Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: land in broward  (Read 2737 times)
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2005, 04:51:42 PM »

i live in broward county,the only good place to ride legally is holeyland.anyone in broward county know mr.Bergeron that owns the rodeo grounds in davie,that family owns alot of land out off rt.27,so what would it take to convince him to lease it to us as a riding-group or he himself open up something like the indians have done out at the reservation?or has someone already thought of this?the guy is a multi-millionaire,couple of acres to him would be nothing.the problem is contacting him/her...any ideas from the forum?
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 07:52:45 PM »

i live in broward county,the only good place to ride legally is holeyland.anyone in broward county know mr.Bergeron that owns the rodeo grounds in davie,that family owns alot of land out off rt.27,so what would it take to convince him to lease it to us as a riding-group or he himself open up something like the indians have done out at the reservation?or has someone already thought of this?the guy is a multi-millionaire,couple of acres to him would be nothing.the problem is contacting him/her...any ideas from the forum?

If he owns land off of U.S. 27 chances are he has already been sued for someone wrecking there ATV on his property.  That's the reason we can't ride out there no more.  FPL and the property owner on the east side of 27 by Sheridan have been sued in the past.  It's a shame because those areas are still there for riding.  What we need to do is really push the FWC to allow us to ride on the east side of the levy thats west of U.S. 27.  This area really cannot be considered a restoration area because they allowed a mobile home park to be built in it in Pembroke Pines.  These areas are still in the city boundry's of Miramar, Pembroke Pines and I believe Davie.  There is also grant money available to any city that wants to get an area open for ATV's.  FWC Rangers that patrol in there have said that we should be complaining to get that area opened up for ATV's because there never going to do anything with it since its on the east side of the levy.
500runner

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »

good luck!   you would have to promiss him he would make big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$   :-/
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 09:20:11 PM »

Being in the real estate field, his land is worth more as an industrial park.  Liability is the issue when it comes to a land owner leasing or allowing to ride.  Plus, his land is too close to residential homes. Noise will be a factor.  On the other side where gamer mentioned, that's not a bad idea.

customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 02:49:37 PM »

More riding areas would be nice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 10:24:16 AM »

My boyfriend and I know the family also, went to school with the kids. I do not think that land will open up for us due to liablity. The owner already has enough to do with the rodeo grounds, not to mention a bike park?

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 07:23:25 PM »

just a thought!   Lips Sealed
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 06:14:31 AM »

Yea I don't know, it never hurts to ask!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com