Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's Vicki?  (Read 2044 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:48:44 PM »

Some of you may recall, I posted a thread on here a while ago, telling you how my friend Vicki was diagnosed with cancer. Well, I just wanted to let you all know, SHE IS DOING GREAT!!!! She has finished all her chemo, and things are looking really good.  Yea, she lost every strand of hair she had on her body, but other than that, she came through great. If you could see her, I swear, you would never know the battle she has faced.  Not only is her attitude one that we could all wish we had, she looks great.  The strange thing is, she looked great through the whole process.  I really expected after the say 2nd or 4th treatment, it would really start to wear her down, and she would look really sick, she never did.  You would look at her, say no way.

God is Great!  Again, she really appreciated all the prayers you guys sent out to her, I sent her the link to the site back then, and it REALLY meant alot to her, so THANK YOU ALL. 

Like I told, it's just like that song, "if your going through hell, keep on going, don't stop now, if your scared don't show, you might get out before the devil even knows your there......."

Thanks again, I just thought you all would like to know.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
exrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:55:11 PM »

Great to hear! Lets pray for the everyone else who is facing the same, to be as blessed.

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »

Yes, hopefully, this will lift them up some.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »

My mom was recently diagnosed with Colon Cancer and she is a Stage4.  She just started chemo and will be doing it until April.  Its the ONE thing you think will never happen to you or anyone else you know.  When I heard she had it I was utterly shocked and its scary to think about it.  Glad to hear your friend is doing better, I will let me my mom read this.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »

Great to hear Cheropride. I will continue to pray that she never has to battle it again. Also I will pray for your mom Suzuk1racer.

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 09:22:04 PM »

My mom was recently diagnosed with Colon Cancer and she is a Stage4.  She just started chemo and will be doing it until April.  Its the ONE thing you think will never happen to you or anyone else you know.  When I heard she had it I was utterly shocked and its scary to think about it.  Glad to hear your friend is doing better, I will let me my mom read this.

I totally know what you mean Suzuki, and I know when it's your mom, it really hits home.  Let her know, she can overcome, I really believe in the power of prayer, and the power of one's own mind.  Vicki never showed any weakness, and what I mean is yea, she was scared, but she somehow kept the faith that she would beat it, and she just kept believing that.  She never gave up hope, and when hope was thin, she leaned on the strength of our Lord!

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:15:48 AM »

I feel ya,my dad was dianosed with colon cancer and just recently went back in for a recheck and was given a clean bill of health.He was diagnosed and had surgery ten years ago.Tell your mom that.All to often you hear the horror stories and not the success stories but their out there. I come from a family of four boys and we all grew up working on cars,playing football in the street,getting in fights,chasing tail,etc etc.We were pretty rough and none of us were the emotional type.When my dad was diagnosed I invisioned him dying within a month and I was crushed.The good thing that came out of it was that I was so scared that I told him that I loved him every time I left the hospital.He always knew I loved him but it was kind of an unspoken thing.Ten years later and I still tell him I love him every time before we hang up the phone.So you see god does work in mysterious ways.Be sure to give your mom the support and encouragement that she will desperately need and dont be afraid or embarrassed to tell her you love her every day.    P.S. I'm no expert by any means but if you have any questions about colon cancer or just need to talk about it you can PM me if you need to. Good luck kid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com