Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macs fish camp ride due to the cleaning of the Holeylands WMA.  (Read 4922 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

First a video. I expect to refine this technique in the future, but here goes:

Welcome to Macs:

Vultures are so cool, imagine how much road kill we would smell with out them.

See the Ford drag a Dodge home. Smiley

Never let a crazy girl you just met take your quad for a spin!!! Smiley

First thing she will do is 50mph up the 5 mph road, pissing off HER own friends..lol from me.. Evil

They say ATV's trash a place, LMFAO

Lets get it on!!!

OOOps, I zigged when I should have zagged...lol

BACK on. That is weird, brown poop mud. Yuck.

Fresh burn. Where did the trash go?

This place is hairy!!!

JackL, in the flesh

Hardcore!!

First good shot of one of these guys I ever got at speed, and him in flight!

Unknown box in the swamp, why shoot it?

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. Smiley

aNOTHER SAFE RETURN.

Macs from back, Very nice looking if you ask me:

Old time FBI monitoring station for air drug drops in the glades.

I'll bet you know what comes next.

With the guy wires long gone, this is a bit unnerving. Smiley

I wish I had my camera up there, awesome. A two pound copper lightning rod is also on top, imcase anyone needs scrap money. LOL

Not much holding it up. Must be deep in the muck!!!

Now THIS is a hazard!!!! Much glad I didn't ride into it.

Gators are my favorite!!! Hate to be the raccoon in the bushes. Smiley

I'm gonna get you!!!

[edit] Added a few pics I missed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:26:18 PM by JackL » Logged

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

No, Macs is on Krome about 2 miles south of us27

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:12:28 PM »

were is this mac camp.i know there are some trailer parks like a 3/4 mile from us27.

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----
backinsaddle

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »

were is this mac camp.i know there are some trailer parks like a 3/4 mile from us27.

across the street
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »

were at? i only know about the levee?

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

backinsaddle

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:59:31 PM »

never been there, but I believe across from the trailer park, you take the dirt road north (by the levee) until you come to the camp.  I've never gone beyond the levee, and the last time a rode there, years ago, I rode the south side.
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »

so its hidden from the road?so its not legal?

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

backinsaddle

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »

there's a big sign on Krome that says Mac's fish camp, can't miss it.  But yes, i believe the camp itself is hidden from the road, as stated, I never made it up that road so I don't know how far back in it is.
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »

is it legal?and were can you park the car at?

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

backinsaddle

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:23:54 PM »

don't know if it's legal or not or where to park, hopefully JackL can help

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »

I was wondering when someone would make some comments on this thread, I thought a new S. FL. riding site was discovered and I didn't get the memo.

Macs is about 3 miles down the bumpy gravel road across from the trailer park on Krome. Good guys down there with beer and ICE + some cool toys.

You can park right off the entrance from Krome, it is a big gravel parking lot, it is to the left (south) of the entrance of Macs.

There is a boat ramp there, that is where I rode in....the first pictures show that. Smiley Ran the swamp most of the time, only came up on the levy for a very brief time...I believe that isn't legal. I am coming out of the west swamp onto the levy in the video.

I BELIEVE the gravel road of Macs and the off the boatramp area are the only legal riding there, a few cool camps out there as well but I learned my lesson about giving secrets away. Smiley
Very difficult to reach em without a fulltrack or air boat anyway, as anyone who has ever looked down the levy knows.

Formerly, Macs was known for the east side which is quite cool, but is posted now and FWC will boof you if they catch you in there.

Thank the Homestead 2 stroke boys for tearing it up on Krome ave, the parking lot and everywhere else that brought the heat down on a great spot, all that is left is what you see in my pictures. It is freaking bone dry and it is still nasty there. Usually, the water is up to the top of that boat ramp where I am stuck.

A month ago me and my bud went out there at night, and a bunch of kids had a fire and were drinking in the parking lot. Two FWC trucks pulled up, said hi to me and went straight to them. They just watched us ride away.
I would like to know the exact status of the area myself.

backinsaddle

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »

i stopped riding there about 3 years back when I heard someone slashed FWC's tires, and they were on a rampage...haven't been back since.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »

i stopped riding there about 3 years back when I heard someone slashed FWC's tires, and they were on a rampage...haven't been back since.

I know. I have made a lot of really cool sport guys mad talking about the bad apples as a whole, but come on...who does something like that to the FWC...the guys who will rescue you in the swamp!!

I think the MX track has helped the Macs situation greatly, only UTEs play there now..well, by the looks of it, no one plays out there...I saw no fresh tracks.

bbf
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »

i stop riding out there a few years ago they were breaking into the trucks out there
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:01 AM »

i stop riding out there a few years ago they were breaking into the trucks out there

I only remember the rampage FWC went on out there a while back. I didn't even know they had that many trucks in S. FL!

I believe the owner of the good spot on the east side decided enough is enough as well, it is being cleared now anyway, so expect a walmart or something next to the gravel pit soon enough.. Sad

brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »

you can ride ou there in the swamp, but dont ride the power lines or the levee on the north side of the camp. i was ou there with a few others and fwc came after us with a helicopter. they states the powerlines is fpl prop and it is tresspassing. so the only legal spot is off the airboat ramp and the levee to the trailer park that belongs to keith and marshall. once you pass the yellow barricade, you are on your own.

2007 honda rancher
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »

you can ride ou there in the swamp, but dont ride the power lines or the levee on the north side of the camp. i was ou there with a few others and fwc came after us with a helicopter. they states the powerlines is fpl prop and it is tresspassing. so the only legal spot is off the airboat ramp and the levee to the trailer park that belongs to keith and marshall. once you pass the yellow barricade, you are on your own.

They had all the yellow barricades open. It felt like a trap. Smiley Luckly they were all tied up with the Holeylands fire, and I never really passed through any.

Off the boatramp is awesome, very nasty, but awesome none the less. Sure isn't cool like the north side...I sure miss the deep water entrance. Did a nighter out there about a month ago, it sucked anyway.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com