Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPRINT CELL SERVICE  (Read 8858 times)
FOREMANRON

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »

DOES ANYONE HAVE SPRINT CELL PHONE SERVICE. I KNOW THEY BOUGHT NEXTEL BUT WANDERING IF SPRINT CELL SERVICE IS ANY BETTER THAN NEXTEL FOR WHATEVER REASON

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »

ROTFLMMFAO!  Sorry maybe that should have been written rotflmmfao!
dreth

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

lol

it has something to do with his job so lets let him slide Wink
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »

Sprint and Nextel are equally bad. At least with Sprint you dont have to fuss with the annoying 2 way.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
GrlNextDoor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

I have a friend around Ocala that says Sprint has many more dead areas than nextel did (hard to believe).  Doesn't get messages for days then, gets 11 from the last 5 days.  The both stink.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

my wife has sprint and gets service in places that I can't even dream of getting service.  She is very pleased with the Sprint service over the Nextel service.  Basically whatever works for your area is what ya need to get.  Cingular SUCKS in north lake county, so in my OPINION sprint is better in north lake county.

But opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »

my wife has sprint and gets service in places that I can't even dream of getting service.  She is very pleased with the Sprint service over the Nextel service.  Basically whatever works for your area is what ya need to get.  Cingular SUCKS in north lake county, so in my OPINION sprint is better in north lake county.

Well said Smoke........

This is the way it is....why do you think they call it wireless!  What works in your area is the best for you.   
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:27:55 PM by big-daddy » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »

My partner at the fire dept has NextTell he got a new phone,it has dual bands.He said it made a big difference with the service.
Hope this will help someone.If u think Nexttell sucks try Alltell,They really zuckkkkk!!!

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

I have a friend around Ocala that says Sprint has many more dead areas than nextel did (hard to believe).  Doesn't get messages for days then, gets 11 from the last 5 days.  The both stink.

Do you think its because they don't let the cellular company pull up towers in the Forest?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:23:58 PM by big-daddy » Logged

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
FOREMANRON

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »

My partner at the fire dept has NextTell he got a new phone,it has dual bands.He said it made a big difference with the service.
Hope this will help someone.If u think Nexttell sucks try Alltell,They really zuckkkkk!!!
WE HAVE ALLTEL AT WORK AND IT DOES SUCK MY NEXTEL USED BE AWESOME TIL I GOT MY LAST NEW PHONE AND IT WENT TO CRAP

POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:25:29 PM »

Thats the ic502 and ic402 both great phones, soon ic902 out by the end of the year. The best of both worlds

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »

WE HAVE ALLTEL AT WORK AND IT DOES SUCK MY NEXTEL USED BE AWESOME TIL I GOT MY LAST NEW PHONE AND IT WENT TO CRAP

Hhmmm do you think its the phone? what model?

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
FOREMANRON

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »

Hhmmm do you think its the phone? what model?
IT IS THE I 560 AND I HAVE A COUPLE OF BUDDIES THAT HAD THAT PHONE AND HATED IT AND AFTER THEY BOUGHT NEW PHONES THE SERVICE GOT BETTER. I TALKED TO NEXTEL AND TOLD THEM THAT AND THEY JUST IGNORED WHAT I TOLD THEM

POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »

Well said Smoke........

This is the way it is....why do you think they call it wireless!  What works in your area is the best for you.   

Big daddy, asking about cell phone service is asking if people like blondes or brunettes and why, ya know?

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
GrlNextDoor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 08:13:15 AM »

Do you think its because they don't let the cellular company pull up towers in the Forest?

Could be.  I just know that if she is in certain parts of her house, the phone is roaming.  Outside, it's not. 
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 08:23:29 AM »

dunno about other providers, but I know with Nextel it REALLY matters what phone you have,,,,,I used to drop calls in downtown Orlando with my (just looked on the web for it can't find it anymore) tiny flip-phone from Nextel that came in either silver or bronze,,,,,,I would also drop calls left and right pretty much anywhere with my i95c, but then I woke up and get a i90, and now an i885,,,,,whoa what a difference, I haven't dropped a call yet.

I also used to travel with my phone,,,,,I was recently in Indianapolis working out of the convention center and all my co-workers couldn't get signal inside the center(cingular, t-mobil) so they were using my phone all the time because mine was working fine.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »

Im an insurance adjuster here in south ga, and I use sprint, as most of the areas I travel are extremely rural and no bodys service works but sprint has never let me down, and I even get service with my phone way out in onf,  wich when your lost and to lazy to get a gps really helps, nextel up here sucks becouse the only areas there are towers is along I-75 and some areas that I go I woulndt even be able to call 911 if I had to, all and all Im happy with my sprint service and have had them for 4+ years since i got on with them when I lived in tampa.

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 12:40:10 PM »

I've been with sprint for about 9 yrs and I love them. I do sent them about $300 a month for 4 phones that average 15,000 minutes a month but their customer service bends over backwards for me and I NEVER lose signal. I travel the entire east coast and have a signal everywhere. I've also got signal all over ONF when other phones in our group had no service. I can't say a bad thing about them.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 03:52:15 PM »

What was wrong with the pictures I posted about the caps? Man whoever deleted them has no sense of humor. The Mod that deleted them needs to go out and have some and loosen up a little. This is a forum let it ride for crying out loud. 

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »

I have the new ic502 dual phone and still have the same dead spots as reg. nextel.

But where some fail others are great so this is like politics everyone has good and bad to say.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »

I hate Alltell! Give Hell

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »

I'll stick with my 48,000 minutes per month for $40. Smiley

travel talk is great as well, that old metro will get signal ANYWHERE on roam...so what if it is as costly as a sat phone.. Smiley

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 07:52:35 AM »

I'm curious about the metro phones,,,,I'm thinking of getting one and dumping Nextel, but I wonder how the coverage is in FL,,,,,what's your experience?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »

I'm curious about the metro phones,,,,I'm thinking of getting one and dumping Nextel, but I wonder how the coverage is in FL,,,,,what's your experience?

Id@

I am not sure about what the other person posted about Metro, getting a signal anywhere. I live in Clearwater, I have no signal at Croom, ONF and in Plant city somtimes I have a signal sometimes I don't. If my phone is in the house I mostly miss calls, and realize it after it takes 20-25 minutes for the message to go through. Same thing at work and I work in St Pete, if my phone is in the office I have no signal. They are expanding their coverage area often but I drop calls all the time (could be the phone).

Good thing is after taxes, I pay 58.00 a month for unlimited everything. My bill never changes. If you forget to make the payment it gets turned right back on with in the hour and no extra fees.

Heres their coverage area.
http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/coverageareas.php

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 09:14:11 AM »

Id@

They make a GREAT second phone. Smiley It really depends where you are. Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, are 100% covered. Naples and Ft Myers pretty good as well. Orlando and Lakeland are 90%. North of there, it is a crap shoot until you reach Atlanta, where it works great again. This is all the non roaming areas I know of.

I treat it like my land line that can reach really far from the house.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:15:50 AM by JackL » Logged

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com