Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AIA Half Marathon Pics  (Read 3288 times)
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »

I like running, and I saw an ad for this race on TV a few months back, and thought it'd be cool to do.  I signed up for it, and have been waiting all this time, and I just came back from it this morning.  I thought it was a ton of fun.  Here's some pictures that my dad took.  I'm not the fastest, but I didn't have to stop once the whole 13.1 miles, except for a quick trip to the port-a-potty at mile two.  A little hot chocolate and some miles makes your stomach go nuts.  There was lines all over for the many port-a-potties along the course, and alot of runners were just jumping behind bushes and going.  Enough of that, off topic stuff, let's look at some pictures.

Here's me in my Marine DEP shirt, and a trusty bottle of water.  It was pretty cold this morning, but nothing crazy.

Little overview of the starting area.  The played the Star Spangled Banner on the sax before the race, it sounded really good.

Here are the wheel chair racers.  There were only 5 or 6 of them.

Here's all the fastest runners at the front of the pack ready to take off.  These guys really do fly.  I'm there trotting along and these guys are taken long fast strides even after 10 miles of running.

Here's me on my way.  It's too bad the picture came out a little blurry.

Here's a couple of pictures of the course.

The sun came up during the run, it was a beautiful sight.

And here's me at the finish line.  To say that it was cold at this time was an understatement.  If anyone was out around 8am this morning, it was raining, cold, and windy.  It felt good to walk after 11 miles (bathroom stop at the start) of continuous running.

Like I said, I'm not the fastest, but I do alright.

Me again.  My hands are like frozen solid by this point.

I'm actually happy in this picture, I've got a jacket on now, and there was free cookies, bagels, muffins, and drinks at the finish line.  I was just heading to the car to get that heater cranked up high. 

All in all I had a great time.  Hopefully I can get a few more of these done, but running long distance like that too often makes you skinny kind of quickly.  I have to work on my speed more.  You gotta hand it to those Marathon guys though.  Just when I was crossing the finish line, I would have only been half way, and had to have done another 13.1 miles.  Nevertheless, as I was crossing the finish line, the first place marathoner was only like 15 minutes back, just gives you an idea how fast they are and how slow I am.  But running non stop for 2 hours and 20 minutes isn't too bad.  Any other people into running on this site?

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »

I'm only in to running when I'm prarie-doggin and there and a toilet in site,,,,but congrats on that run.

ooh rah

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »

Hey thats pretty cool.

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:12:30 PM »

I'm only in to running when I'm prarie-doggin and there and a toilet in site,,,,but congrats on that run.

ooh rah

Id@

hahahha that is funny right there! i am with you though! running is not for me!  Shocked i give you all the props to do some running like that! oh wait i hear the ice cream man! i think i might run now!  Tongue

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:18:10 PM »

i run 5 miles at the gym most of the time but i dont enjoy it lol. Props to you for running 13.1 miles! thats....far haha.

good one id@  Cheesy

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »

Toomey, Nice job. I recognize that picture of you next to the boat. Thats B-dock at Bahia Mar. Were you heading back to your Yacht for a rest??

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »

Toomey, Nice job. I recognize that picture of you next to the boat. Thats B-dock at Bahia Mar. Were you heading back to your Yacht for a rest??

Nope, back to the Ford Taurus for a rest. Smiley

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
dreth

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »

i dont run past anything with a motor Cheesy you are a better man than me. good job
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »

I would run...out of breath!! I did track and field in Jr. High,But there were always girls in front of me.
   Great job
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com