Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: @ florida/georgia line,where do I ride????  (Read 5991 times)
MIRACLEMAN

FIGHT FOR ATV RIGHTS, AND RIDING FOR ALL!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2004, 06:33:19 PM »

My whole family just got quads, and we are taking turns killing eachothers grass! I am from Maine, and up there, we could ride about anywhere. Down here, I am having a hard time. I know about the alapaha river bed, and that is good riding, but is there anything else? It seems like all the land is hunting clubs.Help, I need suggestions!

KAW-BRUTEFORCE 750....ME
HONDA-RANCHER 350....WIFE
KAW-BAYOU 250....DAUGHTER
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:17:13 PM »

About the next closest legal place I know of is Osceola Natl. Forrest off I-10 near Lake City. Other than that I don't know of to many places in that area.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
booch1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 12:58:35 PM »

I'm just over the florida line in yulee, what part of maine were you from I grew up in lisbonfalls

02 prairie 650
04 ozark  250
93 bronco
00 excursion
76wife
wakulla ram

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 02:11:42 PM »

depending on how far you want to drive? if tallahassee is not too far for you then there is a place over here that you and you kids can ride. people from all ages ride there... i'm speaking of springhill rd. pits. you ride there or trail ride from there (but, bring a gps because you will get lost). i've met people from valdosta, thomasville and albany there. i don't know how far lakepark is from here but, i do see ads on tv from lakepark. if you do decide to go and try it let me know i will be glad to show you around in fact we (a group from here and northfloridaatv.org) are going riding there this sunday and your welcome to join us.

2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.
DarkFireDragon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 11:42:43 PM »

where abouts is this Springhill Road Pit.

04' Yamaha BearTracker Steel Blue

"A fool will learn nothing from a wise man, but A wise man wil learn much from a fool"
MIRACLEMAN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 05:44:54 AM »

Thanks for the replys. I don't get on this damn computer very often, so sorry for the delays.
  The oceola forest sounds pretty cool. I have heard from others about it. Are there maps available, are they strict,can you camp...fill me in.
   Tallahassee sounds good as well. I don't know if I am closer to it, or to lake city. If you can, take me from 90...then where?
   Where in Maine..let's see... I spent some of my tiny years in Raymond, then Windham. My teen years were in the Limington Standish area. Lisbon Falls? It sort of rings a bell, but it has been a good 12 years since I have been up there so things are a little foggy

KAW-BRUTEFORCE 750....ME
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 05:06:49 PM »

Thanks for the replys. I don't get on this damn computer very often, so sorry for the delays.
  The oceola forest sounds pretty cool. I have heard from others about it. Are there maps available, are they strict,can you camp...fill me in.

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Well  i have phone number   i'm over here in mcalpin  FL there some  nice secret places ride over here.but i enjoy alot atv riding over here.

oh here's  phone  number  for the oceola nat forest to get offroad maps you can come pick it up free  or mail it will cost you 6$dollers  send by mail.I wish got the maps for  free on my pc to print out. [smiley=Unhappy.gif]

osceola national forest

osceola ranger district
P.O  Box 70
olustee FL 32072
386-752-2577

thanks,
from,amhighlander

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
scoobie

"They call me 'TATER SALAD'! "

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 05:56:01 PM »

hello miracleman.....i`m a newbie also....just bought my first quad a couple of weeks ago.... i live in lake city and i, too, am somewhat frustrated with the fact that every piece of land and every dirt road and trail have such restrictions that i questioned the fact of shucking out 70 duckies for something i could just about can only ride in my yard was really a very smart decision...(3/4 of an acre isn`t much room) and you can only go back and forth so many times till your bored with it......but after much research and talk with friends and others with quads, i have realized that there are numerous places in the north and central florida area that offer great riding for quads.... as for the osceola, miles and miles of great riding can be found there and within 45 minutes to an hour from lake park....tallahassee is a bit farther, i would say an hour-and-a-half to two hours from lake park....... i am really amping on getting together with some fellow atv`rs to explore all the avenues available to us......alaphaha river will eventually drain down and i hope to be the first one in....i hope we have the oppertunity to meet up and ride soon.....scoob....

