Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBC teeing up to opt out!~  (Read 10075 times)
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »

Hey just to give y'all a heads up. If I understood correctly Wednesday is the day the Commission votes to see if they will have a public hearing on the 27th of Feb.I just spoke with Mitra Malek,Staff Writer for The Palm Beach Post a little while ago. She is doing a story on ATV and public dirt roads should be in the POST Wednesday.Look for it & post it.

It seemslike the PBSO is pushing for the opt out due to complaints. I would like to here PBSO DEP 4 input on this prior to slamming the SO. Of course you know once the wheels are rolling its only a matter of time before they take that away from us as well. It almost feels like the money we spent in Titling & registering our ATV is spent persecuting us!

WHAT ABOUT MECCA?With all the commotion of the Ocala getting redirected & riding areas closed up looks like we will all have to travel out of state soon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 06:45:45 PM by bushwacker » Logged

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:13:47 AM »

I can confirm, PBSO is receiving a very large number of complaints regarding ATV's and Dirtbike's. Related complaints regarding property damage, trespassing and noise have also drastically increased. Violations in the Natural Areas my unit patrols, especially around Jupiter Farms and The Acreage, has increased. PBSO had a recruiting booth set up at the South Florida Fair.To help promoting safe, responsible riding, we had one of our ATV's on display and handed out OHV and Titling brochures. A unit member usually manned the booth to answer questions. I met alot of good people who enjoy the sport and wanted to know how to ride legally and avoid complaints. Unfortunately, alot of the people who approached us wanted to know how to get us to patrol their neighborhood and criticized the new law. This is the first I've heard about the county exploring the opt out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:15:53 AM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:05:15 AM »

"we had one of our ATVs on display and handed out OHV and Titling brochures"

Its a real shame that a few seem to ruin it for all. What is really pathetic is that the Palm Beach county employees "S.O." is out there doing there job, handing out info for legally titling ATVs at the fair. In turn raising more money from those who had not yet titled there ATVs leading them to believe that by doing so it is ensuring there will be funds to purchase legal riding areas.When all it does is fatten an account that is most likely siphoned off for some other programs.

Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »

Its a real shame that a few seem to ruin it for all. What is really pathetic is that the Palm Beach county employees "S.O." is out there doing there job, handing out info for legally titling ATVs at the fair. In turn raising more money from those who had not yet titled there ATVs leading them to believe that by doing so it is ensuring there will be funds to purchase legal riding areas.When all it does is fatten an account that is most likely siphoned off for some other programs.

My Commissioners told me They do not have to provide us anything......If I bought a Sports car they are not obligated to provide an Autobahn. I still have not gotten a  response about the Registration money...Ignorance and Business as Usual mentality..are the biggest obstacles. Why change it if it does not affect My paycheck either way? Saint Lucie county epitomizes the Peter Principal - "The least Qualified person will be placed in the Job requiring the Most Qualification"....

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:23:23 PM »

What we all have to realize is that in PB county there are many dirt roads . They are not just in the Acreage , Loxahatchee and Jupiter Farms. There are dirt roads (for example) in Westgate, there are also dirt roads in Riviera Beach. So , while all of the offenses may not happen out west , its all lumped together . To be honest , Im shocked that PBcounty didnt opt out in the first place. There are many other counties that opted out that are more rural , have less urban areas and are less populated. It was a matter of time before accidents or careless operation in some or all of PB county was brought before the commission by PBSO.  It was ours to lose and it looks like thats what will happen.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:20:57 AM »

Well said ! I agree with you. 

tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 06:43:27 AM »

whats real stupid to me is we cant even ride on dirt roads but they allow bicycles to ride down the middle of the road in packs causing traffic problems everyday if a bicycle can ride on the road i dont see why we cant.

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 08:23:06 AM »

from the palm beach post today:

Palm Beach County commissioners took the following action Tuesday:

• ATV restrictions: Gave initial approval to opt out of a state bill that allows riders of all-terrain vehicles to drive on unpaved roads during the day in areas where the speed limit is 35 mph or lower. A final vote is scheduled for Feb. 27. Commissioners supported the measure 6-0, with Mary McCarty away from the dais during the vote.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:03:09 AM »

i couldnt agree with you more. as far as i can see there is no benefit to registering titles besides "feeding the hand that bites you."

