Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venom Winches  (Read 2605 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »

Hey guys, im considering a Venom winch for my quad. My old one is basically shot and I dont want to go to warn and drop like 300 on one. I have herd a few people talking about venom and I figured id check them out. They look pretty cool. It comes with everything. So just kinda wanted to know what everyone thinks about them. Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »

I got a Venom 3000 winch for my vinson for Christmas and i've had to use it a few times and it has worked very well. I got the one that had the model specific mount and it was still only $169 shipped to my door. It also must be fairly water/mud tight because i've had it under water/mud quite a bit and it still works good. Their are also alot of guys on highlifter running them and having good luck with them. I wouldn't waste my money on a Warn. If you wanna go big name brand get a ramsey, warns are crap. i know 3 different people that have warns take a dump after just a few uses and unless you spend almost $500 on the 3.0 they are not sealed so get in water and their goes your winch. The only thing I didn't like about the venom winch that i got is that it comes with a pretty small hook (oohh whoop dee doo!) so I went to Lowes and dropped a whopping $7 and bought a big one and put on.

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »

Yeah my dad has a polairs with a warn and it has been perfect. I just dont want to drop 300 on one. I will probably have mine underwater allot so thats good news.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »

Well a new 2500X is headed to my door. I still would like to hear from you guys and ill tell you how it holds up once it gets here.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:17:47 PM »

Well, I got it yesterday, and put it on today and it was great. It came all nice and neat in the box and all the crap you need to hook it up is right there. I had my dad install it and he got it on so just about anybody can! Wink Anyway took it out thrashed it, had it underwater, hit a tree, you know all the typical stuff and it held up great. Pulled a 750lb sportsman off of a log and got myself out of a hole with no problem. So I would definently reccomend this to anybody. Its great. Everything is right there to install it and it was a grand total of $106 shipped to my door. Or I could have spent 400 and got a warn. OR spent 400 and got a winch for the front, back, and both sides of the quad! Grin Anyway great product and I would definetly reccomend it anyone.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
retiredw3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »

I recently purchased a 200lb Venom winch for my 03 Sportsman 400 and had a dealer install it 2 days ago.It works fine except it won't "Spool Out"..it'll spool in OK.The dealer who installed it said the contractor was defective.I've sent a letter and email to the company but haven't heard anything yet.The whole kit was model specific and all of the parts were there.Hopefully I'll hear something from Venom Winch soon... Undecided

03 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4(Green/Black)
Rack extenders
2000lb Venom Winch
06 Jeep Wrangler
03 Harley Road King Classic
retiredw3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »

Well, I got my new contactor from Venom Winches in 4 days(including the weekend)after notifying them of my problem..no cost to me.I had it put on my 03 Sportsman and the winch works like a charm.Their prices and customer service is exceptional.I would highly recommend a Venom Winch to anyone. Smiley

03 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4(Green/Black)
Rack extenders
2000lb Venom Winch
06 Jeep Wrangler
03 Harley Road King Classic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com