Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAND PADDLE TIRES??  (Read 11635 times)
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:19:07 PM »

we got stopped for having paddle tires on some of our machines, the rangers told us that they are going to out law them becouse they are wrecking the enviroment, whats the deal?? the trails ARE SAND! in my opinion a dirt tire constantly spinning trying to hook up  causes more damage than a paddle tire wich gets all the available traction in the sand, they said that they would rather have all stock type tires on machines, well then it wouldnt be worth even ridng as some machines have pretty worhtless tires mounted on them stock, and you would be jsut getting stuck everytime trying to go anywhere. SO can any one shed some light on the subject?

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »

I have never seen any tire restriction rules for Ocala. I have 2 different sets of paddes though and have never even considered running them in Ocala. Bikes dont handle or turn that well with paddles on.  I cant think of anywhere that you would "need" paddles, its sandy but its all FLAT.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »

whats all flat??  ocala?? lol! dont think so!! that place has so many whoops the only place flat is the roads and even they are warped up.

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:04:03 PM »

Agree, there is a whoop or 2 or 2 million and there are some deep ones, but I have never seen a whoop that required paddles to climb.
 By the way, I'm not ragging on you nor do I care if you run paddles. I just personaly dont trail ride with them. Me and Mr. Tri-Z can take you somewhere that you do NEED them though.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
KB

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:45 AM »

Funny you say that about paddles 'cause last time I was there(few months)I was parked in B.S. campground & seen the little guy & that big lady in the green dakota stopped at the stop sign. They turned around & I said here they come,we were sitting at the picnic tables, they pulled the truck next to us & was looking at my banshee w/ paddles & asked me "what kind of tires are those ?"
I said there just for the sand, They were like ok & left. But I thought it was weird after they left I was wondering Huh

Now I know what they were gettig at.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »

I guess now the Rangers will start making up laws to run us out of ONF now.......
Whats next, are we going to have to convert to propane ran cycles due to the Ozone being depleted.
Go Atv Rally, we need more legal riding areas so that ONF will not be an issue anymore....

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

there aint any rules about them that I know of,,,kinda sounds like a harrassment thing for now.

I agree with Chillin, I had paddle tires for a little while on my 400 and decided to try to trail ride with them and ended up almost running into a bunch of trees cause I couldn't turn.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »

there aint any rules about them that I know of,,,kinda sounds like a harrassment thing for now.

I agree with Chillin, I had paddle tires for a little while on my 400 and decided to try to trail ride with them and ended up almost running into a bunch of trees cause I couldn't turn.

Id@

WELL depending on the type of paddle tires yea its harder to turn, but if you have geckos or paddle masters (i have them) they turn just like any other tire, I enjoy using paddle tires down there, we got a couple guys on trikes including me with paddles and we do just fine, and a couple quads, my girfreinds blaster and one of my buds kids 250 uses paddles and they have no problem. But besides that has anyone else had a problem with rangers saying something about paddle tires?? net time I go down there, they are going to have to show my something written in the rules for paddle tires before I will take them off, if I have to I will get some Zippers and really shoot some roost!

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 06:54:19 PM »

If it makes you happy, I say run them. There are no tire restrictions in writing YET. I'm sure its just a matter of time though.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
350x_rider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »

watch out with paddles.I got a ticket for destroying sensitive areas when I was sitting parked on the power line.1 ranger told me the tread had to be less than 1in.my tires are under that.the dude that wrote me the ticket did not have a ruler or care.he did not see my machine move.I have my stickers,stay off roads,wear my helmet and plan on buying my pass in oct.I am one of the good guys.I tried to tell the guy about the f250 I saw dumping roofing stuff earlier,but he did not care.also when I got the ticket I saw 2 people racing up 573,all he said was that they should not be doing it.forestry also told me people like me are not wanted in the forest.I showed him a bag of cans that I picked up that day like I always do.I had my 11 year old son with me and he was like "what did we do dad".I am sorry to vent but it seems like the rules only apply to the people who try to do the right thing.the day before my ticket I saw a guy on a 450r run from the cops and they just let him go.forestry is going to turn good people bad because of their poor understanding of the rules.the usfs needs to train the people they have enforcing the rules.I am riding next weekend without my paddles.I will not let one bad ranger spoil the fun my family has out there.
KB

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »

If I was a Ranger or whatever there called theres no way I coulda done that unless you were actin a fool like doing donuts in the middle of the trail or somethin.
Especially if you had your kid w/ you & a bag of trash that you picked up.

