Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEST PALM BEACH DONT GET CAUGHT  (Read 13027 times)
stick_rider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:48:44 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry  JUST CAME FROM COURT IN WEST PALM FOR TAKING MY KID RIDING OFF EXIT 99 TURNPIKE ON SAND
AT THE END OF THE DAY COPS CAME IN GAVE MY FRIENDS ANDI ARREST FORMS SIGN THEM AND HAD TO GO TO COURT COST WAS 190.00 EACH X 3 WEST PALM SAID THERE IS NO ATV RIDING ALOUD ANYWHERE THERE SO BEWARE [smiley=Angry.gif] [smiley=Angry.gif] [smiley=Angry.gif]
ForeWOMAN_450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 01:02:14 PM »

Yeah, GOD FORBID, you were out doing something with your kid instead of out buying/selling drugs, stealing, etc. while your kid was at home in front of a TV!!!  It really stinks that you can't just go somewhere and have some clean (or dirty) fun with your kid!  Were there "No Trespassing" signs posted???
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 01:07:50 PM »

Most of the areas off of the turnpike are posted and some are posted and fenced.

Were you riding near the high shool or off Jog ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 01:09:24 PM by customrubicon » Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 02:41:19 PM »

WE WERE RIDING JUST SOUTH OF OKECOBBE BLVD JUST ON RIGHT OF TP A LOT OF BIKES NON 4X4 THERE IS THREE TRACKS SOME ONE MAD FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD THE FIRST OWNER LET THEM RIDE THERE SO I WHENT THE COPS SAID THERE ARE NEW OWNERS THAT CALL EVERYDAY TO DO DRIVE BUYS
bbf
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »

that a 2 wheel track over there  to small for 4 wheelers
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 02:45:58 PM »

NO THER WERE 4WHEELERS RACE CONDTIONS BURMS AND JUMPS SUGAR SAND
wired2ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 05:39:56 PM »

bummer we're aloud to ride on the sarno extension which theres a lil track right off the exact. get fined if ur riding on road without gear and flying but theres always bikes and atvs there riding around.
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 08:14:48 PM »

West palm bch county has a NO ATV law on the books for over 10yrs, there will never be a ATV park in West palm. hell the county spends big $$$$$$ on atv enforement, { atvs cops,4x4 trucks, and helicopter partol} what a waste of tax payer $$$$$$$$$.   Angry
bbf
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 04:07:02 AM »

they have nothing better to do
tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 12:28:28 PM »

Thanks for the info.. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I just passed by the Jog/Belvedere tracks this past weekend and saw at least 50 bikes and ATV's out there.

WPB is a tough place to ride..You need to own land or know somebody that does..

The MAN has nothing better to do than to bust up the good guys and let the real criminals keep stealing and hurting innocent people...

But on the other note, if it was your property and you did not want the liability of people potentially getting hurt and suing you for everything you own...you might call the cops too...

Sorry to hear about your problem..

tvman

gofastmatt2

Just 4 fun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »

Stick- I think I talked to you yesterday at court. What makes me laugh, when they asked me if I wanted to do community service hours. I live in the Acreage and pay plenty of taxes, now they want me to work for them to!!! My buddy & I were thinking worse it was going to be, maybe $50. I couldn't believe when they said $190 court cost. It was funny, my buddy and I could tell exactly who was there for riding.
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »

YEA ITS ME WEST PALM SUCK AND YES THEY SPEND LOTS OF
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ON THERE TRUCKS AND ATV SAW FORD LIFTED 10" TIRES AND ALL AND A BRAND NEW GRIZZ TIRES AND ALL FOR WHAT 190.00 FINES IT PAYS FOR ITS SELF WISH I HAD THAT JOB I WOULD JUST GO RIDING AND MUDDING
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 03:35:47 PM »

TVMAN   I KNOW YOUR RIGHT BUT ON THAT SAME NOTE PEOPLE OF ARE SELF KNOW THAT WE ARE RIDING OFF ROAD BIKES AND IT SAYS ( RIDE AT OWN RISK) THESE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUING AR A  S  S  H  O  L  E  S    OR  THE PARENTS  OF THEM HAVE ISSUES
customrubicon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »

The property off jog that you are talking about is fenced and posted NO Trespassing. It is posted on here all the time not to ride out there.

I am sorry that you got a ticket.

It does not have to be this way. If Florida would relieve the property owners from liability like they do the equestrian community. All the equestrians have to do is post specific ride at your own risk signs. They are more detailed than that but you get the jist.It does not matter even if you sign a waiver at the present time or what you post as a property owner. You are liable if someone gets hurt.  

I host an event on my property in Michigan three times a year and have to pay $ 1,800.00 in insurance to do so. I do it so I do not lose my 90 acres if someone gets hurt and sues me. It is a by invitation only event but you never know.. It really does suck.

