Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding Citation help needed  (Read 7411 times)
stupidid10t

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:08:10 AM »

i got a citation for leaving my mudding spot and a BSO came and gave me a citation 3.20.02 sub (.) for no motor vehicle registration even though he never asked for it and started asking me questions without reading me my rights. i dont kno if this has happend to anyone else but some help would be appreciated. ether a link to a site that talks about it or on the penaltys for this thanks
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »

get the exact florida stute that they allege you violated, then do a google search for
Florida Statue + the number they put, then read what it says. Good luck
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »

He can ask you anything he wants.whether you answer or not is up to you.Also it isnt admisable in court without your being advised of your rights.This doesnt apply because you were not arrested and got a citation.If you want a jury trial ,you can demand one for this offence,but that would be silly.And remember cops are the biggest liars on the planet.Just pay the ticket,its $75.If you went on the road there is no registration that allows you on paved roads so the registration is irrelavant.The law you broke was operating a vehicle not licensed to be on a paved road.Unless you are a farmer and can make a good argument for using it for agriculteral use you cant win.Ag exemption is the only exception  to the law.Thats a federal law.You will need to show that you were working at that when it happened.This cop was laying in wait for a person to do what you did and you bit.probly made his day.Then they use that as an excuse to fish for any other infractions like dwi,or unregistered.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 03:03:22 PM »

I wonder if you put one of those triangle shaped signs,like the one's on the tractors,you can claim that you were using your atv for "agricultural" purposes. Especially if you put a sprayer or something like that on the back??I think that would be interesting. Tractors dont need a registration to operate on public roads, just one of those signs.....Food for thought
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »

i had a cop stop me at a local muddin trail in my daily driver fully registered and insured and he asked for my license registration etc... said i didn't have any business back there unless i owned property i told him it was a public road and it wasnt illegal to be there and he said he could give me 6 different tickets cuz i spun my tires this is sand and im drivin a 2wd w/ 25'' street tires so i appoligized and he let me go but said if he saw me spin my tires again i was goin to jail btw he spun his tires pullin away i'm sure it wasnt on purpose but he had an F250 4x4 

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »

To all you cop "bashers" remember what you are saying because when you get mugged or robed the police will be the first people you call and you'll be saying " officer I'm so glad your here".   You did the crime NOW pay the fine and quit whining.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »

I wonder if you put one of those triangle shaped signs,like the one's on the tractors,you can claim that you were using your atv for "agricultural" purposes. Especially if you put a sprayer or something like that on the back??I think that would be interesting. Tractors dont need a registration to operate on public roads, just one of those signs.....Food for thought
Well this is sort of a different vehical but I think it would work,since we have a ranger and put one of them on the back, and i  live out by nurserys and fields and the cops dont mind if we drive on the road and stuff,even though we try and stay off it as much as possible.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:09:06 PM »

How did you get caught? Do they have atv's?

Cops have been getting really annoying lately. Luckily they haven't caught me yet. What is the worst thing they can do? I haven't seen any on atv's yet, just trucks/suv's, which are super slow on the trails, especially if there is whoops. Its annoying cause I used to be able to ride all the time with no trouble, cops used to wave to me. The trails are well ridden to, I went out sunday and saw about 10 other ridders, and two cops.
stupidid10t

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 07:53:07 AM »

im fine with paying it just i wasnt sure if he was being a payn just to be one like most are in the area i am and ya i guess i should of went back on the trail they couldnt catch me i know that much but i had to get home and to do that i have about 2 miles of public road i can ride on but i keep it on the side of the road in the grass
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 09:56:03 AM »

Cops have been getting really annoying lately. Luckily they haven't caught me yet. What is the worst thing they can do? I haven't seen any on atv's yet, just trucks/suv's, which are super slow on the trails, especially if there is whoops. Its annoying cause I used to be able to ride all the time with no trouble, cops used to wave to me. The trails are well ridden to, I went out sunday and saw about 10 other ridders, and two cops.

What's the worst they will do? Report the inconsiderate little punks on ATVs running away from them and close more riding land. And people wonder why we keep losing riding land? Might have something to do with people like this.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:55 AM »

I guess there are no limits to stupid actions.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »

What's the worst they will do? Report the inconsiderate little punks on ATVs running away from them and close more riding land. And people wonder why we keep losing riding land? Might have something to do with people like this.

