Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82373 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2005, 05:43:28 PM »

It is going to take a while so just stick together . I'll give Joey a call next week , he said he had a bigger piece of land for us to look at ,and that is very important! We have to have enough land to make all the numbers click , we can't expect to meet the insurance , landowners fees with 50 acres of land ......That is where the whole thing gets tricky .It has to be entertaining with enough room so people will show up in numbers sufficient to make enough profit to be worth the investment . IT's tough being the middleman ! lets try to keep this topic on topic because last time we met I printed up ya'll's replies for him to keep and read . We are a team even if we don't realize it , words are a powerful thing  if used properly and honestly ! Keep in mind he is a straight talkin country boy .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2005, 05:51:31 PM »

It is going to take a while so just stick together . I'll give Joey a call next week , he said he had a bigger piece of land for us to look at ,and that is very important! We have to have enough land to make all the numbers click , we can't expect to meet the insurance , landowners fees with 50 acres of land ......That is where the whole thing gets tricky .It has to be entertaining with enough room so people will show up in numbers sufficient to make enough profit to be worth the investment . IT's tough being the middleman ! lets try to keep this topic on topic because last time we met I printed up ya'll's replies for him to keep and read . We are a team even if we don't realize it , words are a powerful thing  if used properly and honestly ! Keep in mind he is a straight talkin country boy .

J: keep in mind, that with minor changes to the track and/or trails it can make it a comepletely different expirience everytime the clients (us) go out there. A new twist here and a different turn there along with a new jump or something like that every so often... U know what I mean??? IMO it does not have to be that big of a place as long as it is maintained and it does not seam the same everytime. But dont get me wrong: THE BIGGER THE BETTER.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2005, 05:57:50 PM »

Did you hear all the comments about MSG last month being over crowded  ?The land size is one of our biggest hurdles so far ! I will definately keep it interesting , alot of stuff that no park in fl has to offer . The 4x4's will be introduced to a whole new type of riding ......Technical . And for the sports , a toned down moto x track . But it's going to be a bit .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2005, 11:41:19 AM »

I hate to say it , but we have to put our efforts on pause for a bit . I know some of you will be Pi$$ed but I cant help it ...I'm sorry . We just cant get enough land to support enough riders to make all the numbers click. If someone can get a group together with 40 riders or so willing to pay about $ 750 each let me know and I will help as much as I can . That will cover insurance and profit for the owner .. without me "middle man "
Again I'm  very sorry but my time and resources are spent . :-/

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2005, 11:56:50 AM »

I hate to say it , but we have to put our efforts on pause for a bit . I know some of you will be Pi$$ed but I cant help it ...I'm sorry . We just cant get enough land to support enough riders to make all the numbers click. If someone can get a group together with 40 riders or so willing to pay about $ 750 each let me know and I will help as much as I can . That will cover insurance and profit for the owner .. without me "middle man "
Again I'm  very sorry but my time and resources are spent . :-/

So can we safely say that if we get 300 members at $100.00 per member we can do this?
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2005, 12:09:26 PM »

Probably but ....everything will have to be constructed by vols. Potty...Track ....Again I'm sorry but I just cant get it done as a middle man .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2005, 12:15:08 PM »

Probably but ....everything will have to be constructed by vols. Potty...Track ....Again I'm sorry but I just cant get it done as a middle man .

So taking the pottys and bath rooms out of the picture, we would just basically have to groom it with tractors and bobcats? Is this what you are saying J?
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »

And get it worked out with the owner ...Probably not enough room for 300 members .

yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »

JD how many acres is i could tell you if that is enough room
kodiak69

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »

hey man im up her in vero id be more n happy to get a crew n come help just give me sum directions thanx
rednek

660 Rhino "Rednek"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2005, 10:22:05 AM »

Count me and little rednec in if it is within a 100 miles of Orlando
themensh

« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2005, 07:49:08 PM »

>Probably not enough room for 300 members .<< 

I hardly think 300 people would show up at one time.

>>40 members willing to pay $750<<<

And what do those 40 'members' get?

If a person or corporation had the land.......they could easily, for a yearly fee......get more than three hundred people and charge a couple hundred bucks  ($20 a month is not too outrageous.....considering the mileage I would expend going to Ocala Ntl. Forest or to croom.)  Porta potties would suffice for restrooms..........sure.........water fountains would be nice...........but lets get the riding area down first.
   My next thought is this sounds like a scam.........allot of hype, then backing out.....
     But for $750...what do we get?  (you not being a middleman and all..............)

Chuck
ridinjammer4ever89

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2005, 12:12:51 PM »

hey yuall is it in pbc if not where is it i would love too go and what terain is it mud trails tracks?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

1997 Chevy Tahoe 4dr. 4x4
1997 Chevy Suburban 4x4
1988 K-5 Blazer...
peppiegrizz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2005, 09:11:19 PM »

JD  ,   count on me and I'll get more people.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2005, 10:20:21 PM »

JD  ,   count on me and I'll get more people.

i think this idea has been tossed in the garbage, too expensive to happen right now.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
phoneguy982

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2005, 10:28:16 PM »

We live in St. Lucie and I'd be interested in joining. We just got 3 4-wheelers and need places to ride. LMK if I can help.
muddmxr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2006, 02:23:31 AM »

any one heard about cops giving tickets out at seaword was planning a ride onthe 21st

700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman
jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »

dont go (seaworld ) you'll be finger printed and maybe fined
Renagade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2006, 11:32:44 AM »

I'm in PSL and can help out if needed. There are still a few places we ride here but soon they will be gone. The need for a club is growing here. The club can get vouches for acquisitions like this one.
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2006, 01:45:34 PM »

so is thing out the doors id be willing to help not all the time but i can help if the land is still avible and everything u know

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2006, 04:23:44 PM »

Hey folks, we (http://www.fl-atv.com) have enough people to start our first park. All we need to do is identify some land for a purchase. Our group will put it all together and it won't be temporary. Remember we're about fractional ownership FOREVER.

So, anyone who is aware of some real riding land "for sale" please let me know via email purchase@fl-atv.com

We'll take care of ourselves and create our own riding land.
Raptor660R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »

How much land are you looking for, what areas and what price range?

02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2006, 12:59:42 AM »

I have a friend with some heavy equipment. Maybe there could be some kind of contract for frequent land grading to keep the grounds ridable. Maybe even help build a track!
Raptor660R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2006, 01:28:15 PM »

Any updates?

02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »

hey Raptor660R, I didn't receive an email telling me there was a response here(sorry).

What I believe us as a group will buy into is around 400 or so acres. Fortunately, the price has been dropping in recent months. I believe we'll be able to find prices in the $10-14,000 dollar per acre range (roughly 4-6 million per riding facility). The real plus with what we're doing is everyone owns. They can sell, trade - whatever with their share of the land.

I believe we can support several riding areas we just need to join forces and open our first one. Then we can add more and those who purchased a little far from home initially can trade or sell out to buy into one closer to their home (or own into multiple locations).

I've found acreage that has been cleared...I'm sure we don't want that. I've also found (but haven't been able to research) 400+ wooded acres off Hwy27 near hwy 64 (near Sebring and Lake Placid).

For the heck of it...how does something like that sound to you (in the $3-4,000 per owner range)??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com