Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: next mod for new banshee?  (Read 35514 times)
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »

10-4 brother! wait till the SFTL league comes down.. ill have the dice..

WELL I STILL LIKE MY FUZZY DICE IDEA! BASTARDS!! Undecided
I will hang some off mine just for you Chris Grin Kiss

I dare ya.  remember i will have the video camera.

Come on Smokey, you know Ill hang them  off the bumper...

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2007, 08:58:09 PM »

I HAD A MOTOR WITH 17CC DOMES AND THE SQUISH WAS AT.042 AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS A PUMP GAS MOTOR. a motor set up right with 17cc domes is going to have at least 190 to over 200psi of compression. THAT IS NOT A PUMP GAS MOTOR!
my last 350 motor had 17cc domes in it with 220psi of compression, but this motor was built for mx racing or trail riding.

drag racing- lower comp. so the motor revs up quick
trails and mx- high comp for low end power to come out of coners and such.....

that orange bike has some compression, and my calf muscle will tell ya that.

Kick over a 370 (250r)with hi compression... you cant do it with tennis shoes on that for sure.. dang near breaks your foot...

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »

I HAD A MOTOR WITH 17CC DOMES AND THE SQUISH WAS AT.042 AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS A PUMP GAS MOTOR. a motor set up right with 17cc domes is going to have at least 190 to over 200psi of compression. THAT IS NOT A PUMP GAS MOTOR!
my last 350 motor had 17cc domes in it with 220psi of compression, but this motor was built for mx racing or trail riding.

drag racing- lower comp. so the motor revs up quick
trails and mx- high comp for low end power to come out of coners and such.....

that orange bike has some compression, and my calf muscle will tell ya that.

Kick over a 370 (250r)with hi compression... you cant do it with tennis shoes on that for sure.. dang near breaks your foot...

no $hit.  I went to crank the orange crush and troy said it has some compression.  first kick I couldn't even kick it all the way down.  now I have to jump and kick it to get it started.

oh you hanging em from the bumper and them videos will be all over photobucket.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »

i went to start mine and i thought i broke my foot Angry. i had to put a motorcross boot on and it still hurt like hell. this thing loves to kick back.
i cant wait until chris tries to kick it. i going to laugh my a$$ off Shocked
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »

i went to start mine and i thought i broke my foot Angry. i had to put a motorcross boot on and it still hurt like hell. this thing loves to kick back.

sure hope he doesn't stall out, your going to have to come and crank it for him.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »

You think that is bad? Try kicking a single 524cc cylinder with 170psi. I sprained my ankle (down for 3 weeks) using tennis shoes when it kicked back one time. Now I have a thin piece of steel in the sole of my boots when I ride. But its the greatest built in alarm system ever!  Grin People ask if they can ride it and I say sure if you can start it. 

Granted I don't turn the rpms that you guys do but I did use 93 octane with 170psi and it ran fine. I use 100 now cause I changed pipes and increased rpms. Just for the safety factor. 

535- You mentioned that in drag racing use low compression. Speaking from a automotive perspective all the high rpm N/A motors use high compression. I can understand the reason for low compression in relation to less resistance in generating rpms but would it affect the rpm capability that much to make a difference? Just curious. Thanks. -Mark

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:13:35 PM by Old_School » Logged

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »

You think that is bad? Try kicking a single 524cc cylinder with 170psi. I sprained my ankle (down for 3 weeks) using tennis shoes when it kicked back one time. Now I have a thin piece of steel in the sole of my boots when I ride. But its the greatest built in alarm system ever!  Grin People ask if they can ride it and I say sure if you can start it. 

Granted I don't turn the rpms that you guys do but I did use 93 octane with 170psi and it ran fine. I use 100 now cause I changed pipes and increased rpms. Just for the safety factor. 

535- You mentioned that in drag racing use low compression. Speaking from a automotive perspective all the high rpm N/A motors use high compression. I can understand the reason for low compression in relation to less resistance in generating rpms but would it affect the rpm capability that much to make a difference? Just curious. Thanks. -Mark

That's a good point.  It might have to do with the drag cars having 8 cylinders, and they're able to overcome it a little better.  Like a single cylinder can't run with super high compression unless the flywheel is very heavy and can compress everything on the compression/intake stroke.  I would guess it's not as bad in a two cylinder, because when one is on it's power stroke, it's forcing the other piston, compressing the air/fuel.  And when you go to 8 cylinders, it's even less a problem, so you can run higher compression.  That's just an idea, don't know if that's correct.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »

http://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11216&cat=189&page=1

Has any one used or heard of this timming plate before as it is so cheap it may be no good (see link abv.)? How far can i advance the timming on pump gas? Thoughts?

Also have you heard about the new 500cc banchee for 2008 see the attached pic. Not a four stroke fan but if i had to buy one that would be the one!

[attachment deleted by admin]
xr100racer

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

no, dirtwheels is playing a trick on their readers as usual. there will be no 4 stroke banshee
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »

Thats an average price for that plate. I wouldnt go farther than +4

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2007, 10:43:30 AM »

no, dirtwheels is playing a trick on their readers as usual. there will be no 4 stroke banshee

APRIL FOOLS !   You say
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com