Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride in jacksonville?  (Read 17320 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »

Huh Is there any good riding places around  jacksonville? The land behind my house just became under new ownership and the guy is a real  Lips Sealed ya know.. He doesn't like ATVs and we need a new place to ride arount the jax area. We ride in ocalla national forest but that is just to far away to ride all the time. Any suggestions?

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
alex_trxer

just add dirt!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 07:16:17 PM »

theres a place in hillard theres a big mx track 4 dirtbikes and theres a sand track 4 atvs and its about a mile long and theres a tiny sand pit my oppion it sucks and its bout a hour from maindrain but its worth u to check it out hope this helps  :-/ but ocala is better if u ask me.
alex

getting them back
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 08:56:35 AM »

Ther is a nice place out in Interlockin, BIGWORM and I go there sometimes, but it is still a ways out. Not to far for me as I live in OP. It is a fun place not very big though.

Jim,  Roll Eyes

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 01:32:47 AM »

Not really any places left unless you know someone with private land every place we used to ride now has housing developments. About the closest places are Osceola, Ocala/Rodman and Jasper. There is Hilliard but it pretty much blows IMO. Rodman is only an hour for me so I don't mind there and Osceola is only about 45 min.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 01:33:47 PM »

If you are willing to ride Ocala, then the drive to 5A (Scottsmore) should be with in reach. Depending on where you are at in Jax you should be able to get there in 1 1/2. Its only 15-20 min south of Daytona. Just inside the Brevard County line.
But if you have a little 2wd quad you may want to wait for it to dry up a bit.

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 05:07:58 PM »

LITTLE 2wd quad Angry  If it is muddy then my LITTLE 250 will hang with your honda and my dads sp500. On a different note where exatcly is this place at and is it muddy? Thats what we like to ride. Grin

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 05:58:41 PM »

No offense meant. By 2wd quad I meant race type quads (Banshee/Raptor type) with a chain that will spend most of the ride underwater, being destroyed by the sand in the water.
It is right off I95, behind the old burned down Dairy Queen.
Just south of the Volusia county line.
There are pics of it on this site search under 5A. (5A is the county road that intersects the interstate)

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
rvman

River Ranch Property Owner since 1982

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 09:43:07 AM »

where is this spot in interlachen i live in melrose and that is very close! any info would be nice thanx roclord1@aol.com                                                                                                                                                   i know of a spot in florahome only few miles from interlachen has big mud hole and sand pit hill lets hook up and ride!!    
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:47:25 AM by roclord » Logged

450 Foreman ES, Mudzilla's
350 Rancher ES, Vampires
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 12:32:27 PM »

A Chevron staition on 315C, across 315C is a dirt road that goes by the ball fields. Take that road about 2 miles and pit and rideing area is on the right.  Huh I know this is not to clear but is you look me up on Sat. at Rodman I will try to do better. Or maybe BIGWORM can do better.  Roll Eyes

Jim, [smiley=Ermm.gif]

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
rvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 02:15:50 PM »

thanx i will be at rodman !!

350 Rancher ES, Vampires
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 02:21:41 PM »

Look for a white Expidetion pulling a 2 axle trailer with a Blaster on the front then a yellow and gray Warrior and a black and white Warrior, and last a Banshee. Will be glad to give you directions to get there to ride. Might even join you. As it is a good place for a short day ride.   [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Jim,  Roll Eyes

rvman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 02:23:55 PM »

cool sounds great see u there!!

350 Rancher ES, Vampires
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »

Thanx. I didn't think that u ment racequads. Might go this comming sunday.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
rampage45

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 05:54:32 PM »

i know of a pretty good palce in middle burg or south orange park i or any of the other guys that go never get botherd and it it pretty good fun  i am going to go thisweekend but anyways it is at the corner of brannan feild rd and blanding it is about 125 acres  if i am right i just summited a qurey on trying to get land but i need to find people interested  but drop me a line if you want beter directions  kolohe@bellsouth.net
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 07:02:39 PM »

hmm.. is it muddy and is it leagal to ride on...  Cool

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Seabee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 07:09:13 PM »

Have a few decent places to ride up here in St.Marys and Kingsland especially if you like to get muddy. PM me for directions.

2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd
rampage45

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 09:44:18 AM »

the pace is leagal as far as i am  aware of  no one or no body bothers us and mud is the majority of it lol it is good an muddy
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »

How muddy is it? Is it like 4x4 only or is it 2x4 and 4x4? I don't want to show up and get stuck every 5 minutes...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
rampage45

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 05:08:27 AM »

no i drive a 2 wd s10  so you will not get stuck all the time im going to try and get back out there today sunday  later
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 08:29:35 AM »

Yea we might be heading out there also. But i ment about getting stuck on my quad all the time. I didn't mean the truck thing. We have a silverado1500 4x4 so that shouldn't be a problem. Grin We should be out there some time this afternoon.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
rampage45

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 08:43:18 AM »

no the quads wont get suck i ride a home built gokart  and well when i get stuck  well that is due to the reason i go where i shouldnt or that i get way off the trail  anyways i am going to leave around 1200 or so  but  i will be in a red s-10  my name is mike maybe i will see you out there later
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 09:59:49 AM »

Good. We won't be leaving untill 1:00 or so. Thanks and we will try to find a home made go-kart. Roll Eyes

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 03:21:32 PM »

I must have a gigant black cloud following me around. Cry We pull up there and there is a Red dodge ram, a blue expidition and something else stting there and there is a guy on a polaris phonex trying to get it to start. We roll down the window and say hi and he says that we just missed the cops. 15MINUTES BEFORE WE GOT THERE A COP CAME BY AND RAN EVERYBODY OFF!!!! [smiley=Angry.gif] Angry  We had drove 2 hours for absloutley nothing... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed We just stood there in shock. So we said by and left. We did find somewhere to ride though. They said that they were gonna go get a writtin permit form the land owner and i was wondering who he was so we could be able to ride there...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
rampage45

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »

well it is weird  that guy said that because he was there since aroung 1100 or so and well i left around 1 or so cause i ripped the fron end off again and well i dont think the cops will run any one off because one of the guys that rides out there is an orange park police or clay county police  but he said till the start to build the walmart there that he dont see why we can not ride there and well as long as we keep it clean but then again there was a bunch of big 4wd  out there tearing it up so maybe they were there to run them out lol well anyways sorry about that  didnt mean to have you drive all the way out and nothing but i will be out there again next weekend both sat and sun  i will go there untill they put no trespassing signs up and  so fourth .
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2005, 08:14:22 PM »

So would it be worth it to drive out there again? I don't want to get run off again. Mabye if those big fat 4wds arent out there tearing it up and attracting attenion then the cops won't care. It is funny though my dad has a big 500 4x4. Shocked Anyway we might try it again this weekend. More that likley saturday. What i don't under stand it that if the property is privatly owned then why would the cops be able to say anything??? Or did the land owner get PI Lips Sealed :-Xed off and say to kick everybody out? Anyway like i said we might try it again but this time i want to show up the same time you do so that we don't get lost Grin

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com