Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Rally (I am pissed)  (Read 15921 times)
RaptorKMA

« on: April 24, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »

I have been reading this site for over 2 years and I never had any desire to post a comment here, until now. I get home from work and i read the rally is being moved and maybe a different date. We had 12 people going to the rally. We all took off days from work and I personally took 2 vacation days. Do you people have any idea what you have done? Do you really think we are being treated fairly? I do not think we are. Then I read they knew this for 2 weeks. WTF

Now all I see is great job to the fearless leaders and how this rally has grown is great. You are doing a great job? I do not think so, this sux. Why didn't you tell us sooner? This is from anoriginal and it describes the leaders here perfectly. This is his quote by the way not mine.

"Seventh, you've failed at everything you've attempted. You've made zero impact. You've been ostracized by the jeep community and done nothing but make yourself look foolish with the ATV community. Nobody takes you seriously. You've proven over and over again how little you know yet, you continue to pipe up and make yourself look even worse.

There's nothing negative about moving the rally. We're all excited about it. We're making progress and I know that's something that you can't comprehend given the fact you've never made progress. You are a very sad person. I cannot imagine how awful it must be to live in your head. You've once again been crushed and made to look like the fool that you are. We don't want you. We don't need you. You bring nothing to the table. Nobody in the ORV community cares what you think nor do they want you around. You're a liability and not an asset. I hope that's plain enough for you to understand.

Now go away or I shall sass you a second time."

We were really looking forward to go to the rally and show our support for more riding areas. All I see is character assassinations on this site and nothing gets done. I know what you will do with my comments and you will all call me names. That is O"K because you can KMA. I am pissed.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »

I have been reading this site for over 2 years and I never had any desire to post a comment here, until now. I get home from work and i read the rally is being moved and maybe a different date. We had 12 people going to the rally. We all took off days from work and I personally took 2 vacation days. Do you people have any idea what you have done? Do you really think we are being treated fairly? I do not think we are. Then I read they knew this for 2 weeks. WTF

Now all I see is great job to the fearless leaders and how this rally has grown is great. You are doing a great job? I do not think so, this sux. Why didn't you tell us sooner? This is from anoriginal and it describes the leaders here perfectly. This is his quote by the way not mine.

"Seventh, you've failed at everything you've attempted. You've made zero impact. You've been ostracized by the jeep community and done nothing but make yourself look foolish with the ATV community. Nobody takes you seriously. You've proven over and over again how little you know yet, you continue to pipe up and make yourself look even worse.

There's nothing negative about moving the rally. We're all excited about it. We're making progress and I know that's something that you can't comprehend given the fact you've never made progress. You are a very sad person. I cannot imagine how awful it must be to live in your head. You've once again been crushed and made to look like the fool that you are. We don't want you. We don't need you. You bring nothing to the table. Nobody in the ORV community cares what you think nor do they want you around. You're a liability and not an asset. I hope that's plain enough for you to understand.

Now go away or I shall sass you a second time."

We were really looking forward to go to the rally and show our support for more riding areas. All I see is character assassinations on this site and nothing gets done. I know what you will do with my comments and you will all call me names. That is O"K because you can KMA. I am pissed.
LMAO Lisa? Viper? Bounty? AD? Which one of you is this.
If you have been reading this site for 2 years and just decided to register today ?
Name:  RaptorKMA
Position:  Newbie
Date Registered:  Today at 05:56:04 PM
Last Active:  Today at 06:52:21 PM
All I can say to you is Thanks for your contribution to the site, lol.

Now on to the rally, sh!t happens. There was an overburden of people and the track could not handle it. The association has done everything they can to keep this going. This was not something intentional. We all have lots of time invested into this event and believe me we didnt wanna change it. I dont get your quoting Anoriginal, he was talking to a specific member of the site.