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »

Palm Beach Commissioners voted 6-0 to start the approval process to opt out. The BASTARDS!!!

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »

This is the first I've heard about the county exploring the opt out.

I find that hard to believe,Since the SO was a leading push in the desicion.....

Its over now Shocked

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »

Bushwacker,
I'm not sure where your getting your information. Those who complained to us were told to contact the county commission. We just printed up 1000 OHV brochures outlining the new law and were giving them out at the fair. With education and enforcement, we had hoped to avoid this. Unfortunately, Violations were getting out of control in areas such as The Acreage and unincorporated Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Rider's were driving through people's yards, paved roads, sidewalks, golf courses, equestrian areas, parks, ect.... Rather than blame the county, blame those who caused this to happen. As for the titling it's needed either way to operate on public lands in the state. It's mostly for the easy determination of ownership and helps us in recovering stolen quads and dirtbikes.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »

what public lands were losing more riding spots every day i own 4 quads and until i see something positive im not giving fl a dime. this whole sticker thing is a joke.just another way for the county to make more money for nothing.

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 11:58:06 PM »

amen!!!!

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:20 AM »

Bushwacker,
I'm not sure where your getting your information. Those who complained to us were told to contact the county commission.

AS they did on your offices recommendation,I understand your between a ROCK and a HARD place,but is there an effort from the SO to come up with a legal riding area?

Well none the less. I just dropped 10 grand on a Rhino hoping I will at least be able to use it in the state management areas until someone determines its an ATV anyway and it gets banned there as well. At that point my daughters should be old enough to drive and than they will get JEEPS.I will pack up & head for the hills literally.So I got all this ATV STUFF and paid taxes on EVERYTHING and soon I will only be able to travel 4 hours to CROOM to use them.WHATS NEXT?

CROOM a golf course community?

Whatever the reasoning pointing fingers wont help now.My information cant be all that bad since I did know about the hearing when NOONE else did.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:02:56 AM by bushwacker » Logged

miamigirlrider

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:07 AM »

I say you all attend the meeting Feb. 27 and have a huge peaceful protest but first advise your Commissioners of this. For those of you saying they don't owe us anything INCORRECT! If you purchase something legally and paid taxes on it and titling fee which portion of it goes to the OHV for the T.S. Law then they must provide a safe and legal area to practive and use what you purchased. Its lilke saying buy a car or boat but you can't use it unless you buy a piece of ocean or road. BULL.

You want the complaints to stop officer then open up a park so parents can take there kids.
You want the injury stats to go down then open a park up so teens aren't left to run up and down a street where they can get killed.
You want crime states to go down involving thefts of ohv, generators, etc, then open a park up so kids are busy and not out there bored out of there brains causing rukus.
And finally you want the farm complaints to go down OPEN A PARK UP so people that are unresponsible and idiots stay of the crop and ride at the park WHERE YOU CAN ENFORCE SAFE RIDING EASIER.

Its easy to ban the use of something when you are getting rich of the sale of the same item.
If it wasn't for this death we are dealing with I would be out there doing a campaign against this opt out.

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 10:22:05 PM »

I have heard this dude
on radio in gainesville and he doesn't like
global warming and  rush thinks: global warming is bull crap it's all lies
and try get people to joined  environmentists wacko's
and He thinks the environmentists our religion freaks
to brainwash others to joined there program for so many people to get involved with things.
But Rush  limbaugh is always right a lot things what he was saying on the radio talk show last week. 
But this guy tells it how it is even the United States of America..
he's more like a liberal independent type of person..
even Neal Boortz he's pretty good too so we need get theses guys to look
at new ATV law for the state of Florida
then he might get it all over the radio stations throughout the United States
 so a lot people might look into it so e-mail these guys they should help us out
with these things about the issues why ATVs should have the right to ride in this world
even farmers should have the right to ride on dirt roads.. Angry
but the law does not say about nighttime rides too..

I seen one my neighbors here when they come riding on the weekends on their
backyard ATV track and a lot of them do these nighttime rides when a slowdown,
but the cops don't usually come out here anymore because it's not worth complaining
it to them, all that time on complaints usually my other neighbors
don't complain very much around here in my neighborhood anymore.

