Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash at Planet Sand  (Read 5999 times)
methyman

Fastest TRX250R in SW FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2007, 05:43:47 AM »

I got this from Planet Sand this morning.Bansheechick wrote this!
Tony Farrow (I hope I spelled his last name correct) aka Bansheeboy crashed today during test & tune. I did not see the crash but know that a front spindle was broken and the front end of the bike dropped down and plowed the track until it flipped end over end.

I do not know for sure the extent of his injuries, but I am guessing he has a broken leg. I will keep you all posted if I hear anything else.

Let's all keep him in our prayers and wish him a speedy recovery.

I hope Tony is doing good and hope he has a speedy recovery.

methyman

Fastest TRX250R in SW FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:45:21 AM »

Nate Mc Coy wrote this
Tony is doing fine, thanks for all the prayer and concern. He will be back at the track tommorow to see everyone. His leg is cut/scraped and burned some, but not broken, thank The Lord.

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:58:56 AM »

WOW! thats what happened to me when I bought those drag spindles!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 07:30:16 AM »

get well,,,,then get back on the quad Tony.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »

WOW, Thank the lord above !!!!!!!!!!!!
Toni, We are praying for a speedy recovery brotha !!

Thanks for the post Matt!

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:26:27 AM »

don is calling nate to get some more information now.  freaking crazy, that boy can ride soo good, and he is the one that has the misfortune of breaking a spindle.  we are praying for ya tony.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »

FIRST OFF I HOPE TONY IS OK AND WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY! WHEN IS THIS SPORT GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE GOING DOWN THE WRONG ROAD! THESE BIKES ARE BEING BULIT WITH LIGHT WIEGHT SH!T THAT IS NOT SAFE. ITS TIME SOMEONE STANDS UP AND SAYS HOLD ON GUYS THIS IS NOT SAFE! THEY NEED TO HAVE A WIEGHT LIMIT JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MOTOR SPORTS. NHRA,NASCAR,INDY,ETC ALL HAVE A WIEGHT LIMIT.

TONY, I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON AND MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »

it was the purple bike that the spindle broke on.  that was an old ssr chassis that had a 10 mill cheetah in.  if anybody talks to tony, give us updates.  i don't have tony's cell phone or i would have already called him.  oh and if there is anything we can do to help him get his stuff back to GA, we can help.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

if there is anything we can do to help him get his stuff back to GA, we can help.
[/quote]
 ABSOLUTELY !!! We will make the trip to bring his stuff back for him !!!!!
 I tried to call Nate, But he must have been sleeping still. Thanks for the update Smokie. I am sure someone will have good news for us soon !!!!!!!

I would agree with ya jeff. But, thats gonna be hard to patrol. We also have to understand that, things like this are POSSIBLE, and could happen to any of us at anytime. Thats the nature of the beast.

Still praying for ya Toni, hang in there  Wink

The " Black Pearl "
bansheeboyswife

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »

This is Leah, Tony's wife. He says he is doing okay, but you know he isn't going to tell me the truth b/c he doesn't want me to worry. He is in alot of pain on the right side of his body - it took the fell. He said that his ankle hurt the most today, but he is cut, scraped and bruise from his right knee down to his ankle. He and Rodney are on the way back to the track today to watch the race and get everything loaded back up and I've told him to get on home tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers that he will have a speedy recovery. Thank you all for your concerns.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »

glad to hear he is out of the hospital and atleast back at the races. leah thanks for the update on everything. i just got off the phone with frank and gave him the update. i know frank left a few messages on tony's phone. you guys travel safe home and let us know if we can help in anyway. tell tony to keep his head up, and I have confidence that he will be back riding very soon. have him call frank after 7 pm tonight if he is up too it. frank was really concerned this morning when we called him and gave him the news.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
bansheeboyswife

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:59 PM »

I'm not with him at the track, I had to stay home here in GA. That's why I've very concerned about Tony getting home b/c I really think he is hurt worse than he is letting on. I will be talking to him later this afternoon and give him the message about calling Frank. Thanks again for your concerns.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »

Oh, that sucks leah.  Well if you need some of us to talk some sense into him, tell him to call us.  I know you have to be pulling your hair out right now.  If we need to do anything let us know.  I know Rodney will take good care of him while he is out there.  I know Lupo talked to him just a minute ago, so hopefully Lupo can give us more details about the wreck.  Definetly will be in the back of all of our minds during the next few months.  You never know when it is going to happen.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 05:21:55 PM »

Thanks for the update Leiha. I know Toni might not let on that he is hurting worse than he says, BUT thats a guy thing.
  I know you must be on pins and needles Not being there, BUT hang in there. I know Rodney will take care of him !!!!

Keep us posted with whats going on, and if you all need anything dont be afraid to speak up !!!!!!!
                     Dyno

The " Black Pearl "
tribal_shee

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 12:20:27 AM »

yes I did talk to Tony today and it was a pretty nasty crash. He sounded good but I think he's in a little shock or it just hasn't hit him yet. They say he was shot about 25 ft in the air at about 80 mph with his bike right behind him in the air. one of the worst crashes seen.

for the record the spindle didn't break on it's own. The bike started driffting to the left to the guard rail, he in turn tried to lean to the right to correct it but was too late and got over into really soft part of the track and when the front end came down the left front tire sunk and snatched the bike to the left in turn breaking the right side and then the whole front of the bike dug into the track about 3ft needless to say the bike stopped instantly shooting him into the air and then the bike. what sucked is that it was the last pass he was gonna make, he said the bike was on it he had just run a 3.83 @ 83mph, and hadn't been beat yet even against some real big motor bikes, so he wanted to make one more and said that it was a better pass than the one before! at least he will be able to race another day! said he'll be back no worries just got to heal up Cool

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

HOLY CRAP !! Thanks for the post Mike, Glad that someone had the chance to talk to him, and that he is really o.k. !

The " Black Pearl "
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »

I want to thank all you guys for talkin with my wife .The whole time I was gone it keeped her busy not worring about me.Well when I first talked to lupo I relly wasnt sure what happenend. And I thought it was the right spindel but it was the left one The spindel is what really caused the wreck In the video they said they saw the tire go one way then the bike nosed dived and throw me then the bike went end over end. Thats the reason the wheel snatched to the left cause it had no tire.lol But I put them spindals through some abuse it could happen at any time. so you guys keep a good eye on them just in case.iam still in a lot of pain and my right leg and foot is twice as big as my left but when all the aces go away I will be all right that 10 hour drive home was murder. glad to be home. I have some good pics and vids willl post some later. Thanks to all you guys for your concearns.. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »

tony glad to see your home.  tell your wife, sorry i didn't call friday night to get your phone number, but i got really busy and was out of town all weekend.  i will get your cell phone number some time this week.  yeah, i was talking to don and troy, saying the ride home is going to be the worst part for you. atleast rodney was with you to take care of you man.  get to feeling better soon.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
cam2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »

Tony, we're glad to hear that you're alright, other than the lingering pain of course. get some pain meds and you'll be fine. get well soon.
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »

Thanks guys yall great. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »

Yeah, Glad to see you made it home safely !!!!!!! I will tell you this Toni, I went out and took the tires off my bike just to check the spindles !!!!! In fact every bolt has had the once over now!

Anyawy, Again , Glad your home, HEAL up quickly Wink

The " Black Pearl "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com