Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Say Thanks to A-holes who got Rodman shut down!!!!!  (Read 5391 times)
bearfoot_25

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:48 PM »

First i would like to say that this is directed to whomever had a part in the folowing. They may or may not be members of this site . Also i am not limiting this to this forum, i will post in all forums which i am a member of or thinki might be relevant.

As most of you know this weekend was the Fl4wd campout at the Oklowaha camp ground. When i first headed out there from palatka I noticed in the Rodman sand pit that Poles were put in to be a border between the Numbered road F.R.88 where ATV's are not allowed and the Sand pit where they are allowed. Which is cool cause everytime i come through there on 88 Some Jacka$$ o an ATV darts out in front of me like they own the road. Then in the south part of the pit theres trails going through the brush that are now marked as pedestrian traffic only. with signs. When leaving the Campground Today Going Back through the Pit People had ripped all the Signs down in the south part and Pulled up Some of the Wooden Poles That border the road and the pit.

There were Forestry Workes and Deputy's on the Scene Surveying the damage and filing reports. We stopped and had a word with them, they were very courteous and polite to us and explained that The Rodman area is going to be Shut down to all motorized vehicles soon due to lack of people following the signs and just destroying and stealing them.

whoever you are Thanks allot you I Hope you ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next i would Like to thank the 6or7 MouthBreathing F#$KTards In Jeeps Off of F.R. 77 on the East Side of HWY19 that goes out to the river Who were Illegally riding off of the trail into the Highly Marked wildernass Area. The Lead Jeep was stuck about 25 Ft from pulling back onto the trail as we drove by they were pulling winch cable to some of the trees on the other side of the road. Ironically the winch cable was hanging right above A sign marking it as wilderness area. If they winched out they either had to r8un over the sign or move it Out of the way, so they KNEW they were wrong.

The Batteries in my camera were dead otherwise i would have taken pics and turned All of those bastards in. I also prolly would have gotten out and shown I disagree if i hadnt had my little ones with me, they dont need to see me lose my cool on some asshat. It was a yellow YJ barely lifted running A/T's about 32 33 inches tall, you know who you are and i hope your Jeep Burns to the Ground with you in it you inconsiderate Punk. The same with the othe Dumbasses who were following him.
LeBlanc Outdoors

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

Why fight against all those who closed down 95% of the forest already, when we can fight amongst ourselves and give them all the reasons they want to shut down the remaining forest, and blame it on us.   They have given us an untenable and unusable forest plan doomed for failure, as they intended it to fail.  They have done it well as they have had lots of practice in other National Forests and Parks to implement these plans which have the sole purpose to make us out as the bad guys as we turn on each other out of frustration.   Do I condone these actions of the Jeeps and ATVers or vandals in question, NO,NO,NO.  Is the closures, rules, etc etc, designed to cause the frustration which causes this behavior, I Believe YES, as it will lead to their goal, COMPLETE CLOSURE!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:14:08 PM by LeBlanc's » Logged
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »

I just have to say something here. its funny how you know it was atv riders that removed the signs and poles and not the the drunk locals that party out there every weekend. you sure are quick to put the blame where it does'nt need to be. and also everybody uses that sand road you if you almost hit some one you were going to fast.

bearfoot_25

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 11:53:14 PM »

I just have to say something here. its funny how you know it was atv riders that removed the signs and poles and not the the drunk locals that party out there every weekend.

I never said it was an ATV rider who did it.

everybody uses that sand road

numbered roads are for licensed vehicles only. That sand road is F.R.88, Which makes it a numbered road, which means a ATV should not be there. I wouldnt call 15 to 20 MPH too fast.
bearfoot_25

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »

Wildbrain400EX

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:45:36 AM »

Why fight against all those who closed down 95% of the forest already, when we can fight amongst ourselves and give them all the reasons they want to shut down the remaining forest, and blame it on us.   They have given us an untenable and unusable forest plan doomed for failure, as they intended it to fail.  They have done it well as they have had lots of practice in other National Forests and Parks to implement these plans which have the sole purpose to make us out as the bad guys as we turn on each other out of frustration.   Do I condone these actions of the Jeeps and ATVers or vandals in question, NO,NO,NO.  Is the closures, rules, etc etc, designed to cause the frustration which causes this behavior, I Believe YES, as it will lead to their goal, COMPLETE CLOSURE!!!

LeBlanc's......You hit the nail right on the head with this one.

Up here in Ohio, The Forest Service built us a "Trail System" that closed down 90% of the riding that we once had in Wayne National Forest.

The "Trail System" was built for our own good with all the promises of trail maintainence and all that stuff.
We started out with about 400mi of trails.

All of the sudden.................. 

We started hearing "Due to the ever increasing costs of trail maintainence" we must now sell you trail permits to ride this trail system.

A few more years go by and you started hearing again...."Due to the ever increasing costs of trail maintainence" Then the Forest Service started to close down the trails.

A little more time goes by........ Then you started hearing about some kind of frog that is on the endangered species list. There goes more trails.

And what about all the miles of trails that were just closed with no explaination at all.

We are now down to about 70mi of trails and the trail permits have just been increased X2.

You are darn right.  The Forest Service knows exactly what they will do with all these trails in the long run.

Created confusion......That is what they are best at. And the goal for the long term is "Complete Closure"
viper

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 07:07:39 AM »

I really think LeBlanc's did hit the nail on the head - but I also think it is time to fight back in both the political arena and the non political arena. How many are in.

lisa

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »

Bearfoot, you are very niave if you think they weren't going to close Rodman anyway. While ONFA and Mr. Bush "opened" the area backup, since Linda Duever is on the Board of ONFA (She works with Defenders who filed the suit to close the Pit in the first place) I knew it was only a matter of time before they closed it down (ONFA was the group who kept it open for at least this long.)

