Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holeylands Cleanup  (Read 7484 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »

Just wanted to thank everybody that showed up.  We had an excellent showing and hauled away a full dump truck of trash out.  We cleaned for about 1-1/2 hours then went riding.  WE HAD A BLAST!  It was great to meet and ride with everyone.  There was riding for everyone; mud, fast trails, easy pace or flat out.  My Raptor and body got a good workout following Thrumud, TRX450R_Racer, Pelele and MX Raptor 7R (hope I didn't forget anybody).  For those that haven't ridden with these guys, they haul azz!  Miamigirlrider is a really nice gal and a real champion for our sport.  We all need to thank her for the work she and ATVMiaExtreme does.  Most everybody that showed was from the South Florida area but special thanks to the guy (I'm sorry - I couldn't remember your screen name - was it arcticcat?) who came all the way from North Port to help us out.  Guys, can't wait to ride with you again.  If you ever make any plans, be sure to call the Digginfool!  I'm there!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 03:23:00 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »

sure wish I coulda showed, but the boss said no.

I'll just take a big trashbag with me next time I get time to ride and go down there myself.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:58:15 PM »

I had a great time.  It was nice to meet everyone and look forward to the next time.

I got to pull a sport quad out of the mud with my 2wd Ute Cool

This was my first time at this place and I must say I was not dissapointed.
As Diggin said there was something for everyone. 

I will post some pics in the pic section

-Scott-

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Did anybody get a picture of his Raptor buried in the mud?  Man, that was funny.  He had to have had at least 60 lbs. of mud packed into the front of his quad.  I was about 100 feet behind him and he just stopped.  That mud was sticky and deep!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
ScooterB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »

Did anybody get a picture of his Raptor buried in the mud?  Man, that was funny.  He had to have had at least 60 lbs. of mud packed into the front of his quad.  I was about 100 feet behind him and he just stopped.  That mud was sticky and deep!

I had my camera but I was pullin him out.. Bang Head

I thought is was bad enough without takin pics  Wink

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
SADRA
NPORA
Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 08:18:21 PM »

It was nice to see what a group can accomplish.  Clapper I did not get to meet everybody but a few more rides will fix that.  I had to leave when you guys were leaving to go ride.  My kids were happy to help out.

Thanx for singing "Happy Birthday" to my son.  None of us wanted to leave, so next year's Bday will be @ Holeyland Thumbs Up

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 08:21:39 PM »

I was the guy with the artic cat with the 2 kids but I am from Miami the guy u are thinking about was the 1 with d honda ranger (Scott) and I am Peter but it was nice to ride if you are the guy I think you had your 2 kids riding?

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

Yes, that's me.  In fact, if you had the little girl who wore the same O'Neal shirt that my girl wore, PM me with your phone because my daughter wants to call your daughter, if that's okay with you.  Either way, we definitely look forward to riding with all of you again.  Really enjoyed meeting everyone.  Now I just need to memorize everybody's name!   Wink  Hey Scott, sorry about messing up your name.  Hope you had a safe trip back home this morning.   

LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 01:18:50 AM »

it took me a good hour to wash all the mud off the bike Grin what a pain that was, but i still had a blast
miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 08:40:52 AM »

I want to thank everyone who made it out to the clean up!!!! Special thanks to ATVFLORIDA, NORTHPORTOFFROAD, FULL TRACK CONSERVERVATION CLUB and the fellow who donated the dump truck.

It was a great ride and most of all a great clean up. Many new faces, OffRode, Digginfool, Aintskeered, Charlotte and her family, Hunter and his family, ScooterB and his boy(Aintskeered, what happened to you? I was looking foward to riding with you and your son?) Anyways, I was really happy to meet new faces, I am looking foward to our Lake Delancy Group Ride and S. Estates ride.

I will post pictures up tonight and will let everyone know when to pick up there newspaper.

AGAIN< THANK YOU EVERYONE.

