Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82414 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2005, 12:56:39 PM »

Just got back and eberything went GREAT ! We are continuing on , he showed me the land we will be able to use and I think it will be a GREAT starting point . Now we are bringing in the lawyers for the liability issues .  , And drawing up the anticipated layout . Mini worm track for the little guys , Semi agressive " trail " system with jumps and stuff for the sport people , and a 4X4 proving ground that will provide the obsticals that will represent many different parts of the country . One thing that I hate to say is that there will not be much MUD . I know that it will dissapoint alot of people that there is no mud but I think I can set up some stuff that you and your 4x4 will find very challenging .People will have to pay to play but I think we can make it worth the cash .   [smiley=Approve.gif] [smiley=Approve.gif][smiley=Approve.gif]

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2005, 01:11:58 PM »

Just got back and eberything went GREAT ! We are continuing on , he showed me the land we will be able to use and I think it will be a GREAT starting point . Now we are bringing in the lawyers for the liability issues .  , And drawing up the anticipated layout . Mini worm track for the little guys , Semi agressive " trail " system with jumps and stuff for the sport people , and a 4X4 proving ground that will provide the obsticals that will represent many different parts of the country . One thing that I hate to say is that there will not be much MUD . I know that it will dissapoint alot of people that there is no mud but I think I can set up some stuff that you and your 4x4 will find very challenging .People will have to pay to play but I think we can make it worth the cash .   [smiley=Approve.gif] [smiley=Approve.gif][smiley=Approve.gif]

Thank alot for your hard work on this! I got the cash to ride when everything is setup Grin

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »

OK OK. Sounding great J. All I need to know is how far from Miami/Broward? Estimate? I can get many poeple interested but need to know distance. Also, can we camp there?

I have a "where to ride in the USA guide" that will help you gather some ideas. Let me know if you want it.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:16:56 PM by Eworm » Logged
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »

On the turnpike from Miami it will take about 1.5 hrs maybe a little less to get there . We have not wnet over the camping part but we will , The guy who owns the business I work for will be on the phone with the insurance MAN  manana . All the people from WEST Palm ,ST lucie , FT p will be driving under an hour .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:25:03 PM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »

On the turnpike from Miami it will take about 1.5 hrs maybe a little less to get there . We have not wnet over the camping part but we will , The guy who owns the business I work for will be on the phone with the insurance MAN  manana . All the people from WEST Palm ,ST lucie , FT p will be driving under an hour .

Ok, that is not to bad. I can get several members if that is what it takes to get this started(40-60). It would be good if we could spend the night camping though. Should not be a big deal. Just let me know.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2005, 01:32:10 PM »

It should be an easy ride for you . As the project goes along , there are plans for a pro shop , Food and refreshments , potties , ect ... I hope we can get it done and one thing, the more people we can get the more land we can get . So if we get it started and lose it it would truely be a shame .These opportunities dont come around very much .For any people that think I may be full of B.S. , sometimes I am but this time I'm not . Honest Engine .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:34:53 PM by J.D. » Logged

SoFlaEiger

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2005, 01:33:53 PM »

Hey this sounds great man!!! we really appreciate all the time and hard work you're putting into this and im sure that everyone will be willing to chip in their own efforts to help get this underway!!

Thanks again!
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2005, 02:09:40 PM »

I just want a place to ride close to home , If we get going the person we all need to to thank is the man with the land .

customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2005, 04:01:45 PM »

It sounds good but wait until the owner tries to get insurance and permits. If that can be done, that is when to celebrate. WE do appreciate the work that you are doing. I would be willing to help in many ways, if it gets going before May. That is when I go back to my business for the summer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »

If it's 1.5 hours from Miami, it's preety close to Broward then huh?  I'll be going there anyways, gotta ride!

So what is this place going to be called?
Lets call it goodluck praire!  Maybe it'll stay open that way,  Tongue  
And are the permits going to be the same as the ones for Croom, or different?