You last statement about the character assasinations and getting nothing done, ummmmm......let me think, am I the one who has been "reading" this site for the past 2 years? Oh wait that was you not helping get anything done. There is plenty getting done. The Florida Atv Association is new (6 weeks old) and we have grown by leaps and bounds. Are you a member? If not shut your piehole and leave. I am sick of you people coming on here bashing whats being done and not doing a thing to help out.

lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:23:04 PM »

RaptorKMA, I have to take exception with what you are saying. I am the VP of the association and I found out late night yesterday. We are doing everything possible to make "our rally" as effective as we can make it. Unfortunately or should I say fortunately, the size of the rally has grown to a point where the track owners felt it could no longer be accomodated there. I can personally assure you that an alternate site is being looked at right now. I always believe that in life things happen for a reason and it's usually for the best. I know that
our Association has taken and continues to take pot shots from people that for whatever reason don't like this new entity.We are in our infancy, but I can tell you that the people on this board are extremely dedicated, not perfect,and give of their own time and money to further the cause for all the riders. I can only say "I'm Sorry" and I understand how you feel, but don't start to make this into a personal issue. I have said it before and I will say it again. The Train has left the station, you can stand by the sidelines and throw rocks at it, or you can jump in it and ride it until we get where we are going. It's your choice...

Rick Varela
VP Florida ATV Association
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »

I understand how you can be upset if you already requested for time off from work. I put in for the vacation time as well. I simply went back in and requested to change my leave dates. Everything worked out. I really really do understand that may not be an option for you, it is still some time away. This change really is for the better of everyone that planned and will still be attending the Rally. Please try and understand that...would you rather go to a place that is over crowded or someplace where there is room?

Your heading of this says No Rally - well that is not correct as you indicated in your post the date has changed. Has this caused some issues for some folks, I am sure it has. As I said above it effected me as well.

The character assisanation comment is not correct. You might read the site but keep in mind there is a lot that goes on in email, telephone calls as well as private messages through the site. Those things I am sorry you are not aware of. Lisa is a problem for not just this site but others as well. Before you go making judgement against all of us...ask yourself this question about Lisa - does she even own a 4 wheeler or dirt bike - NO we established that already. At one point we all welcomed her with open arms to join the association and be part of the solution instead of constantly trying to bring us down. However because she was not able to do just one specific thing she set out to do for the Rally, she wants no part of it. You are reading posts that state we have known about this for weeks, being a part of the association that is NOT TRUE! Lisa likes to lead people to beleive that she knows what goes on behind the scences by making assumptions and trying to read into things that are not true. I am sure she will send you a pm once she reads your post. That is your choice to choose what you beleive. I am not telling you not to be upset as you had plans already made - WE ALL DID!

Unfortunately we have to roll with the punches...this is all honesty is no sweat off you ass  - unless that is you helped us get the sponsors, passed out flyers, contacted the media, and put in half of the time that some members here have. Look at the crew that went out to help cut the trails at the old location...that was all volunteer time, not one of us is getting paid to this. Everyone that is associated with has taken time away from their jobs, their families and friends, not gone riding to make sure that things got done.

Your comment that you know what we will do with your comment is call you names that is not true. I at least understand that people will be a little upset.

The real question here is how much do you want to support what you beleive in? Are you willing to try and make it still? Will this still be a big event - sure it will!

Please join us

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
grizzlyranger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »

I know it sucks that they have to move and change the date but at least its not the state or what have u canceling it.  It just that there is so many riders in florida that wanted to go to support this rally so we can all have more places to ride locally and thats y they had to do it in a sense its a good thing.  It proves how big our atv community is here in florida. 

mine 07 green grizz 660 snorkeled tranny, winch, reverse limiter bypass, and 27 inch mudlites
dads 06 camo eiger fully snorkeled
http://floridaatv.com/
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:45:27 PM »