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »

The dump truck was courtesy of yours truly; the digginfool.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:22:04 AM by digginfool » Logged

ScooterB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »

Yes, that's me.  In fact, if you had the little girl who wore the same O'Neal shirt that my girl wore, PM me with your phone because my daughter wants to call your daughter, if that's okay with you.  Either way, we definitely look forward to riding with all of you again.  Really enjoyed meeting everyone.  Now I just need to memorize everybody's name!   Wink  Hey Scott, sorry about messing up your name.  Hope you had a safe trip back home this morning.   

No problem, I made it home fine, cleaned the bikes and started the smoker for ribs for the game.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
SADRA
NPORA
Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »

The dump truck was courtesy of yours truly; the digginfool.
Bow

Your truck was a GREAT help, thanks.

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »

Just wanted to say it was really nice meeting everyone. this was my 1st group ride but not my last. I had a great time trying to keep up with with group. can't wait to see the pics!!!

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 11:40:36 PM »

and finally Rene on the floor.

DIGGINFOOL THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE TRUCK>

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 07:21:53 AM »

Great pics, Cary!  Again, it was really nice meeting and riding with everybody.  Looking forward to riding with you guys again.

pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:01 AM »

Jajajajaja  Rene ... rata inmunda animal rastrero......He always falling of something or getting stuck...

Great pictures... thanks cary

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
07pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

that looks like great fun count me in next time.anyone have directions from Ft Myers I have never been

07 Polaris predator 500
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »

so was any FWC officers out there to witness the efforts of those you made it out there to clean up....would hate to think it was not appreciated
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:21:02 PM »

Can't say one way or another whether our efforts were directly witnessed by FWC, however, with that being said, miamigirlrider is well known by the regional supervisor of FWC and she made it known to him that we would be there.  She relayed to us that he would show up if at all possible.  There were quite a few people on site that witnessed our efforts and many of them joined in and/or made positive comments.  I'm quite sure our efforts are much appreciated by everyone that uses that land.  The sheer volume of trash we hauled out made a difference for that area.  There was a noticeable difference from before to after.  Everybody who uses that land should make a habit of taking out more than they bring in.  It's a shame that so many people never learned to pick up after themselves but a few can make a difference.

johnny c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 12:42:51 PM »

besides the trash issue what else is the fwc upset about?
(speeders?)
what can we do when we are all out there to ensure they wont close it down,
in other wards
What will make the fwc happy?so there is no problem.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 07:30:43 PM »

FWC all over Holeyland today enforcing all the laws. They issued many $50 fines to people who had those triangular flags, instead of the 10"x12" rectangular ones. They also issued tickets to parents whose kids had no helmets and some reckless operation fines, as well. I warned one  group of morons not to speed past cars, kicking up rocks and mud on the cars. They said OK and then ignored me. 10 minutes later, FWC issued the father of the morons 4 tickets. I'm now convinced it's not going to last long out there.

Read this.  The FWC is slowly tightening the screws.  These efforts are initially to drive off those who are too lazy to comply with the rules.  If this doesn't work, they will take it a notch higher (who knows what the limit will be).  If that still doesn't work, they will ban us.  The best thing you can do at this point is to know the rules before you go, abide by them, and try to be brave enough and diplomatic enough to inform those that are exhibiting behavior detrimental to the perception that we want FWC to have of atvers.  Don't be bashful but don't put yourself in harms way, either.  Many of these idiots get downright hostile if you try to talk to them.  If they don't listen, walk away.  If you see FWC, point them out.  Otherwise, enjoy it while we still have it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:20:59 AM by digginfool » Logged

snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:19 PM »

well, FWC is definatily tighting down, we just our flag(it broke) and my dad was headed out to look for it when they gave him a ticket, tey didn't care, we had the mount on there, or that he was going to look for it, as we were pulling out, we saw another guy coming up onto the levee from the south side without a flag but he had the pole and he was also written a ticket

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com