Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Legally Ride in Palm Beach County  (Read 108494 times)
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2005, 05:56:35 PM »

The state should take the efforts of other states in mind. There are many other states that profit from ORV's. Take Michigan for example, they get tax, title and $ 16.50 per year for an Orv sticker. I buy 5 stickers per year,. One for the 4x4 truck and the other four for the bikes. They use this money to buy land and maintain the trails. Many companies and clubs volunteer for the trail maintenance but get money for supplies. They also have county parks of 250 acres to ride and they charge $ 9.00 per vehicle per day or a yearly pass of $ 50.00 per vehicle. It is worth it and you can only ride half of the year. Think about the fact that here you could ride all year long. Michigan has 3,100 miles of legal trails and some trails you can still ride on the dirt roads to get there. They are adding trails all the time to make more money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2005, 06:17:43 PM »

That's what I don't understand. There are states with great trail pass systems that are PERFECT models for Florida. The land used would also further protect it from environmentally destructive gated communities.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
donnie_darko

Ride or Die

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2005, 06:41:42 PM »

I agree don't even have an atv yet. Need to have more public places to ride. I would pay 50 a year plus tag or sticker money. even going to get insurance on the atv when i get it. just would like more places to ride. I think we have enough golf courses in florida already.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 06:43:42 PM by donnie_darko » Logged
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2005, 07:56:24 PM »

We patrol the SFWMD's C-18 canal, the City of West Palm Beach's "M" canal, and the South Indian River Water Control District canals that border Natural Areas. The canal bank easements/right of ways of these particular canals are owned by the above. They are gated and posted and do not have residential property easements over them. As kawGIRL mention, some canal banks are shared with residential property easements, which allow the homeowner to post fencing/gates. This is why when I replied to J.D., I asked him to check on who owned the canal banks and how they were posted. Then it could be determined whether the state/county/city or a property owner blocked it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 08:23:02 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2005, 08:16:22 PM »

gofastmatt2, your correct about most of the canals that run through the Acreage. We don't do enforcement on those unless the property owner files a complaint. Unfortunately, these unpatrolled canal banks are where everyone out there is getting hurt. Lot's of washouts after big rains. One rider was flown out not long ago because he hit a washout. Had another break his leg over Easter weekend. The reason we "met" was you were on the "M" canal that rainy day. Had you been on one of those side canals, I would have just waved and stayed under my poncho.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 08:44:09 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
FWC-LT

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2005, 08:50:11 PM »

You all need to get together and start pettioning some of the governing boards that own a lot of these canal easments in "rural" areas where you will not run too close to residential houses.  

Indian Trails Improvement District owns most of the canals in the Acreage.  There is also Lake Worth Drainage District that owns some canals in the central part of the county that run out west to State Road 7 that can be used for riding.  There is also South Florida Water Management District.

The biggest thing that needs to be done is to get organized and start sending represenitives to the meetings with these boards and keeping asking the same question.  You know what they say about the squeky wheel.

Maybe someone can do some reasearch on how these others states run their ATV ride areas and present a plan to the State OHV Board with some ideas and recommendations of areas other than just saying that they need to give you somewhere to ride.  

This web site is a great place to get organized and start putting preasure on the people that make decisions to get more areas opened to riding.  It will not happen if people do not get involved.
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2005, 05:07:25 AM »

those are some great ideas i have been sending e mails to all the county,state,and city government officals thank you for your every ones input on the subject
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2005, 06:11:55 AM »

I got a letter back from Mr. Bronsons representative about our problem . He informed me that they are working very hard on the problem we have . He said a 150 mile trail system is opening up soon in the panhandle.Also there will be a meeting in dania in april . I am going . I left the letter at home but I will get the info on the meeting and post it .
PBSO the canal I reffered to is South of Gatlin Blvd in ST LUCIE . I think it was a govt agency that closed it .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:15:37 AM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2005, 07:02:08 AM »

This web site is a great place to get organized and start putting preasure on the people that make decisions to get more areas opened to riding.  It will not happen if people do not get involved.

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

I got a letter back from Mr. Bronsons representative about our problem . He informed me that they are working very hard on the problem we have . He said a 150 mile trail system is opening up soon in the panhandle.

Angry 150 miles of trails in the Panhandle!  Angry
They are so close to Georgia and Alabama, [smiley=Angry.gif] NOT FAIR [smiley=angry2.gif] It takes me 6-8 hours to drive there.[smiley=Cry.gif]

gofastmatt2

Just 4 fun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2005, 07:31:35 AM »

FWC-LT I beg to differ with you about who owns the most of the canals in the Acreage. It sure isn't Indian Trails. It's the land owners. Take a look at a property survey and see most people own to the middle or the whole canal. They just have the right to access it for maintenance. Trust me, I have a 2.2 lot and I lose 1/3 of it to easement. My property on one side goes across the whole road, over the drainage ditch and into the orange grove. They don't own it.
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