Let's give this guy a chance to prove he is legit.  Sir, please pm me your e-mail address, and or when you signed the guestbook (we had asked everyone to this) and you can silence everyone.  Wink
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:49:17 PM »

it all comes down to his inital post he took 2 days of vacation time and his buddies took days off sad but 1 good thing is you really have not taken anything off yet so dont take the days yet and just move them

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »

I too put in for vacation that week and am unable to change it but $hit happens. I can understand your frustration but at least you have those days off to ride. I will say that I feel sorry for the people that put all the time,money,and effort into making it happen on that date and I bet they feel alot worse than some of us "myself included" who just took the day off and had nothing else invested other than using a vacation day. I was one of the people that eventually chose to sit back on the sidelines not because I didn't care but because I felt that my attempt at contributing was blown off which in hindsight saved alot of embarrassment on my part.There will obviously be some negative fall out with the last minute change but if handled correctly there will be much more positives then negatives. I look forward to going to the Rally and hope it's as sucessfull as this one was gearing up to be.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:08:43 PM by CABLEGUY1 » Logged
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »

Gee Loven It, you never called me despite my attempts to talk with you.....does that mean  you don't have a phone?

Do you see how stupid that sounds? Just because I don't have an ATV, doesn't mean I don't understand your issue!  I left a directorship on the Fl4WDA because I was fighting to keep public lands from being bought with your tax dollars that you would never be allowed to ride on! Yeah, that sounds like someone just out to cause trouble!

Rick Varela is a good friend of mine, however, pointing out the truth behind the scenes may make him mad at me and I could lose another friend over you! Guess loyalty and standing for the truth don't mean much anymore?

(Gator, I was thinking the same thing, but with some companies being very large, raptorkma or others, might not be able to get the days off for the next date set for the Rally.)

Who has been telling you what Mr. Lint is all about? Would you even know the enemy if I hadn't been telling you who that is?

I didn't even say one thing about this blasted rally, till you told folks to jump in then see how many alligators are swimming in the water! Would you tell your kids to be friends with anyone, then see how they act? Why would you tell folks to do something you wouldn't ask your kids to do?

Character Counts, Personal Agendas count. Who a person is counts. I won't stand by and watch you and everyone else get lied to, no matter how many friends that I lose (I don't mean Rick here). My real friends won't back out on me and will understand that I won't let them be lied to by anyone, no matter the cost.

My comments will not stop the rally. I don't want them too. You have accused me (not in so many words) of wanting the association to fail, that is not correct either. All I want is for folks to know whom they are dealing with.

All of you need to understand that I haven't posted specifics out of respect for the Board and what they need to accomplish. Not every little detail needs to be brought out into the open, however, the members do need to see what the some members of the board think of not only them (the membership) but other Board members....Rick said he only found out a day or two ago...he is a Board member isn't he? He should have been told at the very beginning so he could help with the problem, not just before it is posted in public!

Please also note that my accusations are not being denied. If they are, I will post the whole information as I have it. I don't want to do that. I don't want to destroy the reputation of the Board because of the actions of a few; I just want the whole Board to know what the few think of them and to watch their backs so they don't get caught in the middle! I don't expect many folks to understand that, I guess you have to be caught in the middle to appreciate someone trying to keep you from being there.   

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »

Gee Loven It, you never called me despite my attempts to talk with you.....does that mean  you don't have a phone?

Do you see how stupid that sounds? Just because I don't have an ATV, doesn't mean I don't understand your issue!  I left a directorship on the Fl4WDA because I was fighting to keep public lands from being bought with your tax dollars that you would never be allowed to ride on! Yeah, that sounds like someone just out to cause trouble!

Rick Varela is a good friend of mine, however, pointing out the truth behind the scenes may make him mad at me and I could lose another friend over you! Guess loyalty and standing for the truth don't mean much anymore?

(Gator, I was thinking the same thing, but with some companies being very large, raptorkma or others, might not be able to get the days off for the next date set for the Rally.)

Who has been telling you what Mr. Lint is all about? Would you even know the enemy if I hadn't been telling you who that is?

