Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mudfest just over  (Read 9372 times)
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »

would like to open a discussion amoung those that went,about the good and the bad.I dont know how to contact john sales or I would.We had a great time but there were some real bad discrepencies.No.1 was the port-o-let situation.waaaayyyyy to few and no service all weekend.Inexcusable nasty and petty .How much would it cost to add some or have a service truck stand by to service them a couple times thru the weekend?Water wash down areas were too few.When you run mud you have to wash the radiator.What does a well and pumps cost?Again petty.My neighbor came in and had to pay for his 4 year old son too.That was bogus.The mudhole was a blast.The crowds were large and overwhelming but seemed under control.We had a great time other than the few problems.Would like to hear from others that went.Also would like to find out if these issues will be addressed before I attend again in august.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »

I am 99% positive he does not give a crap....I have complained before and gotten no results.....30 dollars a person....and I think I counted maybe 4-5 sets of Plop Johns....There a lot more rules this time as well...they were trying to get people to drop their trailers before they got into the camping area??? What the heck is that?

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »

yes that dumping the trailors off sucked too.Then they stopped doing that later.Some of the security boys were real dillweeds.Some were good.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »

yes that dumping the trailors off sucked too.Then they stopped doing that later.Some of the security boys were real dillweeds.Some were good.

I went looking Sunday morning for a place to drop a deuce and I am telling you some of those cans were FULL......Like almost to the seat!!! I about puked.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
xr100racer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »

Yeah, theres plenty to complain about, but overall its great. Not surprised sbripple was the one to start bitchin
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 03:03:42 PM »

Yeah, theres plenty to complain about, but overall its great. Not surprised sbripple was the one to start bitchin

And if you read his post he said they were petty, petty meaning not that big of a deal but still worth mentioning. Yes it was an overall great event but a few extra amenities goes a long way to bring the people back for the next one. Speaking of which I had heard a rumor that this was the last mudfest, that the property was being sold...anyone else hear this?

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

Besides the toilet thing....This sums it up...

[attachment deleted by admin]

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »

sometimes if nothins on tv  Wink

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
GrlNextDoor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »

I read a post about a month ago that this was the last one however, it was removed within about a day.  So, I knew at that time it must not have been true.  Then, they handed out flyers on Friday to advertise the next one!!

I agree about having to pay for a 4 year old.  That stinks.  At least charge less like L-Cross.  But, Bamboo does the same thing.  Sad
dreth

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »

1st off it was good to see you again JoeDirt and sorry we did not get to talk much but i was mainly there to see what it was like and what to look for in our RALLY coming up.
as for the event..............it was mad crazy, OHV's flying everywhere and packed beyond packed. i dont think anyone died so id say it was a sucess. to many helmetless people for me but that is their right so to each their own. i did not step near a plop john so i cant speak on that but now that it is mentioned i do not recall seeing any Dunno. not my type of gig to say the least but i saw alot of happy faces.
xr100racer

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:55:13 PM »

There was 56,000 people counted by saturday afternoon, thats about $840,000 at $15 a head. And that doesnt include sunday. Felt like twice as many people as last year, crazy packed. Herd lots of complaining but they will still all still be back next time. I dont remember seeing any helmets

Anyone see a camo F-350 with a rebel flag, or a orange dode neon w/flag and no doors or roof that ended up getting run over by buggys?
rancher4lyfe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 08:35:47 PM »

me and my buddy pulled out a camo f350 with a flag... do you remember?? we were in a blue jeep!!!

LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST
rancher4lyfe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »

i also hear there is a mardi gras mudfest!!!

LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST
xr100racer

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:33 PM »

I dont remember a blue jeep, I was riding with him a little but was mostly on my dirtbike. His is on stock tires, Im sure he is the one you pulled, I didnt see any other similar trucks. His name's Dillon and I think he was wearing jeans or jean shorts, no shirt, and a CAT camo hat, sort of skinny

sbribble, your a deutch bag
qt314nfla

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »

i also hear there is a mardi gras mudfest!!!

it's not a mudfest.  it's a muddy gras adult event at l-cross.  it's a similar event. check out l-cross.com
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

that's douche bag, you big purple knob

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 06:27:14 AM »

I dont even know this rude kid.But if we meet I can teach him some manners.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »

if you got up early enough, like my self, you could have the entire mudhole to flex your bowels! Nothing like adding to the fun?

There was a set of 8 johns 150 yards from our camp. Were very clean and tidy all weekend. the ones up by the mudhole. forget about it.

If you go to mudfest to wash off your vehicle then you are a weany! Get your crizap tightened up before you go! Bring something to clean your radiator. Holy smoke dude! Did your mom show up to change your diaper 2? 

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
ucfneed2ride
Supreme Member

'07 Brute Force 750

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 08:06:15 AM »

LOL. Get'em Wilburz! I wish I would have known about those set of johns, although somehow I didnt have to drop one all weekend, Casey sure needed to  Shocked .
We had a great time.

Anoriginal

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »

When I ride with Chillin I usually just drop a steamer in his boot.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »

LOL....this is how I hoped this thread would turn out...Wilburz you are lucky I did not float a seapickle on your tent... Shocked

Damn Bobby that why you all left?...

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
MrsTito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 09:44:51 AM »

It was my first mudfest, and overall, I enjoyed it.  I don't know if we'll go back in August because I think it will be too hot.  I'm a wuss!

As for the potty situation, just be more prepared, bring a pop up potty, they are like $30 and use regular trash bags.  Although, if you're not camping, I don't know what to tell you - hold your poop?

My biggest complaint was the kidlets running around.  I saw more drunk teenagers being stupid crazy on 4 wheelers than I cared for.  And, I'm not a prude, I like to party, but I'm old enough  Cool

56,000 people?  I find that real hard to believe...  I go to a festival every summer that has 100,000 and it at least 10 times bigger than MudFest.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 09:46:48 AM »

MrsTito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »

Oh, and the real estate deal on the land fell though, that's why they are having another one.  So I've been told...
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »

And if you read his post he said they were petty, petty meaning not that big of a deal but still worth mentioning. Yes it was an overall great event but a few extra amenities goes a long way to bring the people back for the next one. Speaking of which I had heard a rumor that this was the last mudfest, that the property was being sold...anyone else hear this?

Bill

John Sales has permits for the next 5 years. It's not going anywhere.

The only problem I had was the dust. It's be cool if they had a water truck come in and lightly spray down the roads a few times over the weekend but other than that it was fun.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com