Exactly!  Also, if you run from that cop and he catches you, you can forget ever riding your bike again.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 08:25:07 PM »

yeah right   cops lie
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »

To all you cop "bashers" remember what you are saying because when you get mugged or robed the police will be the first people you call and you'll be saying " officer I'm so glad your here".   You did the crime NOW pay the fine and quit whining.
you must be a cop and not that you are bad cause I dont know you but I got 3 (three) bullet marks to show for being mugged and when I saw a cop I got out of the car collapsed I never in 12 days in the hospital saw another cop at all to say did you see who did it? would you remember if you saw him again? do you want to look at any pics? but brother they searched the hell out of the car cause they found a piece of a chain the attaching part to be exact that I had lost and never found and had 3 jetskis stolen never found why because if it doesn't hit them in the face they cant find it.Yes we do need them but they should be more considerate to the ones not doing bad. And I have 6 cops friends so I dont speak crap for saying it like I said they are not all bad.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »

I'm not a cop but I respect the hell out of cops.  Sure there might be a bad one here and there just like in any profession but I think most are good.  You gotta realize these guys deal with low life trailer trash day in and day out and they don't know if your gonna pull a gun or whatever so they have to be in complete control to survive.  I have got 2 speeding tickets in the last 4 yrs and both cops were very polite and business like, they treated me with respect as I did them.  When I got those tickets I thought it sucked but I knew that I was speeding and they caught me dead in my tracks.  Did I pregnant dog on the internet about it or pregnant dog to my friends about how cops are such asses, NO I paid my fine took my traffic school and kept on about my business and I still respect the police.  I think you will find that people that have these harsh words about cops are usually the ones dealing with them alot, meaning they are getting in trouble (breaking the law) alot. 

Imagine what this country would be like if we did not have laws and the people to enforce them.  We would be just like every other two bit third world nation out there today.  The reason we are a great country is because we have Law and Order and as long as you don't break the laws the police will not bother you.  Good luck
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »

To all you cop "bashers" remember what you are saying because when you get mugged or robed the police will be the first people you call and you'll be saying " officer I'm so glad your here".   You did the crime NOW pay the fine and quit whining.

i live out in the acreacge in wpb and my house got broken into last year.so when i got home i seen that thay had found my guns.i wasent sure if they were still in the house so when i called 911 and told them that my hause was broken into and that i think they might still be in my house with guns i waited over 2 hours for them. i called 911 like 4 times while i waiting.so my story is i see cops all over out here worrying about kids on dirtbikes and 4 wheelers,but when they had a real job to do it took over two hours to get here. i see the f250s and s.o cars all the time on my street bustin 12 year olds on four wheelers. i guees there the real bad guys ,not the scum bag crack heads with loaded guns.
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 04:42:51 PM »

The land isn't going to get any more legal to ride on anyway, even if nobody rides their. Also there is so many ways into these trails it would be nearly impossible to close.

Exactly!  Also, if you run from that cop and he catches you, you can forget ever riding your bike again.

How exactly would I never get to ride my bike again? Undecided

I have been riding on this land for about 12 years now, and in the last couple years they have been getting more and more strict. Its weird though cause when you go out there you see alot of people riding, people tow huge trailers out there sometimes.

About a year ago I got caught riding, cause someone was borrowing my friends atv the moment the cop came, so he couldn't run and I didn't want to leave him. The cop asked us some questions, told us that someone had reported us out there, then just said to ride home.

I understand that cops have to protect property rights, but sometimes they will just go out there and set traps to catch people four-wheeling, like they have nothing better to do. They will wait in the bottom of a pit or other heavily ridden area. I think they should focus on more serious things going on in the community.