My new career change will be 4wheeler patrol for PBC what a dream. I would get fired for not arresting anyone and riding all day with pay.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 04:07:47 PM by customrubicon » Logged

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
customrubicon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »

Stick- I think I talked to you yesterday at court. What makes me laugh, when they asked me if I wanted to do community service hours. I live in the Acreage and pay plenty of taxes, now they want me to work for them to!!! My buddy & I were thinking worse it was going to be, maybe $50. I couldn't believe when they said $190 court cost. It was funny, my buddy and I could tell exactly who was there for riding.

Where did you get your ticket at ?

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 05:17:22 PM »

EXIT 99 OKECHOBEE BLVD  JUST SOUTH OF 99 ON EAST SIDE
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 05:22:54 PM »

HEY CUSTOM YOU SOUND LIKE A COOL GUY ITS SAD THAT U HAVE TO PUT UP MONEY FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE IF I GET HURT SO BE IT WHEN I SHATTERED MY KNEE SKIING I WOULD NOT EVEN THINK I COULD SUE BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO TRY BUT WHEN U BUY THAT TICKET U DONT HAVE A CHANCE IN H E L L
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 05:30:34 PM »

I host an event on my property in Michigan three times a year and have to pay $ 1,800.00 in insurance to do so. I do it so I do not lose my 90 acres if someone gets hurt and sues me. It is a by invitation only event but you never know..

Not to get of your subject but where in Michigan? Im from Whitehall and 1 day I will take my quad to Silver Lake. Never got a chance to go there... :-/

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
customrubicon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »

I am an hour west of Detroit about 3 1/2 hours from Silver Lakes Dunes. It is nice but sometimes at the dunes you wait in long lines just to get in. I usually ride at the Mounds in Mt. Morris in the summer months.

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
customrubicon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 04:20:40 PM »

HEY CUSTOM YOU SOUND LIKE A COOL GUY ITS SAD THAT U HAVE TO PUT UP MONEY FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE IF I GET HURT SO BE IT WHEN I SHATTERED MY KNEE SKIING I WOULD NOT EVEN THINK I COULD SUE BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO TRY BUT WHEN U BUY THAT TICKET U DONT HAVE A CHANCE IN H E L L

I am allowed to have 100 riders, 10 campers and as many tents as necessary. I do take donations but many local companies help pay for the insurance including my business. I do not want it to sound as I pay for it out of my pocket.

Another guy near me does the same thing for a professional rodeo to be held at his place. It works well.

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
4xPlay

Official Honda Recovery Unit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 05:20:25 PM »

Stick...you say wpb sucks,but yet you came up here to ride,if you dont like it,stay down south......
YEA ITS ME WEST PALM SUCK AND YES THEY SPEND LOTS OF
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ON THERE TRUCKS AND ATV SAW FORD LIFTED 10" TIRES AND ALL AND A BRAND NEW GRIZZ TIRES AND ALL FOR WHAT 190.00 FINES IT PAYS FOR ITS SELF WISH I HAD THAT JOB I WOULD JUST GO RIDING AND MUDDING

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
gator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 07:31:31 PM »

All tickets in WP are expensive. Got a ticket for no tag on trailer. 72.50. WOW. Hey stick, PLEASE stop typing in CAPS. Hard on the eyes.  And besides, it considered a form of hollaring on the web.
prnstar123

let's ride!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 09:18:58 PM »

Thanks for the info.. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I just passed by the Jog/Belvedere tracks this past weekend and saw at least 50 bikes and ATV's out there.

WPB is a tough place to ride..You need to own land or know somebody that does..

The MAN has nothing better to do than to bust up the good guys and let the real criminals keep stealing and hurting innocent people...

But on the other note, if it was your property and you did not want the liability of people potentially getting hurt and suing you for everything you own...you might call the cops too...

Sorry to hear about your problem..

tvman

four of them were my family and I.. Grin luckily no problems with LE. oh ya and the gates were open!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:21:22 PM by prnstar123 » Logged

2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 05:20:48 AM »

gates were open when we went did not see any no tresspassing signs till we left on the tp side if we ride atv no one should be sueing any one RIDE AT OWN RISK [smiley=angry2.gif] [smiley=angry2.gif] [smiley=angry2.gif]
seaviper

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 05:51:46 AM »

Think about this guys, it COSTS the cops $$ to catch criminals, but it PAYS them $$ to catch us out riding with our family. We all have jobs and lives so they know we'll pay the fines. The criminals don't pay anything.

Polaris 700 Twin, Warn 3000lb winch, Lowrance iFinder Hunt GPS,Continental double ATV trailer
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com