      $10 ENTRY   
4 STROKE  250-449cc  STOCK                      trophies   3 places     $10 ENTRY
4 STROKE 450-700cc   STOCK                      trophies 3 places       $10 ENTRY
4 STROKE  OUTLAW   run what you want               $$$$ CLASS     $15 ENTRY

UTV CLASS
Any side by side     TROPHY 3 PLACES                                             $10 ENTRY

we may add more classes  if response demands it

REMENBER  THIS IS A FUN EVENT  THERE MAY BE SOME SANDBAGGING  WE WILL DO THE BEST WE CAN    WE ARE THERE TO HAVE FUN AS WELL

$10 ENTRY               

more info will come next week

thanks and hope to see you here

mike   dp       
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com