Oh, well I am not to worried about it anyway I have been out running them fine on my 250ex and in a week or so I will have my 400ex ready Grin. Anyway I almost always see the cops before the see me, or at least we see each other at the same time. It is not an every single ride thing anyway, usually only on weekends. I also keep of roads, most of the time, to avoid them.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 07:03:35 PM »

its not cop bashing if you are truthful.facts:cops use discretion to benifit themselves and their friends and family.Cops use their authority to advance personal agendas and allow personal bias to affect their decision whether the charge or not.Cops can be bought.cops lie.All facts.Yes we need cops ,honest uncorrupt ,professional even handed enforcers of law,not judges and cowboys.pbso is out of control.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 07:32:53 PM »

Maybe if you spend a couple months over seas you would appreciate our police force.
You can't steriotype all cops for a few bad ones. Every group or organization has their good points and bad points, it is the facts of life.
The real truth of the matter is that if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing then you wont have to worry about cops at all. I teach my kids that when you do bad things then bad things will happen to you, if you do good things, good things will happen. Thats not to say that on occasion that you will hit a hurdle along the way but in general you will live long and prosper.
"If you are not a part of the solution then you are a part of the problem" Wink
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:55:30 AM by Inyourdraft2000 » Logged

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 11:20:57 PM »

The land isn't going to get any more legal to ride on anyway, even if nobody rides their. Also there is so many ways into these trails it would be nearly impossible to close.

How exactly would I never get to ride my bike again? Undecided

I have been riding on this land for about 12 years now, and in the last couple years they have been getting more and more strict. Its weird though cause when you go out there you see alot of people riding, people tow huge trailers out there sometimes.

About a year ago I got caught riding, cause someone was borrowing my friends atv the moment the cop came, so he couldn't run and I didn't want to leave him. The cop asked us some questions, told us that someone had reported us out there, then just said to ride home.

I understand that cops have to protect property rights, but sometimes they will just go out there and set traps to catch people four-wheeling, like they have nothing better to do. They will wait in the bottom of a pit or other heavily ridden area. I think they should focus on more serious things going on in the community.

Oh, well I am not to worried about it anyway I have been out running them fine on my 250ex and in a week or so I will have my 400ex ready Grin. Anyway I almost always see the cops before the see me, or at least we see each other at the same time. It is not an every single ride thing anyway, usually only on weekends. I also keep of roads, most of the time, to avoid them.

Idiot! I hope the cops catch you and send impound your bike. A night in jail would be cool too.

I never call for people to be banned from forums, but you need to be banned!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »

its not cop bashing if you are truthful.facts:cops use discretion to benifit themselves and their friends and family.Cops use their authority to advance personal agendas and allow personal bias to affect their decision whether the charge or not.Cops can be bought.cops lie.All facts.Yes we need cops ,honest uncorrupt ,professional even handed enforcers of law,not judges and cowboys.pbso is out of control.

And because of cops and law enforcment, degenerates can have freedom of speech on a forum.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 09:19:39 AM »

And because of cops and law enforcment, degenerates can have freedom of speech on a forum.
Shocked

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 09:49:23 PM »

exactly   ..degenerates excericising free speach,so are you braggin or complainin?
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 09:59:08 PM »

big scrub you need to stop callin people idiot and degenerate.those are personal attacks and I understand this forum will allow it if you are defnding cops.But its not ok to make personal attacks on this forum.Cant you discuss an issue without making personal attacks?Calling people that disagree with you disperaging names is not an argument nor does it enforce any point you may be trying to make.Actually does the opposite.
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 12:48:03 AM »

Bigscrb15, I am a degenerate? Ha, thats funny. I am far from being a degenerate.

What kind of an argument is that?

Idiot! I hope the cops catch you and send impound your bike. A night in jail would be cool too.

I never call for people to be banned from forums, but you need to be banned!

How old are you? I thought you had to be at least 12 or 13 to be on forums.............lol.

Bigscrb15, I have a hard time believing that you never have ridden anywhere but on your property or on legal trails.

Just to get things straight, I am not a "cop basher." I really dont mind them(most anyway). They are just doing their jobs, some have told me, "hey, I ride to, just try to keep it down," and they let me go. But this kind of stuff happened a couple years ago. I would always stop for cops cause all they would do is talk with you, most of them pretty cool people, and they tell you stay away from this area cause someone complains. But lately they are just getting ridiculous, they had a 3 cop/vehicle team out there last weekend.

I went out for almost 5 hours today, and didn't see any cops. It was a great ride, had a blast, hung out with some friends...............you know, usual degenerate stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com