I didn't even say one thing about this blasted rally, till you told folks to jump in then see how many alligators are swimming in the water! Would you tell your kids to be friends with anyone, then see how they act? Why would you tell folks to do something you wouldn't ask your kids to do?

Character Counts, Personal Agendas count. Who a person is counts. I won't stand by and watch you and everyone else get lied to, no matter how many friends that I lose (I don't mean Rick here). My real friends won't back out on me and will understand that I won't let them be lied to by anyone, no matter the cost.

My comments will not stop the rally. I don't want them too. You have accused me (not in so many words) of wanting the association to fail, that is not correct either. All I want is for folks to know whom they are dealing with.

All of you need to understand that I haven't posted specifics out of respect for the Board and what they need to accomplish. Not every little detail needs to be brought out into the open, however, the members do need to see what the some members of the board think of not only them (the membership) but other Board members....Rick said he only found out a day or two ago...he is a Board member isn't he? He should have been told at the very beginning so he could help with the problem, not just before it is posted in public!

Please also note that my accusations are not being denied. If they are, I will post the whole information as I have it. I don't want to do that. I don't want to destroy the reputation of the Board because of the actions of a few; I just want the whole Board to know what the few think of them and to watch their backs so they don't get caught in the middle! I don't expect many folks to understand that, I guess you have to be caught in the middle to appreciate someone trying to keep you from being there.   
it is Gato (Cat in english) not gator but that is ok simple mistake

2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

I too am unable to make it on june 23rd but because I will be on a cruise but if any other date is available I will be there I think it may be a good idea as it was said if the place can change but not the date and it was near by it would be easier for the people that show and were not able to find out about it til they got there on that date I would try like any fair grounds in orlando or near by if not then lets just show at some walmart parking lot lol

2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »

Shoot I am Happy!!!! I was trying to wait to get my knee done untill after the rally  but that didnt happen, now I can get my knee donr and still help and partisipate Grin

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.... I know you changed the date for me...well thats my story and I'm sticken to it.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 11:01:59 PM »

Some people are going to be happy at the changes, some people are going to be unhappy.

Some will not be able to come now, some will be able to come who could not before.

Some will have further to travel, some will have less, some will have about the same distance to go.

We all know this, it should not have to be pointed out, but there you go.

Just to clear up some things again, I am not going to keep posting the same things but...

Fact, the rally was not thought of, planned by or anything else by the association. It was thought of and mainly organized by one individual - Dreth.  I have also put in thousands of hours of my own time (and Dreth and I have put in more than a few dollars of our OWN money - not a penny of the associations).

The association was thought of and formed months after the rally was already organized. The legal formation of the association was about 6 weeks ago.

The association was formed to continue the momentum, Shawn had created with the rally. In fact on the very first post announcing the associations board on the 28th of February, that was exactly what I stated. Take a minute to read it, before you decide to try and tie the two things together.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,22202.msg276563.html#msg276563

Unhappy about the Rally? talk to me or Shawn personally, stop trying to discredit people (like the rest of the board) who had no hand in it.  Don't just post little snippy lies in a forum trying to make yourself sound like something your not. All you are doing is making yourself sound like something you are.

Fact is, I am sure we could have still held the rally at the track.  Would it be in the best interests of both the Speedway owner and the rally attendees, probably not.  After polling the associations board, as we respect their input - Dreth, Anoriginal and myself were the ones who ultimately walked away from the speedway, and I actually have proof of this.

We are planning on putting on a day that will be much more beneficial to nearly everyone.  You think you know all about that too, Lisa, wrong again. We have a few options at the moment some are fairly common knowledge and some only 3-4 people know about. Once we have figured out which one will be the best for everyone, we will post it. Hopefully, very shortly. It may be something you know about, or it may be something else. Either way, we will all have a great day, whenever and wherever it is - will you?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:40:16 AM by Paul_S » Logged
dreth

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 11:10:31 PM »

Some people are going to be happy at the changes, some people are going to be unhappy.