JD- I'd bet it was the two crotchey old farts that ran out yelling at me that got that canal closed down. Now keep in mind I was putting along at 5 MPH... not racing around, making tons of racket, etc. I got stopped and threatened with having my quad taken, etc by PSL cops, so I quit. Now nevermind the guy around the block from me that rides his new 4 stroke motocross nike up and down the streets, banging gears like it's going out of stile..... Angry

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2005, 09:10:34 AM »

I am considering a stealth muffeler and some real dim headlight bulbs . I wont cut any fences or anything but if I can find a way around , who knows .It is a shame to see boats riding up the canal but we cant ride the right of way  that goes through the middle of no where .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2005, 03:02:53 PM »

BCConviber that bike you are talking about if it is a new blue raptor it is my friend he just got it.Just think if he had a place to ride he would not be in the streets riding and i know a way to get on the canal bank you go down becker a little way and there is no ditch
clw

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2005, 03:58:11 AM »

PBSO:

Good to have you here!  Now I know what to expect.  A few questions.....

What activities ARE OK in the nature areas?

Hiking?
Walking the dog?
Bicycles?
Wheelchairs?
Horseback riding?
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2005, 04:57:50 AM »

YFZ-
Nahh... This bike is a Kawasaki four stroke two wheeler that the kid rides at Thundercross most of the time. I've got no problem with him, I just get aggravated that I get threatened like a hardcore criminal for putting along in the dirt, and this guy is flying around on the pavement and has no problems... And there are several ways to access that canal bank...  Grin

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2005, 05:19:10 AM »

Natural Areas are open to the public for environmental education, scientific research, and passive recreational activities such as photography, nature walks, and bird watching. Vehicles, including bicycles are only permitted on posted/marked, designated paths, driveways and roadways. Horseback riding is permitted at designated natural Areas. Domestic Animals are prohibited. The specifics for each Natural Area in Palm Beach County can be found at this website: http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/erm/

Click on "Natural Resource Stewardship", then "Land Management and Monitoring. Once there, you can click on "Natural Areas" to see all the different areas/details. Click on Natural Areas Ordinance No. 94.13 for prohibited activities.
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2005, 11:33:09 AM »

one day i was washing up my yfz and i took it for a ride beside my house on the edge of the road and a cop passed by skidded and whipped around in front of me almost hit me and told me to get off and come to him i told him that it was my yard he said that i was on the wrong side of the black covert pipe the way he stoped you think i was selling crack
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2005, 05:30:07 PM »

Just like people who ride like morons give us a bad reputation, a badge heavy cop will do the same for them.  People, if youre treated badly or rudely by the police, there are ways to complain about their behavior if it is that bad.  
300exstangboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

Just like people who ride like morons give us a bad reputation, a badge heavy cop will do the same for them.  People, if youre treated badly or rudely by the police, there are ways to complain about their behavior if it is that bad.  

I have to agree. I have no negative problems with law enforcement as long as they are doing thierassigned jobs.It is the officers who have a big head that go on power trips. I live in a small part of Fort Lauderdale called Wilton Manors.  This small police dept, has a big chip on thier shoulders, due to the large police force and small amount of crime. They spend the majority of their time (everyday) performing traffic stops on speeders. They also spend just as much time in court defending the tickets. The residents actually refer to them as the "Gustapo". The Ft.Lauderdale police are so much more respected, since they
have actual complaints to respond to. It can be a shame that those who are out there to protect us, can sometimes be the ones we need protection from.  Just remmebr to watch your speed in Wilton Manors.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »

you know this topic started by saying....where to legally ride in palm beach!!!!!!!!!so here's the question........is there any legal riding area's in palm beach?HuhHuhHuhHuh
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2005, 08:37:50 PM »

No
Only on private property WITH the OWNERS permission.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2005, 12:53:38 PM »

Yes, it did start out by asking the question of where to ride legally.  Then, some started to bash and ridicule law enforcement for doing their job.  I believe that not everyone on this site realizes that there are law enforcement officers that also ride, and are in the same boat as everyone else.  
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »

you know this topic started by saying....where to legally ride in palm beach!!!!!!!!!so here's the question........is there any legal riding area's in palm beach?HuhHuhHuhHuh

Yes.  Holeyland and Rottenburg WMA.  U.S.27 and the Broward/Palm Beach County line.  Its basically the last legal riding spot for Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County.
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2005, 07:37:30 PM »

Yes, it did start out by asking the question of where to ride legally.  Then, some started to bash and ridicule law enforcement for doing their job.  I believe that not everyone on this site realizes that there are law enforcement officers that also ride, and are in the same boat as everyone else.  

We do appreciate the law enforcement on this site. I do have to disagree with you when you say that you are in the same boat as us. I have friends that work for PBSO and when we ride we do not get hassled. It is like all the police that you see speeding by you, doing illegal lane changes, etc. You do not see them getting ticketed. I know in every sport/occupation you have bad apples that ruin it for the rest of us. The badge does bring fringe benefits. I know this may sound like I am bashing but I am not just stating fact. I have never seen a police officer being ticketed by another police officer.

Let's Ride !!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore