Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had there wheeler seized by the police?  (Read 12426 times)
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:16 PM »

I still cant figure out why so many people are against our sport, can someone help me with that?   Undecided

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 06:39:17 PM »

All of 561 will be the hills of minneola.That where you ride is now off limits. It's a shame because it's a great place to ride but now illegal.All that land would be great for an atv park.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

They don't like seeing people have fun when they can't.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »

I was being sarcastic. Everyone is talking about how they run from the cops and stuff, thats illegal...not good for our sport  Wink Tongue

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 07:11:32 PM »

Where at on 561? I ride all around the turnpike. Everywhere from turkey farm to sugarloaf, and we have even gone to lake apopka before. I notice there are often cops at that white sand pit, where triple e turns into a paved road. And across 561 at that clay pit. Do you know where I am talking about? I really dont see cops anywhere else.

They actually put up a gate on sugarloaf mt. rd. but there are still like 5 more ways in there.

Were exactly is hills of minneola?

Ive gotton a Tw from the cop that sits in the pit on sundays. Me and my friends didnt run when he waved us down and told us that he could take us to jail for riding there. He got pissed at me when i told him we didnt know because we had never seen any posted signs.He tryed his best to get me mad but it didnt work i was as nice as could be. He even called me a trouble maker because of where i work lol. I just laughed at him.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »

I'm 45.I'm too old to run,LOL
qt314nfla

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »

I'm 45.I'm too old to run,LOL

Nah not to old to run.  Too smart to run.  No sence in it.  And generally if you are nice it really burns them up.  It's almost like they are trying to get you upset so they have an excuse to haul you to jail and impound your stuff.  Kill 'em w/ kindness is always my policy.  Have your atv/ohv rules on hand is the other one so they can give you their interpretation after spounting off a list of numbers on the ordinance.  I even got a cop for spouting off numbers that weren't an atv ordinance.  Boy was he pissed when I pulled out my the rules downloaded and printed that day and his numbers weren't anywhere on the real laws.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »

That's what pi$$ed me off no signs,and other people road by as I was getting arrested and the police said nothing to them.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 07:19:51 PM »

Ya too smart,Ya that's the ticket.Thanks QT
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 07:43:17 PM »

hahaha, "yeaaa, too smart....thats what i said!!"  Tongue

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
backinsaddle

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 08:04:12 PM »

hahaha, "yeaaa, too smart....thats what i said!!"  Tongue

me too, and by the way QT, how about posting a link to those rules so we can do the same  Help! Deal
USFfishing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »

thos rules would be handy to have.

07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q
qt314nfla

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »

I just went to the old site where I use to download them.  They have rearranged the sites and it wouldn't link me up to the copy I have.  Here's a link that I did get http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/ohv_laws.html .  If I can locate my last copy I'll post it.  I haven't rode on anything other than private property in over 2 yrs other than for our group rides.  Hope this helps. 
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »

novadave, you ride out there to?

It doesn't make since to run most of the time. What I usually do is keep my eyes open in areas were cops often hand out (mainly the pits and mainly on the weekends). And if I see them I just go the other way, so that if somehow I do get caught I will have the argument that I didn't see them, dunno how much that would help anyway. But its also good to keep my eyes open so I can get a head start to. Last weekend I went past a pit and there was a cop waiting next to it(kind of down a tight trail), I just kept going without turning my head so he probably didn't see that I saw him. 

You got to be careful out there though cause about 5-6 weeks ago they had an suv and a car at the white pit, I saw them before they saw us, so we just turned away from them. And about 2-3 weeks ago there was a group of two trucks, and I think there was one other vehicle. Now I have just been trying to avoid the pits, it sucks cause the pits are alot of fun.

I have been riding out there for over 12 years, ever since I was 5. Nobody cared back them.................oh, those were the days.

Its stupid that there are no signs and the trails are well riden, which would lead someone to believe that it is ok.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 10:51:20 AM »

Hopefully the Lake county commissioners wont approve it and Family Dynamics will sell the land to the county. 
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »

That would be awesome. But as many neighborhoods that have been built around here I doubt it. There is just to much money to be made. What people dont notice is they ruin everything that are selling there neighborhood to be. They take all this nice land and advertise look how "nice, secluded, and wild" this area is and everything, and then when there done everything is built up and it is nothing like it used to be. Oh, well.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »

Some of you guys are about as sharp as a bowling ball.
Who in their right mind would post in a public forum that they run from the cops. Think beofre you type.
Every LEO and agency out there monitors this site to use sh!t like that against us.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »

Sorry I didn't run.
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »

Ok, just kidding I never run from the cops, I just said that to try and make me seem like a bad ass or something. Undecided

It is not murder, they dont try to make up a whole investigation to catch someone 4 wheeling. I think they have bigger fish to fry.
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

I dont ride out there since i got trespassed. That was about 6 months ago, and that was the first i had heard of it being a no riding place. I never run . The times ive been stop by the popo they usually just tell you to leave and dont come back except for super cop that day. And no they dont have bigger fish to fry just us ATV criminals lol. Everynight when i watch the news and see all the crime out there all i can think is if these cops would focus there attention on the real crimes the world might be a safer place, but i guess its easier to chase us for riding our atvs.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com