Some will not be able to come now, some will be able to come who could not before.

Some will have further to travel, some will have less, some will have about the same distance to go.

We all know this, it should not have to be pointed out, but there you go.

Just to clear up some things again, I am not going to keep posting the same things but...

Fact, the rally was not thought of, planned by or anything else by the association. It was thought of and mainly organized by one individual - Dreth.  I have also put in thousands of hours of my own time (and Dreth and I have put in more than a few dollars of our OWN money - not a penny of the associations).

The association was thought of and formed months after the rally was already organized. The legal formation of the board was about 6 weeks ago.

The association was formed to continue the momentum, Shawn had created with the rally. In fact on the very first post announcing the associations board on the 28th of February, that was exactly what I stated. Take a minute to read it, before you decide to try and tie the two things together.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,22202.msg276563.html#msg276563

Unhappy about the Rally? talk to me or Shawn personally, stop trying to discredit people (like the rest of the board) who had no hand in it.  Don't just post little snippy lies in a forum trying to make yourself sound like something your not. All you are doing is making yourself sound like something you are.

Fact is, I am sure we could have still held the rally at the track.  Would it be in the best interests of both the Speedway owner and the rally attendees, probably not.  After polling the associations board, as we respect their input - Dreth, Anoriginal and myself were the ones who ultimately walked away from the speedway, and I actually have proof of this.

We are planning on putting on a day that will be much more beneficial to nearly everyone.  You think you know all about that too, Lisa, wrong again. We have a few options at the moment some are fairly common knowledge and some only 3-4 people know about. Once we have figured out which one will be the best for everyone, we will post it. Hopefully, very shortly. It may be something you know about, or it may be something else. Either way, we will all have a great day, whenever and wherever it is - will you?
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 11:18:41 PM »

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bang Head Cursing Give Hell Flaming Grind Bonk Boxer Owie Deal Stern Smile Wacko Oops! TskTsk Crap WHY THE HECK CANT YOU ALL JUST STOP WITH THIS CRAP??!!!!!!!!!! GEEZE!!!!!!!!
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:12:30 AM »

South Florida will be happy to host the rally at the Holeylands. We have a seven mile long parking lot and a back drop that can't be beat, not to mention the price of admission.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:21:29 AM »

Somebody say,"Ho!!" Can I get a Blah Blah Blah...Sometimes I want just bold text and just ARGHRGHRGHRGH!! *(%#!*&_+(^^
Anoriginal

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 08:19:37 AM »

RaptorKMA:

Please read the information posted previously on why the rally was moved. It wasn't something any of us knew for sure two weeks ago. Again, the final decision was made this past weekend.

The Board has not been "officially" formed even today. The entire organization is less than 6 weeks old. We're planning our first formal meeting now. We're all volunteers doing our best. Moving the rally is a good thing for everyone involved.

Lisa:

Each time you post, your voice gets smaller and smaller and your lack of credibility gets larger and larger.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 12:10:13 PM »

RaptorKMA:

Please read the information posted previously on why the rally was moved. It wasn't something any of us knew for sure two weeks ago. Again, the final decision was made this past weekend.

The Board has not been "officially" formed even today. The entire organization is less than 6 weeks old. We're planning our first formal meeting now. We're all volunteers doing our best. Moving the rally is a good thing for everyone involved.

Lisa:

Each time you post, your voice gets smaller and smaller and your lack of credibility gets larger and larger.

well said matt
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »

Please read the information posted previously on why the rally was moved.

Could someone post me a link to this? I can't find it. Thanks.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »

My guess is that you are looking for this post.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,23815.0.html

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »

better to be pissed off than pissed on

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
450rcrazy

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

better to be pissed off than pissed on

I must agree.
Scramdaddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

One of my Dad's all time favorite sayings there.

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

I see you guys have never been to floridaatv...LOL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com