Maybe just to easy of a target for him, knowing you were stopped & w/ your kid.
dreadhed

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »

Curtis when did that happen this last weekend?  Plan on fighting it in court?  I would.  Some of those rangers can be biggest jerks out there.  Just another rule to run people out.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »

check the new regs I posted.  They only want lugs of 1" or less as they do not move the sand as much.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
FLA.SHEE

lil' ol' YFZ 350R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »

Id@

WELL depending on the type of paddle tires yea its harder to turn, but if you have geckos or paddle masters (i have them) they turn just like any other tire, I enjoy using paddle tires down there, we got a couple guys on trikes including me with paddles and we do just fine, and a couple quads, my girfreinds blaster and one of my buds kids 250 uses paddles and they have no problem. But besides that has anyone else had a problem with rangers saying something about paddle tires?? net time I go down there, they are going to have to show my something written in the rules for paddle tires before I will take them off, if I have to I will get some Zippers and really shoot some roost!

yep i got some cheepo gecho's for my shee, turn good & wont break the wallet if i get a root stuck in them... i love 'em, well now i guess i need to measure them maybe do a few burn outs in the drive way to get below 1" ( better get down to 3/4' so there's no grey area!) Huh
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 06:16:07 PM »

well I guess Im going to buy some zippers or 4snows now to ride with. what can they say about a snow tire? only has 3/4 tread? its not a paddle tire,  hehehehhehe

KB

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »

if you really want to go old school get you some Spider Traks.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »

naw, Dirt Dawg's

or what I had, Trail Claw II's on my Suzuki LT230

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 11:51:39 PM »

if you really want to go old school get you some Spider Traks.

Wow way to bring out some memories of tearing the through the fields near my house in Maine. I had a set of those on my 200X as a kid

Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
KB

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:49:28 AM »

Or Wooley Boogers (somethin like that), they were good in the mud back then.
I had a '84 200S w/ pull start(darn rope, some people would replace w/ a cable)
then a 85 200X, that was sweet w/ the rear shocks & kick start.
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »

Seriously could I use a set of zippers out there now? and what about out of state riders grizzly? and out of state under 16 kids?

GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »

First of all,  what are zippers?  Out of state or in state residents are treated the same, and after July 1, 2008, even out of state under 16 will have to prove they have taken the safety course.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
KB

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

I didn't know what they were either, I put in "zipper atv tires" in the google search box, & there a tire made by AMS, you can see a pic. of them.

BTW, thanks for your input/feedback, I don't know anything about you but,
 I got the feeling your in a tough situation, kinda like a tug of war or somethin.
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »

BTW, thanks for your input/feedback, I don't know anything about you but,
 I got the feeling your in a tough situation, kinda like a tug of war or somethin.

is this towards me?

any way here is a zipper, the tread is only about 3/4 tall new

so if your under 16 you will have to show that you completed a atv safety course there in ocala or in your home state?

personaly on the sand tires, I think OCALA has it all wrong, wouldnt a tire that dosnt get all avail traction tear up more ground? that seems logical, Ive never felt like my paddles were tearing up the ground any more than some guy on a bone stock machine witch crappy stock tires spinning like crazy trying to even get going in the sand. Also on the proof of ownership I have paperwork signed by my local sherrifs office on some of my machines stating that I own them, but some dont even have vins any longer, whats going to be the deal then? (meaning that the machines were scratced built and either metal work or paint has erased the vins over the years)

sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »

bump, I want to know Kiss

sykolincoln
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 10:46:43 PM »

im sorry.....let me clear my throte

BUMP!!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com