So you people down in Palm Beach County you need get up and start fighting
for your protests and don't let the County betrayed you guys when
they passed at new ATV law during last year, sounds like they used you.  Give Hell Give Hell  Angry  Foot in Mouth

You guys shouldn't get punished for your actions the other people should be punished
not all ATV riders, sound like child play for a classroom to me like
one person get the blame then the whole entire  class takes the whole blame
for one stupid person for their cause.. see what I'm saying about that. Boxer Deal

So, you people down in Palm Beach County you need get the media involved with
this crap and start fighting your protests to make sure  don't going to opt out this law..
you guys shouldn't take blame for it and you guys pay all your taxes I can understand
so do you should make a complain about it if you start now you might get
chance to stop it before happens.. Roll Eyes

Thanks,
American Highlander  Cool

PS: Let your freedom go don't lose it keep on riding your four wheelers
to the glory on a dirt road in the state of Florida for all adult ATV riders
to let the freedom rise and don't give up God will be your hands he knows who
did right from wrong, I always say, what comes around what goes around
and bite back to them..

Here's radio talk shows.

Rush LimBaugh
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com
Neal Boortz
http://www.boortz.com
You should get bumper stickers for your four wheelers to hang on
on the back of your taillights..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:27:42 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Anoriginal

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »

I have heard this dude
on radio in gainesville and he doesn't like
global warming and  rush thinks: global warming is bull crap it's all lies
and try get people to joined  environmentists wacko's
and He thinks the environmentists our religion freaks
to brainwash others to joined there program for so many people to get involved with things.
But Rush  limbaugh is always right a lot things what he was saying on the radio talk show last week. 
But this guy tells it how it is even the United States of America..
he's more like a liberal independent type of person..
even Neal Boortz he's pretty good too so we need get theses guys to look
at new ATV law for the state of Florida
then he might get it all over the radio stations throughout the United States
 so a lot people might look into it so e-mail these guys they should help us out
with these things about the issues why ATVs should have the right to ride in this world
even farmers should have the right to ride on dirt roads.. Angry
but the law does not say about nighttime rides too..

I seem one my neighbors here when they come riding on the weekends on their
backyard ATV track and a lot of them do these nighttime rides when a slowdown,
but the cops don't usually come out here anymore because it's not worth complaining
it to them, all that time on complaints usually my other neighbors
don't complain very much around here in my neighborhood anymore.

So you people down in Palm Beach County you need get up and start fighting
for your protests and don't let the County betrayed you guys when
they passed at new ATV law during last year, sounds like they used you.  Give Hell Give Hell>Sad  Foot in Mouth

You guys shouldn't get punished for your actions the other people should be punished
not all ATV riders, sound like child play for a classroom to me like
one person get the blame then the whole entire  class takes the whole blame
for one stupid person for their cause.. see what I'm saying about that. Boxer Deal

So, you people down in Palm Beach County you need get the media involved with
this crap and start fighting your protests to make sure  don't going to opt out this law..
you guys shouldn't take blame for it and you guys pay all your taxes I can understand
so do you should make a complain about it if you start now you might get
chance to stop it before happens.. Roll Eyes

Thanks,
American Highlander  Cool

PS: Let your freedom go don't lose it keep on riding your four wheelers
to the glory on a dirt road in the state of Florida for all adult ATV riders
to let the freedom rise and don't give up God will be your hands he knows who
did right from wrong, I always say, what comes around what goes around
and bite back to them..

Here's radio talk shows.

Rush LimBaugh
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com
Neal Boortz
http://www.boortz.com
You should get bumper stickers for your four wheelers to hang on
on the back of your taillights..

