Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polaris help  (Read 1402 times)
PaTkRider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »

I am wondering what happens to your quad when the coil pulsar goes bad?  My bike shuts down when im driving, but when I wait like 20min, it cools down then I could start it back up. The bike might go for a whole day without shutting down, or it might go for a few hours/minutes and shut down  So, I was wondering if it was the coil pulsar. If not what else could be the problem?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:16:38 PM by PaTkRider » Logged
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »

Sounds like the coil may be getting hot. The first thing to do is get a service manual and read up on it. I had a pulse coil that the wire was broken and it would touch and run perfect but as it moved, it the wire would quit touching and not fire, Noone seemed to no why it would fire sometimes and sometimes not. I finally got a book and kept it still why I worked on it and traced it to the pulse coil. It beat me up for months but now she runs perfect and not had a problem since.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
PREDOCROSS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:41:13 AM »

Also, Polaris has a strange fuse system. Get that service manual like Yunt said, it will pay for its self over and over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com