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2005, 04:11:33 PM »

We are going to run it from a non profit org . The land is zoned ag it may flow easy it may not , but I will not give up ! It will hopefully work somewhat like Durahmtown .But no races just riding .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 04:13:14 PM by J.D. » Logged

DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2005, 11:12:56 AM »

Dang im down. Ill pay whatever for a riding place hopefully everything go's well im looking foward to it.  Smiley
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2005, 10:21:05 AM »

It sounds good but wait until the owner tries to get insurance and permits. If that can be done, that is when to celebrate. WE do appreciate the work that you are doing. I would be willing to help in many ways, if it gets going before May. That is when I go back to my business for the summer.

No insurance necesary when the properly formatted document is singed by all visitors. There are ways to create waivers that will clear the owners of any wrong doing and/or responsibility as to what happens out. We will have to be the cops.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2005, 04:09:25 PM »

The waivers help but not completely . Even though they signed a waiver it doesn't prevent them from taking you to court which can still be $ .

tvman

tvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2005, 09:51:39 AM »

JD:

You are doing something really awesome for us people that love to ride...

I live in Jupiter and share the same dream and passion that you have for the sport...However, I lack the knowledge of getting done what you are attempting.  From a financial standpoint I can certainly be of assistance. I know alot of big players with $$$. Best part is that they all have kids that love to ride and they are really cool people.

If you PM me we can chat.

I admire what you're doing and wish you all the success you deserve for your efforts.  

I'm excited about this...Keep me informed of your progress..

tvman  
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2005, 12:17:55 PM »

I CAN'T WAIT!!  Two Thumbs Up!!  Grin

J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2005, 05:09:13 PM »

I sent a letter to Gov.Bush a while back with my concerns about riding areas .  He sent me a reply and believe it or not he signed it ! I'm going to hang it up at the shop.Anyway , I appreciate the kind words but we still have a long row to hoe .If some of the larger land owners in the ag areas could get the right breaks  They would have options other than just sellin out . It would be awsome if we had different areas competing with each other for peoples money .

Boomer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2005, 05:53:52 PM »

New to the area, heard about "Holey Land" would appreciate some directions to it. Need to go ridin. e-mail me @ waterdon@bellsouth.net thanks
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2005, 06:02:09 PM »

holley land is close right now you have to ride AREA 3a across the street, a 4x4 quad is a must!!!  no fun on a sport  atv to much mud..   and when the rain season starts it will be closed, from the high water level............
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2005, 06:03:53 PM »

for more info on holleyland go to the FWC web site look under hunting maps for the south areas
Boomer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2005, 06:37:14 PM »

Thanks for the info about "Holey Land" didn't know it was run by FWC
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2005, 06:59:14 PM »

It's dry at Holy Lands , a sport will do fine cool place to ride! [smiley=YingYang.gif]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 07:02:32 PM by J.D. » Logged

Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2005, 04:13:22 AM »

JD, this place is around Boca Raton or Palm Beach area then right?  What does the area look like?  Is it like Croom with sandy trails and lots of trees, or like Naples with like flatter ground and mud?

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2005, 02:25:36 PM »

New to the area, heard about "Holey Land" would appreciate some directions to it. Need to go ridin. e-mail me @ waterdon@bellsouth.net thanks

You may wanna start a thread or do a search
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »

No insurance necesary when the properly formatted document is singed by all visitors. There are ways to create waivers that will clear the owners of any wrong doing and/or responsibility as to what happens out. We will have to be the cops.

That is completely false. If you sign a waiver it means very little. If the property is maintained by the owner...like making trails and someone hits something. If they sue waivers do not cover neglect issues. I am speeking from experience with my own property. States with government riding areas do not make jumps, burms or tracks for this reason. Insurance is necessary. Do not get me wrong waivers should still be used.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 05:54:05 PM by customrubicon » Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com