Awesome!!! Toast
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 12:09:34 PM »

this was very well put you guys gotta go to the Feb 27 meeting united and don't get all out of wack 1 well spoken person to simply say I as the people around me are not the ones doing wrong yet we are the ones that are getting punished cause you gotta understand the ones doing it illegally know they are and will continue by BPSOatv saying call your commission they get rid of the responsibility for know once the opt out goes in effect the ones doing it wrong will continue doing it wrong and the PBCPD will have to go and try to catch the perps while they are doing it!                                                       HERE IS THE SMART WAY OF DOING SOMETHING THE COPS SHOULD JUST TRY TO CATCH THEM WHILE THEY ARE DOING IT CAUSE BROTHER ALL THAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN THE LAW GETS KILLED IS SIMPLY THE COPS ARE GONNA HAVE TO HANDLE IT IN THE LONG RUN. BUT LIKE MGR SAYS IT IS EASIER TO PUNISH ALL THEY TRY TO CATCH THE PERPS my.02 I am in Miami and this crap is on Tuesday if not I'd try to help remember UNITED don't get all crazy that is what they want and expect.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »

I would like to know more about the law regarding the tax collected for the titling. If someone has a link, please send it, as I would like to have a better understanding of it. As I currently understand it, it's a STATE tax, not a county tax. The STATE has provided riding areas where it feasibly can. I don't think the county is obligated to provide riding areas. If thats not the case, the STATE or COUNTY would have to provide snow if someone bought a snowmobile. Operating a motor vehicle on public roads and lands is a PRIVILAGE, not a RIGHT. The county commission and law enforcement has to look at the big picture, not just yours. If you have 100 people complaining about the lack of riding areas, and 1000 people complaining about reckless ATV operation, the math is easy to compute. Just providing riding areas doesn't solve the problem. There are legal riding areas no more than 45 minutes from Loxahatchee and Jupiter Farms. Yet, riders choose to cut fences and trespass on private property and natural areas. Most I've stopped said they don't feel like trailering to a legal area and would rather ride out of their front yard. Owning an ATV is no different than owning a boat or a gun. It has to be transported to a safe, suitable and legal location for use. It's that simple......The county isn't going to provide a canal system to navigate a boat from your front yard and you can't just stand in your front yard and fire a gun in all directions. Those who choose not to accept this only make things more difficult for those trying to do the right thing. As violations continue to rise, more and more counties will opt out and the view of the ATV community in the eyes of the general public and law enforcement will diminish.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »

PBSO, where's a legal riding area 45 minutes from Jupiter Farms? Holeyland/Everglades WMAs? They're unrideable(underwater/hunting season) 9 months of the year.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »

there aint no legal riding areas unless you own land dont tear stuff up if your ridin a race bike go to a track to kill yourself n let us other folks have fun w/o breakin 500 decibals n lettin everybody n there grandmother know we are there i live in the ''city'' n i know of enuff wooded ridin areas within 5 minutes of my house to never run out sure cops have stopped me they usually just run there mouths act tuff n   then go get a donut so wat im tryinto say is if your gunna ride especially utes n mud bikes be careful n dont dump crap all over n dont drink n drive etc...and the cops will prolly leave you alone or just run there mouths act like you give a rats tail [keyword act] n listen to wat they say n then keep ridin Grin   

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

almost as dumb as you not knowin the difference between a race bike and a sport bike i love ridin sport bikes and utes[and i'm 17 love goin fast and i'm not even that fat] i'd prolly even like a race bike but a race bike 450r yfz ltr arent built for cruisen the trails i was out last weekend on a trail in my truck around 10mph and a raptor comes tearin around a corner at atleast 50mphand nearly buries himself in my steel tube bumper then swerves to miss me n comes 2 inches from a tree and oh btw with a helmet on while riding a quiet bike you cant hear a 757 takin off so thats bs

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »

but understand by opting out the county still kills the little riding of unpaved roads for those who still do it right and as for you analogy yes you tow your boat to a public or county run ramp which is still maintained by county workers as for picking up garbage from tanks and charging for parking see boating is a privilege that you get ticketed if you do something wrong they don't just opt out of it and close down the ramps.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »

On a previous post regarding Palm Beach County I had mentioned that riders in Palm Beach need to get their sh!t together.  You guys have to fight NOW or forget it.  Start hitting your county commissioners HARD !  Someone from this site, someone from this county needs to get BIG BALLS to step up to the plate.  Quit the b!tching AND DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOMETHING ! 

We got the pressure on Dade County, We got the SFWMD on their knees in Collier and have a temp spot and a 628 acres perm spot. I am fighting in Lee County and working with Park & Recreation for a 500,000 grant. Trust me guys, it works !

Need my help ----------------------> PM ME !

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com