Scoob....
MIRACLEMAN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 07:14:42 PM »

Hey scoob, thanks for the reply. Sorry about the delay, I am not the computer guy in the family, so i don't get here much.
   I checked out the oceola since my last post, and I wasn't impressed. I am sure there are places there, but where I went in, You spend more time loading and unloading from trail to trail than you do riding. You are restricted on alot of area, and the area's that you aren't are not connected.
  Now Croom is a different story. I went there with my wife and daughter last weekend, and we loved it. There are tons of trails of all types of terrain, and tons of really nice people of all ages riding anything you can think of. In case you don't know about it.... It is off exit 301 off 75. It is right off the exit so it is easy to find. You buy a sticker for your atv for $40, and that is good for a year of going. They have a camping area if you want to camp, and that is $13 a day. Make sure you get there early fri morning because the sights they have are gone right off the bat. If you don't want to camp, there are countless places to park and unload and you can ride all day and not cover all the terrain. I really had a ball.
    I am going to check out Big Scrubb next. I am told that is better than Croom. When I do, I will let you know. Also, if you haven't heard, the alapaha river is a ball too. It is flooded right now, but it dries up and makes for really cool riding.

KAW-BRUTEFORCE 750....ME
Vegas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 08:59:12 AM »

Hey MiracleMan,

I just spent the week up at Big Scrub in the Ocala National Forest, and it's awesome.

We rented a cabin about 5 minutes drive from the Big Scrub area on a lake. (Check Lake Dorr Cabin on an internet search).
It's clean, has a complete kitchen, private dock and boat ramp (perfect if you have jet skis). It would be perfect for a family/families vacation (sleeps 10). It's done by lottery, but call and you can ask if they have any weeks available.  
The place has sooooooooooo many trails, you can't see them
all.

I highly reccomend it.

Peace Out
Vegas
MIRACLEMAN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 07:11:54 AM »

Thanks vegas. If I get the bearings finished in my motor home, my wife and I are planning to go this weekend. The cabin sounds cool as hell. If I can get the rest of my "clan" together we will probably try that rather than the camper. Can you take any trails from the cabin to the riding area, or do you have to trailer from there? This is important because when all of us get together, there are 5 or 6 quads and carting them around is a pain in the ass.
     Anyway, thanks for the reply, and happy trails!

Miracleman

KAW-BRUTEFORCE 750....ME
Vegas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 08:37:15 AM »

There are trails around the cabin you can ride on, but to get to the main area of Big Scrub you would have to trailer.

Also, you may want to check out LAKE DELANCEY WEST camp site in Ocala National. I haven't stayed at that site or ridden there, but I hear it's an alternative option to the north side of the forest.

Here's a map link of the riding areas for the forest.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/off%20road%20vehicle%20use.pdf

Let me know if you're going this weekend. I may shoot up since I'm a free man (Just dumped the girlfriend of three years). I'll shoot the breeze with you, maybe show you and your family some of the sand pits and cool trails.

Peace
Vegas.

P.S. If it's your first time riding, you may want to pick up a GPS as some of the trails can be a bit confusing at first.

MIRACLEMAN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 06:12:59 PM »

Damn Vegas, your great on the reply's! I just got done responding to you on some other question somewhere else!
  As far as the gps, funny you say that. My wife got lost two or three times at croom. She however, can get lost in the kitchen. We already discussed getting one for her since we don't always stick together. I do pretty good in the woods, I've been in the sticks my whole life, and have a good sense of direction.
    I will keep you posted as to when I go. I like to have someone to bullshit with, and love to meet new people. Sorry about the girl thing. Three years, hell you just got her broke in! If I can find someone, I'll try to bring a few for you to try and scam!
     Thanks again vegas, I'll be in touch
                                                 Miracleman

KAW-BRUTEFORCE 750....ME
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com