Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WATCH OUT FOR FWC!!!!  (Read 3601 times)
alafiaoutlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »

This weekend FWC was fining several riders for riding in the area east of Delancy Unit on the other side of 19. There are no designated trail system in this area so I guess you are not allowed to ride there. They were also giving citations to licensed vehicles which were not on numbered roads. I have not seen anything that states that you are in violation for having a licensed vehicle off a numbered road but several people got citations for doing so. I feel this is taking it a little too far, especially for us that hunt. If there is any other information on this please reply.

2003 PREDATOR 500
2001 SCRAMBLER 500
2004 TRAILBOSS 330
2000 LT 250
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:43:19 AM »

The Forest Service has determined that unless it is marked (either as a trail or a numbered road) that it is closed.  Licensed vehicles are allowed on numbered roads and trails marked for jeeps.  No distinction is made for hunting, the rule applies for everyone.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
cr1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:08:12 AM »

i have been to ocala twice and plan to go back and we always ride out of big scrub . i have never seen any numbered trails  is it legal to ride that part of onf?
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »

I was wondering the same thing if Big Scrub was still open. I plan on going this weekend just for the day.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »

Big Scrub is in Phase II and no trails have been designated.  The area is still open.  The area east of hwy 19 north of Salt Springs was in phase I.  Trails are designated, and if it is not marked as a trail or road, then considered closed.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
alafiaoutlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »

Big Scrub is in Phase II and no trails have been designated.  The area is still open.  The area east of hwy 19 north of Salt Springs was in phase I.  Trails are designated, and if it is not marked as a trail or road, then considered closed.
There is nothing marked at all on this area. Some intersections in this area has the brown marker holders in the ground but no path explanation on them. I was wondering if something was planned in the near future.

2003 PREDATOR 500
2001 SCRAMBLER 500
2004 TRAILBOSS 330
2000 LT 250
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 01:05:22 PM »

Yes the trails are POORLY marked, and should not be enforced until they are CLEARLY marked.  The marked trails were whooped out pretty badly.  From my last visit, I'd have to say the trail system is somewhat of a failure, or at best a work in progress with a lot of work to make it self navigated. 

One of the  responses I recieved from one of the Rangers that I had questioned about the lack of markers, and confusing trails replied "Well, if you spent a few days on the trail for 8-10 hrs on the trail, you'd just know where to go"  Yeah, that's going to happen.  We were there for 4 days and did just about all the trails on the No end of the ONF, some of them a few times, and not once did we ride continously, without stopping to vote on which unmarked trail we should follow as the marked trail we started on forked into 2 or more directions.

You say "The area is still open"(Big Scrub).  Where exactly can we ride w/o getting ticketed/fined?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com