I have stated this before. While I don't condone the destruction, I live in the South. I understand how these guys and gals feel. This is their forest. These are their trails and their lands; then some dandie from out-of-state comes in and tells them they can no longer use their forest as they always have, as their fathers did, as their grandfathers did.

Florida is going to become another California and faster than you think if we don't stand strong. I am seeing which way the wind is blowing here. It won't be easy. If we had started an organization the year or two ago that I wanted to, we might have been able to beat these guys off. Now, we have a much tougher fight ahead of us. We can do it. We can sue their butts, we can write letters, and we can get their attention by yanking funding and doing what we can to kill their programs.

Stop blaming each other, stop blaming even those who really are at fault for tearing things up. Stand strong together against our common enemy, then we can work on those who are causing the damage; together!

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »

this sign says no ohvs on numbered roads the pit is not a road what is to stop you from entering on the side

Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »

The trail to the right is the one atvs are suppose to use, that trail brings you away from the power lines or "so called road"

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 07:22:18 AM »

I was out at the pit on saturday. my friend, who had never been there, when past the logs in the sand to turn around, and some guys in a ford ranger pulled him over and almost gave him a 175.00 ticket for riding on the named or numbered road. He got away with a verbal warning, since he did not know. They did have the logs up, but no signs that I could see. Looked like the logs in the sand were to keep cars and trucks from entering the sand pit. not the other way around.

The whole trails systems idea stinks! We got ran off the trail twice from folks coming the other way at a fast rate of speed. The trails are not wide enough! And they are wooped out beyond belief.

I can't wait until April so I can start paying a fee to ride these beautiful trails.

The locals up there are not liking this one bit. One guy stopped us and said he can't even ride his quads anymore. He was 65 yrs. old and did not live by one of the trail heads. So sad!   

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »

i will post in all forums which i am a member of or thinki might be relevant.

Next i would Like to thank the 6or7 MouthBreathing F#$KTards In Jeeps Off of F.R. 77 on the East Side of HWY19 that goes out to the river Who were Illegally riding off of the trail into the Highly Marked wildernass Area. The Lead Jeep was stuck about 25 Ft from pulling back onto the trail as we drove by they were pulling winch cable to some of the trees on the other side of the road. Ironically the winch cable was hanging right above A sign marking it as wilderness area. If they winched out they either had to r8un over the sign or move it Out of the way, so they KNEW they were wrong.

The Batteries in my camera were dead otherwise i would have taken pics and turned All of those bastards in. I also prolly would have gotten out and shown I disagree if i hadnt had my little ones with me, they dont need to see me lose my cool on some asshat. It was a yellow YJ barely lifted running A/T's about 32 33 inches tall, you know who you are and i hope your Jeep Burns to the Ground with you in it you inconsiderate Punk. The same with the othe Dumbasses who were following him.

Ok so can I ask why you haven't posted this on the site it belongs on? The group you are bashing is not a group of rebels like you are trying to make them out to be.  They are part of a very reputable club.

Do you know the people you are bashing, telling them you want their jeeps to burn to the ground with them in it? Pretty harsh comment against people that had you gone and spoke to them would have been very nice!

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:32:07 AM »

Soooo, I guess you were either the "punk" or one of the "dumbasses".  LOL

I agree that they have mostly, or total closure planned eventually.  But these few "dumbasses" that are doing these things are just reinforcing their reasons for closure.
bearfoot_25

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »

i will post in all forums which i am a member of or thinki might be relevant.

Ok so can I ask why you haven't posted this on the site it belongs on? The group you are bashing is not a group of rebels like you are trying to make them out to be.  They are part of a very reputable club.

Do you know the people you are bashing, telling them you want their jeeps to burn to the ground with them in it? Pretty harsh comment against people that had you gone and spoke to them would have been very nice!

And exactly which site are you refering to that this rant belongs on??

If they arent a group of rebels then why would they Be trail riding in a posted area no farther than 20ft from a big white sign with red letters stating as such??

What reputable club might they belong to?

I belong to a few different clubs and if i did what they did i would be kicked out because it isnt tolerated.

Let me know what club they belong to and i will gladly go post on thier site and give them a chance to defend themselves. If they do in fact have a legit reason for being there( which i highly doubt) I will gladly delete the posts and post an apology.
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »

Jeeze, this sounds so insanely stupid.  To close 30 or so acres(my guess) of nothing but SAND, because a few idiots pulled up their signs.  Why not set up new signs, and post someone there incognito until they come rip them down again.  Fine the crap out of them (to pay for the signs, and officers time) for destruction of fed property.  But to close that area down, it's like a kids sand box.  There's nothing environmental to destroy.  My kids love that sand.  They go crazy burning out, donuts, wheelies....no harm done. 

To shut down that area would be a crime.  Take away ALL the cool thrilling things kids can do(chess isn't for every kid), and they'll find their thrills through other means.  Maybe we need something like the Texas border patrol here. 
viper

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »

I hate to disagree with Lisa - but my sources say the ONFA wasn't even around when Rodman got opened back up, it was Mr. Bush, that opened the area back up. ONFA had nothing to do with it being opened up.

Bearfoot, you are very niave if you think they weren't going to close Rodman anyway. While ONFA and Mr. Bush "opened" the area backup, since Linda Duever is on the Board of ONFA (She works with Defenders who filed the suit to close the Pit in the first place) I knew it was only a matter of time before they closed it down (ONFA was the group who kept it open for at least this long.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com